Homemade storage units

bosuch

Just wanted to post a pic of the Lego storage I built. Each unit is 4' wide x 2' tall. I didn't get the stain exactly the same on each one, and the drawers aren't completely uniform - you have to make sure you put it back in the same one it came from - but it works. Of course, they were both immediately full, so I guess I need to go vertical with another pair... :)

post-6178-0-80713700-1375637076_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Just wanted to post a pic of the Lego storage I built. Each unit is 4' wide x 2' tall. I didn't get the stain exactly the same on each one, and the drawers aren't completely uniform - you have to make sure you put it back in the same one it came from - but it works. Of course, they were both immediately full, so I guess I need to go vertical with another pair... :)

Lol that looks amazing. Mine would be unfinished, leaning one way, and would probably fall down.

Those look pretty nice :) Great craftsmanship and solid work.

Also is that an R2D2 Mr. Potatohead I see? And Optimus Prime Potatohead... lmao. 

Yup, R2-Spud2, and C3-Potato has fallen down behind him... Then Optimash Prime is right next to Bumblespud.

I have the Darth Vader Potato head. Did you get those at Disney World or a somewhere else? They were frickin expensive at Disney World. Like $25

Honestly I've lost track of where we've gotten everything... I know Darth and R2 came in a boxed set from TRU, and I think the only ones we got from Disney World were the Disney-specific ones from the "all you can eat" Mr. Potatohead bar... That's only about 1/3 of the collection too, we've still have ones like the Kiss figures, Tony Starch (Iron Man), etc.

Very nice.  I am trying to get the school that I work at to give me the old card file cabinet from the library.  It is oak and has some tight dovetail joints for the drawers. I am sure they will give it to me, as the library no longer uses card files, but I am not sure how to get it home without a moving truck.  I will be using it for Lego bricks and other maker stuff in my office. 

Very nice.  I am trying to get the school that I work at to give me the old card file cabinet from the library.  It is oak and has some tight dovetail joints for the drawers. I am sure they will give it to me, as the library no longer uses card files, but I am not sure how to get it home without a moving truck.  I will be using it for Lego bricks and other maker stuff in my office. 

Yeah, I was thinking of a card catalog when I built these. The one problem with most card catalogs that I've seen (other than the fact that they cost a fortune used...) is that on most of them the sides of the drawers are only about half as high as the front of the drawer. Since they're for cards, they're not concerned with stuff falling out the sides...