10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

Can anyone who has built AA or is building it verify the total number of bags? Bags are numbered 1-9 with one extra unnumbered bag of misc parts. I believe there are 12 total bags included, but curious to know if anyone knows off hand.

Thanks.

I think there's a thread about how many bags...

It's called number of sealed bags.

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

Can anyone who has built AA or is building it verify the total number of bags? Bags are numbered 1-9 with one extra unnumbered bag of misc parts. I believe there are 12 total bags included, but curious to know if anyone knows off hand.

Thanks.

I checked the bag count myself. Posted a pic somewhere.

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

• Like 1

Well, TH was truly out of the blue.  With AA, I bought 13 of 'em just before EOL.  Hoped for 3 more, but that may have to do.  What I took for signs were the limit reduced from 5 to 2, the Tumbler being released (so two exclusives in a non-SW licensed theme; never happened before), and toward the end, the set being discounted at LEGO Shop at Home Europe and then selling out over there.  This left Americans with about a week to stock up from LEGO Shop at Home and Amazon, which is six days more time than we had with R2 after it sold out in Europe.

For me, AA was basically out of the blue.  I saw a few of the signs like the reduction in the purchase limit at LEGO Shop at Home, but I thought we'd have another year.

I wonder how many of us simply ran out of money and room to hoard the AA.  The SSD, TH and HH will do that to you.

This is pretty much my case.  Like a lot of people though, I figured I still had next year to stock up on AA.  I was focusing more on meeting my goals for R2 since it was going bye bye, and mid next year I'd start selling those and HH to make room/free up cash to stock AA.  As it is I only have 3 arkham's that I bought a while ago, and I'm building one of them.

This is pretty much my case.  Like a lot of people though, I figured I still had next year to stock up on AA.  I was focusing more on meeting my goals for R2 since it was going bye bye, and mid next year I'd start selling those and HH to make room/free up cash to stock AA.  As it is I only have 3 arkham's that I bought a while ago, and I'm building one of them.

I ran out of space :(

I wonder how many of us simply ran out of money and room to hoard the AA.  The SSD, TH and HH will do that to you.

I think as more sets retire in this short time frame, the competition thins out. I know I'm stretching to add a few more exclusives to my portfolio despite dwindling cash reserves and space.

Emotionally, I have that problem with Super Heroes sets.  I've never been into the comics they're based on, so if I just buy based on my own interests I'd never touch 'em.  But you've got to consider past performance.  Folks love Batman.  I mean, even Wyldstyle fell for him.

Just to reinforce that they are a good investment, many of us SH fans are nuts. Batman's fan base is probably the most rabid of all. Arkham is one of the most important places in the Batman universe. The best Batman video game series ever is based on Arkham. This set will do well. If I got into LEGO a year from now and saw that this set was available at one point but was now retired, I would drop 2x MSRP in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

When I get home I will post

I heard from a few members here online that AA is coming back. TRU Canada had a fair amount in stock and there were rumors from a few Lego shop managers.

I am taking this with a grain of salt, but it would be interesting to compare the production date codes to verify.

Anyone else have any info. or thoughts on this?

Anyone else have any info. or thoughts on this?

Just an FYI.. Really late last night got alert for AA in stock at Amazon, didn't catch it in time to buy, but it was listed as "available on 12/31". I was going to post in the DD thread, but it was basically a chatroom yesterday (and the day before...) lol

Curious, has anyone seen that date on Amazon AA listings the past couple weeks during their brief availability? Or is this new? I don't recall seeing that prior to last night but could have easily missed it like I keep missing the damn BIN button.

If you were in Canada, lots still readily available.  I recently returned a bunch to free up some cash.

Aww, I'm in Washington, so it wouldn't be a crazy drive, but it'd be a trip for sure.  It looks like both TrU.ca and Walmart.ca have them in stock, but of course, noone will ship to the US.