10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

I don't understand unless you really need the money why sell the Batman Ayslum so quick, wait and these will be $400 and up. Thats why about 75% of investors crack way to early, just remember you will never see this set again.

Isn't this the second time we have seen an Arkham Asylum?  I agree with your sentiment that it might be a while before we see another one, but I don't know that I would say never.  I imagine we will see a different Batcave sometime too.

I ordered this set from shop at home about 48 hours before it sold out. It's been " in warehouse" until today. Today I got an email saying they are OOS and will ship when they get new stock. My order status is now marked as "waiting for new stock". Anything like this ever happen to anyone else? Anyone know what this might mean, is it a new production run?

I ordered this set from shop at home about 48 hours before it sold out. It's been " in warehouse" until today. Today I got an email saying they are OOS and will ship when they get new stock. My order status is now marked as "waiting for new stock". Anything like this ever happen to anyone else? Anyone know what this might mean, is it a new production run?

I got this on a 7965 Millennium Falcon a week or two ago.  Someone else did as well.  Their order then got cancelled.  Then a week later mine got cancelled.  You could be lucky on a last run but I think there is a good chance it is done.  Of course no one cares about the 7965 MF, which is great for me.  I've been buying them up in addition to the AA.

I'm in the same boat, but can add no insight into what it means.  But outatime reported in an earlier post that his outstanding order was cancelled this morning.  So maybe they are actually expecting a little more stock if they are cancelling some orders and backordering others.

Let me put real numbers on here before people play Monday morning quarterback.

Paid $169.59 (6% Sales Tax) for 10937 and received 40107 free.

Sold for $259.99 (plus shipping).

eBay fees = $24.07

PP fees = $8.92

Net to me $57.41 plus the 40107 (which I have not sold yet, but for round numbers, let's put the net value of that at $12.59)

So, $70 profit on a $169.59 purchase (41.3% return).  I spent more time on this post then I did listing and shipping this set. 

People can talk about potential profit all they want, but you have to take into account carrying cost and space.  If you have a rent free warehouse, I suggest you buy as many exclusives as you can afford.  Me, I have a 6x12 storage closet in my basement designated for Lego.  If I can turn a quick holiday profit for minimal work, I will do it.

I will be happy to take my $70 and re-invest and flip it.  If someone wants to have a little contest against their future AA earnings with a set timeframe, I would be happy to do that.  My multiple transactions can be seen as a wash with storage/carrying costs.

• Like 6

Let me put real numbers on here before people play Monday morning quarterback.

Paid $169.59 (6% Sales Tax) for 10937 and received 40107 free.

Sold for $259.99 (plus shipping).

eBay fees = $24.07

PP fees = $8.92

Net to me $57.41 plus the 40107 (which I have not sold yet, but for round numbers, let's put the net value of that at $12.59)

So, $70 profit on a $169.59 purchase (41.3% return).  I spent more time on this post then I did listing and shipping this set. 

People can talk about potential profit all they want, but you have to take into account carrying cost and space.  If you have a rent free warehouse, I suggest you buy as many exclusives as you can afford.  Me, I have a 6x12 storage closet in my basement designated for Lego.  If I can turn a quick holiday profit for minimal work, I will do it.

I will be happy to take my $70 and re-invest and flip it.  If someone wants to have a little contest against their future AA earnings with a set timeframe, I would be happy to do that.  My multiple transactions can be seen as a wash with storage/carrying costs.

No hate from me, I flipped some HH to help fund the LTH.

I got this on a 7965 Millennium Falcon a week or two ago.  Someone else did as well.  Their order then got cancelled.  Then a week later mine got cancelled.  You could be lucky on a last run but I think there is a good chance it is done.  Of course no one cares about the 7965 MF, which is great for me.  I've been buying them up in addition to the AA.

I am too lazy to look but weren't you one of the ones ridiculing me for trying to stock up on these at around $100 in Sept? Maybe you weren't but a number of people were. You know, re-release, been out too long, discounts, re-make coming, new UCS set, this is going to fail fail fail fail. Funny how things change.

Glad I hit my target months ago at a good discount.

I am too lazy to look but weren't you one of the ones ridiculing me for trying to stock up on these at around $100 in Sept? Maybe you weren't but a number of people were. You know, re-release, been out too long, discounts, re-make coming, new UCS set, this is going to fail fail fail fail. Funny how things change.

Glad I hit my target months ago at a good discount.

I do not normally ridicule people.  That is not my manner.  I do not remember but if I did I apologize.  I believe 7965 MF is a great medium term investment even at MSRP.

The only comment Trek made on the 7965 thread in Sept was wanting a new UCS MF and even apologizing for wanting it in the same post LOL

Never seen Trek ridicule someone.  As he stated, definitely not his thing.  

Didn't see anyone ridiculing you over it unless its under another thread which definitely could be the case.  Kind of like this one being in AA

• Like 5

Since what I posted i have gotten 10 emails telling me to let people sell them cheap as it will be more for us to sell and make more money, one email said he sold most of his HH and now he is sorry, and another email from a guy that sold 2 SSD so he will have money to go after the clearance stuff after Christmas, for selling Lego for 14 years most of the people I have known regret buying the wrong sets and the main thing they regret is "Selling there stuff way way to early" Now like I said if you need the money well thats different, but people should not be spending hundreds and thousands of dollars using Rent,Car payments, Food,etc. Ed

• Like 3