Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

I win today.

On a background, if you don't know: These little goats are only in one retired set and highly sought after. Check sold listings and the routinely go for $30-$40 each.

No one will pay this much for these. Everyone whose listed them more than $15 hasn't sold a single one. I've watched them for over a year and i get that you want to profit from the goats but it isn't going to happen. Im sorry that im ranting about this but frankly im sick of the price fixing on the lego goats. No one wants to pay more than $10 for one of these. Good luck. I hope you find a rich/sucker/fool who will buy them from you. Again I apologize for this email. Ive been drinking and am frustrated that people will only sell these stupid goats for stupid prices. Sure ive got $55 but on principal i wont pay that much for a tiny bit of plastic. Please block me so i wont bother you again. 

Have a good day.

Reply with off

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=7189-1

These posts make me happy as I just picked one NISB up for under $100 US.

I got a used one pretty recently for $40 on eBay and had no idea how much these things are lol thank god mine wasn't missing any 

• Like 1

General question really.  I buy most of my stuff off ebay - only ever done 1 "best offer" buy.  What are people usually looking for when its "best offer"?  Is it a "list for 30 days and no best offer before day 20 but then you'll consider 10% below"?  

I add the 'best offer' on quite a few of my bigger sets. I'm on the West Coast, and shipping can very a ton depending on location. Best offers show the shipping location. If someone shoots me an offer that's $10 off my ask, but I can save $10 because he's on the West Coast, I'll take it. The same offer going to Florida will get denied. 

• Like 1

I win today.

On a background, if you don't know: These little goats are only in one retired set and highly sought after. Check sold listings and the routinely go for $30-$40 each.

No one will pay this much for these. Everyone whose listed them more than $15 hasn't sold a single one. I've watched them for over a year and i get that you want to profit from the goats but it isn't going to happen. Im sorry that im ranting about this but frankly im sick of the price fixing on the lego goats. No one wants to pay more than $10 for one of these. Good luck. I hope you find a rich/sucker/fool who will buy them from you. Again I apologize for this email. Ive been drinking and am frustrated that people will only sell these stupid goats for stupid prices. Sure ive got $55 but on principal i wont pay that much for a tiny bit of plastic. Please block me so i wont bother you again. 

Have a good day.

Reply with off

I like him haha

I just had the veterans group ask me to ship them free of charge 75055.  I replied kindly by telling them to contact Lego community relations.  Replied to me with a lengthy response how Lego only donates minimally and is taking longer than expected on their request.  

On a side note...had this same set up on CL to see if anyone would bite at the reduced price.  Open box, sealed bags.  Had some crazy guy e-mail me, telling me I only had $30 worth of Legos and I was a scam artist and I need to "change my diaper".  I will refrain from sharing the other obscenities he provided.  Usually I do not reach the crazies on CL, but this time took the cake...

• Like 2

I just had the veterans group ask me to ship them free of charge 75055.  I replied kindly by telling them to contact Lego community relations.  Replied to me with a lengthy response how Lego only donates minimally and is taking longer than expected on their request.  

On a side note...had this same set up on CL to see if anyone would bite at the reduced price.  Open box, sealed bags.  Had some crazy guy e-mail me, telling me I only had $30 worth of Legos and I was a scam artist and I need to "change my diaper".  I will refrain from sharing the other obscenities he provided.  Usually I do not reach the crazies on CL, but this time took the cake...

This annoys me, there seems to be a crazy sense of entitlement from certain charitable groups, even in Australia.

What claim do they have to make a request like that? From what I can tell it's not even directly relatable to a service career (Unless their an unemployed storm trooper).

Before the Veteran backers start up, I myself am a "Veteran" (Iraq, Afghan) and think these sort of requests are ridiculous.

tell me this isn't a nutcase...

Item purchased on day 0, shipped on day 1, and the buyer started asking me why he hasn't received it on day 2...

This is standard shipping... not next-day delivery, dude......

was it shipped on day 1 or printed shipping label and uploaded tracking information in day 1. 

day 2 still not at carrier's

day 3 still not at carrier's ( buyer asks where is the package)

day 4 finally dropped to carrier :) 

was it shipped on day 1 or printed shipping label and uploaded tracking information in day 1. 

day 2 still not at carrier's

day 3 still not at carrier's ( buyer asks where is the package)

day 4 finally dropped to carrier :) 

lol funny

accepted at USPS on day 1

The buyer doesn't have many eBay transactions. About 90% of the feedbacks he left to sellers in the past all refer to the delivery. Even 1 day later later than the eBay estimated delivery dates, he gave you that on feedback. Glad that I got to learn that before shipping his package so I got to make sure the stamped date on the tracking record is there on day 1. :)

Serllers, you may want to watch this eBay buyer... lol

Edited by cissi

Speaking of carriers, anyone having legitimate issues sending or receiving using USPS lately. I'm waiting on a small package that was shipped first class mail on the 7th of this month (Michigan to Texas). It stayed over  8 days at a sorting center in South Carolina. I could have walked the package here by now.

Yes a few times a week lately. They just sit in atlanta for 4 days or so and then get to customer about 10 days after i shipped.  Post office is extremely backed up with the amazon contract. Said they are hiring drivers to alleviate it.  First class seems to be the one affected most for me. 

Yes a few times a week lately. They just sit in atlanta for 4 days or so and then get to customer about 10 days after i shipped.  Post office is extremely backed up with the amazon contract. Said they are hiring drivers to alleviate it.  First class seems to be the one affected most for me. 

concur to this. there has been some delays but

there are some sorting facilities like one in 

ALLEN PARK, MI

INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241

and few others where (un)fortunately if your packages land en-route then its all screwed ... i.e. they will sit there for at least 7-10 days before they move. its very hard to believe that they will be backed up that long. there is something really wrong in those facilities. 

They should so learned the lesson - if you can't do it, don't promise you would!

Speaking of carriers, anyone having legitimate issues sending or receiving using USPS lately. I'm waiting on a small package that was shipped first class mail on the 7th of this month (Michigan to Texas). It stayed over  8 days at a sorting center in South Carolina. I could have walked the package here by now.

Same here, multiple issues with smaller items (1st Class). Many delays and a lot of packages are not even getting scanned so tracking doesn't update