Lego Customer Service

MartinP

Today, I got some replacement parts that I needed from a set. Usually, it take about 1-2 weeks for the pieces to come in. This time it has been four months since I have placed the request for the pieces. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else here. i do not think that it is usual for it to take that long to send the replacement parts.

Martin, if you don't mind me asking, how many times have you ordered replacement parts? Based on how you said that they usually come within 1-2 weeks, I'm guessing it's been several times. Anyways, I'm certainly not trying to make any accusations, so please don't take this the wrong way, but maybe LEGO suspects that you are taking advantage of the service? Maybe after a certain number of requests they put orders on hold? Just spit balling here. Or, maybe one of the pieces you requested was out of stock?

For me, I've only requested 2 pieces 1 time, and it arrived in less than a week. Also, the part wasn't actually missing, rather it broke from the model tipping over and all the stress was on the triangle Technic pieces which hold the wings on and it snapped in two (8087 TIE Defender). I noted that when I ordered the part and they wrote back to apologize to me lol, even though it was my fault (my kittens actually) that it fell over.

Just a side note, I've built no less than 100 NIB sets and never once had any missing pieces. Now, there were several times I was convinced there were missing parts, but I ended up finding them stuck in the bag, or stuck to another piece, or on the ground. I'm sure it does happen often enough, and I'm just lucky it hasn't happened to me yet.

-PB

2-3 weeks for some wheels from a tech set.  I was really happy, since they shipped from Scandinavia and all. It took much longer for my pick a brick order, which made me made since they drop the tracking off the radar when it is about to enter US Customs.  I think it was stalled there for a week before being assigned to the USPS, which made it another 2 weeks.  Customs maybe the reason you had such a long wait.

Martin, if you don't mind me asking, how many times have you ordered replacement parts? Based on how you said that they usually come within 1-2 weeks, I'm guessing it's been several times. Anyways, I'm certainly not trying to make any accusations, so please don't take this the wrong way, but maybe LEGO suspects that you are taking advantage of the service? Maybe after a certain number of requests they put orders on hold? Just spit balling here. Or, maybe one of the pieces you requested was out of stock?

For me, I've only requested 2 pieces 1 time, and it arrived in less than a week. Also, the part wasn't actually missing, rather it broke from the model tipping over and all the stress was on the triangle Technic pieces which hold the wings on and it snapped in two (8087 TIE Defender). I noted that when I ordered the part and they wrote back to apologize to me lol, even though it was my fault (my kittens actually) that it fell over.

Just a side note, I've built no less than 100 NIB sets and never once had any missing pieces. Now, there were several times I was convinced there were missing parts, but I ended up finding them stuck in the bag, or stuck to another piece, or on the ground. I'm sure it does happen often enough, and I'm just lucky it hasn't happened to me yet.

-PB

This is the second time I have used the customer service. When I asked for the pieces, they all said that they were in stock, and they were common pieces. The pieces were from a technic set that I got from the lego store.

I would give customer service a call back, I'm sure something was messed up and that's why you haven't received anything yet. You could always go to the Lego store as well (if it's close) and they may go as far as opening a set to pull out pieces that you need.

I agree. Everytime I have had to cell them they have taken care of stuff without any problem at all. I really like their customer service.

Guest eightbrick

When I got a couple missing pieces from some LOTR sets it took at least a month I believe. Depends on where you live and where the pieces come from. I think they might come from Eastern Europe (the same as Pick a Brick pieces - I think my last PAB order came in from Poland) so that could be a tiny part of why they take so long.