10937 - Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout

StarCityBrickCompany

So I purchased an AA on Amazon last week at MSRP to get me to my desired amout. When it arrived the seals were broken. I looked inside and everything appears to be there. I went on Amazon to see if I can exchange it. I can't, I can only return it. Any thoughts of what I should do?

Build it.
  • Like 5

So I purchased an AA on Amazon last week at MSRP to get me to my desired amout. When it arrived the seals were broken. I looked inside and everything appears to be there. I went on Amazon to see if I can exchange it. I can't, I can only return it. Any thoughts of what I should do?

Talk to Amazon customer service and they'll probably refund 20%. Then store it as you'd originally planned. As long as all the bags are there and sealed, an opened box won't reduce the value of the set that much.

Anyone else have a AA order from Monday night still "In Warehouse"?  I ordered one more of these Monday night..approx. 24 hours before it was markded sold out.  Should I be nervous?

-Jeff

I ordered one on Monday night also.  It finally switched from "in warehouse" to "complete" today.  It also says that it is shipping today.

It's interesting to see the difference in enthusiasm for the different exclusives.  R2 retired and that thread went crazy.  Ditto for Town Hall.  Personally I'd rate AA below TH but above R2.  That's my opinion of how the sets look assembled, not a prediction of their investment potential.  What I'm curious to see is if there ends up being any correlation between the length in pages of a set's dedicated thread on this site, and its post-EOL performance.

As an aside, AA is just a fa

• Like 1

Still available to buy online at Smyths UK.

Seeing as it's been out of stock at Lego for a week and it's less than 3 weeks to Christmas, I would have thought these would have been gobbled up by now.

Or am I reading too much into it?

Every single one of my Friends kids has switched from SH to SW this Christmas and it

It's interesting to see the difference in enthusiasm for the different exclusives.  R2 retired and that thread went crazy.  Ditto for Town Hall.  Personally I'd rate AA below TH but above R2.  That's my opinion of how the sets look assembled, not a prediction of their investment potential.  What I'm curious to see is if there ends up being any correlation between the length in pages of a set's dedicated thread on this site, and its post-EOL performance.

Even though this thread isn't blowing up, prices on the bay have jumped pretty significantly, so there is demand. Check out some recent sold listings...prices look solid.

I grabbed two more from TRU.ca with the airmiles promo. Not great, but I think it works out to about $28 back in airmiles cash.

What about investors though? I would have thought they'd be cleaning these out seeing as it's sold out at Lego and not available anywhere else in UK/Ireland.

Maybe stretched too thin - gobbled up GEs, THs and R2s...maybe grabbed HE and ToOs from S&**** with promos, now with Christmas presents also needing to be bought...something has to give.

I'm getting creative and pushing old stock and sales to free up some capital. Too much chaos!

• Like 1

What about investors though? I would have thought they'd be cleaning these out seeing as it's sold out at Lego and not available anywhere else in UK/Ireland.

Between the exclusives retiring, big build up in SW demand and the counterfeiters targeting mostly DC/Marvel sets, I don

It has already taken a big jump online pulling in 240 to 250 less than a week after selling out. This sets availability the last few months has been very sparse and hard to build up due to that. Only place that really had them was shop at home and hard to go crazy in quantity through them. That should make its initial jump pretty high which seems to be the case early on.

Maybe stretched too thin - gobbled up GEs, THs and R2s...maybe grabbed HE and ToOs from S&**** with promos, now with Christmas presents also needing to be bought...something has to give.

I'm getting creative and pushing old stock and sales to free up some capital. Too much chaos!

I think this is probably the case here as well. I've piled a majority of my money into TH and some GE's. I would love to get more AA's but I'm stretched already. AA's are a Target exclusive here in Aus and they're currently 20% off and it doesn't look like they're moving fast. R2's are also sitting at Target at 20% off. I'm not going to read too much into as to why they're not being sold out. I know they'll be winners down the track. Too much chaos is right!!

Anyone else have a AA order from Monday night still "In Warehouse"?  I ordered one more of these Monday night..approx. 24 hours before it was markded sold out.  Should I be nervous?

-Jeff

Check your order all of ours just shipped overnight. I have a feeling the third party TLG hires in the USA to fulfill their orders is swamped right now. Given the USA is their biggest market I don't understand why they don't run the whole operation themselves. This is a company that loves to leave money on the table.