Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. If it was an honest mistake and you have your money,  help the guy out.  S**t happens...If you are a reseller...sooner or later you will be on the other side of the fence. Not speaking of you...Some buyers on Ebay (when there is a problems) can be real jerks and get on a power trip because of FB.  A lot of "ordinary" people  resell for various reasons and deserve the benefit of the doubt.  If Amazon, Walmart  etc  screws up we basically grin and bear it.  If an Honest Ebay seller screws up...He has to hope and pray.  There are a lot of faces and familys on Ebay that deserve a bit of understanding and kindness

I know grading is subjective but I have always considered shelf wear to be minor abrasions and scuffs...not creases and crushed corners.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Architecture-Fallingwater-21005-RETIRED-with-shelf-wear-READY-TO-SHIP-/171911056418?hash=item2806b28c22.  

eBay/Amazon buyers are very interesting.  I sold a Fallingwater last night brand new in the box, but the box is more damaged than the one in the above listing (pics of the actual box were in the listing).  And I sold it for $5 more.  Sometimes I don't get why buyers purchase something for more money, in worse condition, etc. than they could have gotten from another seller.  Of course I know other factors come into play as not all buyers purchase things simply b/c they are priced the lowest, some buyers take into consideration where the seller lives in relation to where they live for shipping speed, maybe look at the seller's feedback, etc.

You are right on the money when you mention it was probably purchased from Barnes and Noble as that is where I purchased mine, LOL!

eBay/Amazon buyers are very interesting.  I sold a Fallingwater last night brand new in the box, but the box is more damaged than the one in the above listing (pics of the actual box were in the listing).  And I sold it for $5 more.  Sometimes I don't get why buyers purchase something for more money, in worse condition, etc. than they could have gotten from another seller.  Of course I know other factors come into play as not all buyers purchase things simply b/c they are priced the lowest, some buyers take into consideration where the seller lives in relation to where they live for shipping speed, maybe look at the seller's feedback, etc.

You are right on the money when you mention it was probably purchased from Barnes and Noble as that is where I purchased mine, LOL!

I quit trying to make rhyme or reason about Ebay Buyers purchasing rational...

• Like 1

Yeah i've been selling bundles of creator and starter sets which I picked up at 1.70 each. Been selling them BIN in bundles of 4 @ £24.95. Thought I'd put a few bundles on auction at .99p start > last 2 have sold for + £30. The wonders of ebay eh.

My mate had an even better one though. He had some old converse on BIN or best offer @ £13. Best offer comes in at £16 :lol:. ...accepted thanks.

• Like 3

Another week, another eBay auction winner that hasn't paid.  Item sold on 8/30/15.  I sent them a payment reminder on 9/5.  Sent them another message on 9/10.  No response.  User has low feedback score of 11 and 10 of those occurred on the same day in May.  Seems like a suspicious account to me.

Is my best option now to open a case in Seller Resolution Center?  Anything I should look out for when doing so?  Thanks for the help again.  Buy it Now from now on for me.

Another week, another eBay auction winner that hasn't paid.  Item sold on 8/30/15.  I sent them a payment reminder on 9/5.  Sent them another message on 9/10.  No response.  User has low feedback score of 11 and 10 of those occurred on the same day in May.  Seems like a suspicious account to me.

Is my best option now to open a case in Seller Resolution Center?  Anything I should look out for when doing so?  Thanks for the help again.  Buy it Now from now on for me.

I would have opened a case on 9-4

ebay has a feature that will automatically open a case when a seller doesn't pay within a couple of days. I like it - almost every time it has spooked the buyer into paying right away. Not foolproof but at least you don't have to think about it.

eBay makes you wait an extra day or two past the time you can open a case manually if you use the auto system. I open a case as soon as eBay will let me. It doesn't come up very often though as I always use immediate pay requirement. 

eBay makes you wait an extra day or two past the time you can open a case manually if you use the auto system. I open a case as soon as eBay will let me. It doesn't come up very often though as I always use immediate pay requirement. 

You can set the auto case opening time to minimum of 4 days.  IIRC the default is 6 days which is probably why you saw the lag.

Message attached to (not so cheap) polys:

"Any chance you might be able to donate a few figures? My nephew had his Star Wars collection stolen from his patio a few weeks ago... I gave him my collection but he really wants his own back, anything would help!!! Thanks"

Edited by dcdfan

Received this message today:

"Would you be willing to donate a few minifigures? I have a friend who has a daughter that is 7 and she has autism..her Lego collection was stolen from her patio last weekend..I am trying to collect a few for her..she is devastated and am heartbroken..anything will help"

Message attached to (not so cheap) polys:

"Any chance you might be able to donate a few figures? My nephew had his Star Wars collection stolen from his patio a few weeks ago... I gave him my collection but he really wants his own back, anything would help!!! Thanks"

hmmm.  So going from a 7 year old autistic girl to an ageless nephew. I guess he found that the autistic girl story was a little too much over the top to be believable.  The real lesson here is to not leave LEGO out on your patio anywhere near this guy's neighborhood. 

• Like 6

"I paid for this item this morning.  Why haven't you shipped my item yet?"

I can already tell that this is a person that I will wish I never sold anything too.  Really?  You EXPECT same day shipping?  Some people are ridiculous.

I blame Amazon. They just launched Prime Now in my area last week and we've used it 4 times already. Next day is so 2014. 2 hours is the new standard.

• Like 1