Phew! Props to my wife for not freaking out!

Gondorian

We're moving house soon and I have been packing all my MSIB Lego sets into moving boxes.  My wife saw almost all of what I have and said "Is that all Lego?  There's more isn't there? :)"  She wasn't angry!  She actually smiled!  I was so relieved.  She's not going to divorce me.  And once I started showing her some of the sets, she was enthusiastic about them.  I felt a great weight lift from my shoulders.

Maybe if she knew how much I'd spent, she'd go nuts, so I'll keep that quiet for now, but the sheer amount of Lego is not making her mad at me, so I'm pretty happy right now. :)

We're moving house soon and I have been packing all my MSIB Lego sets into moving boxes.  My wife saw almost all of what I have and said "Is that all Lego?  There's more isn't there? :)"  She wasn't angry!  She actually smiled!  I was so relieved.  She's not going to divorce me.  And once I started showing her some of the sets, she was enthusiastic about them.  I felt a great weight lift from my shoulders.

Maybe if she knew how much I'd spent, she'd go nuts, so I'll keep that quiet for now, but the sheer amount of Lego is not making her mad at me, so I'm pretty happy right now. :)

So good believe me. I have no doubt that if my wife divorces me, Lego sets will be mentioned several times in the divorce settlement.

• Like 1

So good believe me. I have no doubt that if my wife divorces me, Lego sets will be mentioned several times in the divorce settlement.

Mine certainly has :lol:

My wife isn't worried about the financial side of it as she knows I have that under control. Just the space it is taking up in the house is the issue!

I think I have the financial side under control, assuming I can sell the sets before I need to pay off my 0% interest credit card in 15 months.  Otherwise, I would need to dip into savings to pay it off.

She found some sets in the wardrobe earlier BTW.  "I thought you'd emptied the wardrobes into boxes?!" she remarked.  "No, those ones were too big to fit in in the moving boxes," I replied.  (There are 4 Helm's Deep, 1 Epic Dragon Battle, 1 City Harbour, 1 City Mine and 2 Jabba's Palace up there.)

My main concern about all this is that I am a hoarder and collector and have never actually sold any Lego before.  I guess I should try to sell some Harry Potter in the lead up to Christmas, to teach myself to let go!

My main concern about all this is that I am a hoarder and collector and have never actually sold any Lego before.  I guess I should try to sell some Harry Potter in the lead up to Christmas, to teach myself to let go!

I love your signature :thumbsup: