Interesting Eurobricks Topic. "What kind of AFOL are you?"

Darth Lego

I saw this topic on Eurobricks and I thought it would interesting to ask it on here. Below is the original post by Bonaparte of Eurobricks.com. Here is the link to the quote/topic below on Eurobricks.com. (In the last question I changed Eurobricks to Brickpicker and I removed "regulator (indexing, ...)" since we don't have that here on Brickpicker. I then added "writing blog articles" instead. I also bolded and underlined some words.) If anybody thinks a poll would be better please let me know so I can add it.

Recently Hispabrick Magazine interviewed Jan Beyer, LEGO Community, Engagement and Events Team, in which Jan stated following:

Teens like myself can substitute TFOL for AFOL.  My answers are in italics and bold below.

What kind of TFOL are you?

• Are you a member of a LUG?

Yes or no.

No.

• Are you actively participating in your LUG?

If yes, what do you do (e.***. helping out during events, making displays, etc.)?

If no, what's holding you back?

?No because I don't have the time and my local LUG requires an adult to accompany you if you are under 18 so my parent(s) would have to come along.  

• Would you consider supporting more actively the online TFOL/AFOL community (e.***. Brickpicker) as a moderator, writing blog articles, making set reviews, etc.?

If the answer is yes, where do you possibly see yourself contributing?

If the answer is no, what's the reason (e.***. lack of time, ...)?

Looking forward to read your feedback!

I write blog articles from time to time. The only reason why I don't write more is because I don't have the time. I really like supporting this great community in anyway I can.

Edited by Darth Lego

Guest eightbrick

1) Nope.

2) Haven't really looked into it.

3) Yes: set reviews, blog articles, word of mouth advertising, but I would like to get more invloved... I'm working on something that is helping with that right now (It's coming Ed!).

Guest eightbrick

What's a LUG??

Lego User Group. Basically its a bunch of people, usually adult MOCers who get together and do things, including events (they will make community builds). The one in your area is called chilug: http://chilug.webs.com/ Hope that sort of answered your question.

1) No.

2) No. The "What's holding me back" is a vested dislike of joining real life groups with their real life dramas and angsts and expectations and humanity. I like my humanity in small doses I can easily control, like online; or in larger doses of people I actively like or love enough to cope with their occasional drama, like my family and a few close friends.

3) Sure, when I learn enough to speak up on more than an occasional forum basis.

1) No.

2) Haven't had the time to look into that sort of thing. It does intrigue me though.

3) I'd like to start doing some set reviews on here, but I haven't had the time to build a single set since I found this site in May. One day I wouldn't mind collaborating on some sort of giant build for a Lego event. Maybe one day.