10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

Try working out a trade in bricktrader. Thinking about that myself. Anyone thinks 1 SSD for 3 AA (SSD owner pays both shipping) is a fair deal?

I think its fair either way.  3 AA is worth a little more right now in instant sales than SSD but that should even out overall.  

I personally would trade a SSD for 3 AA without hesitation at this moment where I would think about trading 3 AA for a SSD.  I'm sure a lot would disagree with that , but thats just my take on it.  Its just much easier for me to sell $250-350 sets than $700 ones

R2 is TOOS, still has some life. TH was a shocker, there were plenty of signs on AA.

Did they ship, Mine from 12/3 have not shipped yet still say In Process

You know I had not even checked until your post. Mine says the same thing. Hope I get these, this last second pair hit my goal for AA.

I would say TH went the quietest and was most under the radar, then R2.  

AA went quick/quiet but the signs were there, no restocks for 2 months in a row in stores and very little online availability.  TH and R2 were consistently coming in and then bam gone, especially TH.  

AA so far did not have "re-appearances". but maybe retailers are too busy to play "well, lets put up for sale a couple of these sold out sets" game

R2 is TOOS, still has some life. TH was a shocker, there were plenty of signs on AA.

You know I had not even checked until your post. Mine says the same thing. Hope I get these, this last second pair hit my goal for AA.

Yeah me too these were my icing on cake to reach goal number +1

Edited by junkrigger

I think the set caught many off guard for some reason. I listened and bought as many using profits from about 20 HH. Many of the secondary retailers were done but it was "available now" at Lego. Then it poofed to "Sold Out" just like that.

Now to stock up on MF, unexpected gathering (which I think is close to done) and Batcaves. UG is my sleeper of sorts. I know some have bought it but it's a must for me.

• Like 2

Am I the only one that thinks its odd this is "retired" at this point? It was just in the most recent catalog. My nephews actually wanted this set above anything else in that catalog so I do find it odd that its being slated as retired or gone for good. When I called my lego store (MN) they said its retired and they won't get any others in.

I have one but there is no way that I'm giving that to my newphews....Besides there are two of them and only one AA so its actually be bad of me as their uncle to choose my favorite to give it to.

It's been pretty much decided that that catalog is a poor indicator of EOL.
  • Like 1

I messed up. I was going to buy a few during cyber Monday but instead bought the train that was on sale. I should have bought two AA's. Trying to manage my funds so it was one or the other. 

Wouldn't call it a mess up.  Hard to pass up a retired Train set at 20% off that has been performing well into early retirement.

• Like 2

I would say TH went the quietest and was most under the radar, then R2.

AA went quick/quiet but the signs were there, no restocks for 2 months in a row in stores and very little online availability. TH and R2 were consistently coming in and then bam gone, especially TH.

I agree. TH will be the quietest to go from here on out since it was really the first one to go out of order. (I'm not counting the HH because it had been out for awhile and there were some expectations of EOL.) Now the community here is much MUCH more aware of what's going down and I'm sure preparing accordingly... hopefully!
  • Like 1

Probably the best late indication that Arkham Asylum and R2-D2 were going in the US was what happened in European markets earlier.  The sale on Arkham on the early brick Friday week in Europe was a final indication, especially after it sold out.  R2 was sold out in European shops and Lego earlier than the US, and it's still TOOS on the Lego US page.  I thought AA would be around at least into early next year, but with orders already cancelled that appears unlikely.

At times, it pays to pay attention to other markets when it comes to set disappearance.  After all, SSD sold out and completely retired in the US well before it even went to backordered status in Europe.

So, I just got home from work to find a large lego box on my front porch.  The only things I currently have on order are two TOO which are both backordered.  I open the box to find an AA which I did not order or pay for.....crazy, and NO joke. The order reference # matches the one from the AA I already received a few days ago.  Not sure what to do.  If I call and ask to pay for this set, should I be worried they will want me to send it back?

I mean, if they want to keep sending them, I will keep buying them.... :clapping:

Jeff

So, I just got home from work to find a large lego box on my front porch.  The only things I currently have on order are two TOO which are both backordered.  I open the box to find an AA which I did not order or pay for.....crazy, and NO joke. The order reference # matches the one from the AA I already received a few days ago.  Not sure what to do.  If I call and ask to pay for this set, should I be worried they will want me to send it back?

I mean, if they want to keep sending them, I will keep buying them.... :clapping:

Jeff

It's Christmas so I would assume it's a present for being a loyal customer. Send them a nice fruitcake with a thank you card. 

So, I just got home from work to find a large lego box on my front porch. The only things I currently have on order are two TOO which are both backordered. I open the box to find an AA which I did not order or pay for.....crazy, and NO joke. The order reference # matches the one from the AA I already received a few days ago. Not sure what to do. If I call and ask to pay for this set, should I be worried they will want me to send it back?

Jeff

It doesn't sound like you're exactly buying the extra.

So, I just got home from work to find a large lego box on my front porch. The only things I currently have on order are two TOO which are both backordered. I open the box to find an AA which I did not order or pay for.....crazy, and NO joke. The order reference # matches the one from the AA I already received a few days ago. Not sure what to do. If I call and ask to pay for this set, should I be worried they will want me to send it back?

Jeff

contact the seller. that would be my suggestion

Jeff

All of our AA orders are starting to roll in from LEGO Shop at Home placed on the 2nd. Every single order was double shipped as well with no charge for the duplicate. Looks like their third party fulfillment company is having a heck of a time in Southaven.

So I guess we should be expecting a lot of these "what should I do with the mistake I order I received but didn't pay for" questions popping up.

About 6 years ago I received two orders from S@H during this time that were just dropped off at my house by mistake by the delivery company. I immediately called S@H on both occasions, and even delivered one of them for them since it was close to Christmas. Too bad this site didn't exist back then because I could've asked everyone else what the right thing to do was and if a couple people said "keep the stuff, not your fault, too bad for them" I could have kept the stuff and not had to feel bad about it.

• Like 1