Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

I often donate Lego to local schools. I really can't be bothered to sell small sets or polybags or so I just give them away or keep for Hallowe'en trick/treaters for example. I even gave away a 9515 Malevolence last week for a StarWars themed raffle prize at a school's SciFi evening. Not that I'd get anything for the 9515 on eBay anyway.

LOL, 9515 is big money in the US.

How about those that just put 20000 BIN's on sets.  LOL   I guess there are those out there that wanna see if someone with money falling out of their pockets will say " aw.... what the heck, I'll take it"   

Either that or they are trying to send a message to resellers -  "in your face"

Some do that as placeholders or whatever while they are away though, to discourage any purchases. I guess they don't know how to use eBay's holiday function.

• Like 3

Some do that as placeholders or whatever while they are away though, to discourage any purchases. I guess they don't know how to use eBay's holiday function.

they will also do that if they run out of an item and want to maintain watchers/search placement while they source more product.

Just air them out and leave neutral or negative feedback. 

That doesn't always work. I got a UCS Falcon from craigslist where the box smelled of cigarettes. I aired the box for two weeks. I even read a tip online to stuff it with newspapers and they absorb the smell, but that didn't work either. 

• Like 1

That doesn't always work. I got a UCS Falcon from craigslist where the box smelled of cigarettes. I aired the box for two weeks. I even read a tip online to stuff it with newspapers and they absorb the smell, but that didn't work either. 

What you need to do is rub peanut butter on all the pieces and leave them out in the sun for a few days.  It's garuanteed to work. ;-)

• Like 1

What you need to do is rub peanut butter on all the pieces and leave them out in the sun for a few days.  It's garuanteed to work. ;-)

EvXMimX.jpg

I would like to see the look on that raccoon's face when it tries to pass those.

My neighbor has a racoon that hides out in his trees.  Last thing I need is the cops charging me with animal cruelty.... or worse having some racoon run off with my piggy guy.

if he rubs peanut butter all over that Box then me and every other collector that needs one around the world will cry out in anguish lol

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

• Like 2

Ive had good luck using a wash in water and vinegar. Soak for a day but try not to put pieces with stickers or printing in it. Then rinse and wash through water and bleach for 30 mins. Rinse again and they should smell nice and clean. Have gotten rid of a horrible campfire smell that way.

• Like 1

A buyer just messaged me saying that I sent his item to the wrong address. He claimed to have sent me a message with the correct address after he made the mistake on PayPal. The only problem is, there was no such message. :roadrage: 

As long as you shipped to the only address he provided (since there's no such message for 2nd address), you are good. Well, given that if you printed the shipping label through eBay. Otherwise, you have to prove the shipping address, I assume. Give eBay CS a call, they will side with you and deal with whatever feedback the buyer may leave.

Edited by cissi
  • Like 2

Not sure why, but I'm accommodating a buyer who doesn't want me to ship their item until the end of October.  They appear to be an international buyer who has paid, but asked me to ship to Chicago so it will arrive on October 31st or Nov. 1.  I suppose they'll be in Chicago then.  I'm going to go ahead and load up a FedEx tracking number, but I won't actually pay for a label until I ship it.

Not sure why, but I'm accommodating a buyer who doesn't want me to ship their item until the end of October.  They appear to be an international buyer who has paid, but asked me to ship to Chicago so it will arrive on October 31st or Nov. 1.  I suppose they'll be in Chicago then.  I'm going to go ahead and load up a FedEx tracking number, but I won't actually pay for a label until I ship it.

I guess they are coming to US and staying in Chicago during that time? The address could be their hotel or friend's house?

Got a great one today.  Someone asked if I would be willing to sell an item at about 20% off "because these ones don't seem to be selling."  Meanwhile, if you look at the listing, I've sold multiples of that product, at that price.

Geez...at least hit me up on one that looks like I haven't sold any.

Got a great one today.  Someone asked if I would be willing to sell an item at about 20% off "because these ones don't seem to be selling."  Meanwhile, if you look at the listing, I've sold multiples of that product, at that price.

Geez...at least hit me up on one that looks like I haven't sold any.

Its actually quite funny what people think they can get away with :) - maybe they thought they'd get you on a weak moment.

General question really.  I buy most of my stuff off ebay - only ever done 1 "best offer" buy.  What are people usually looking for when its "best offer"?  Is it a "list for 30 days and no best offer before day 20 but then you'll consider 10% below"?  

Personally I'd never list best offer because of what people are experiencing here - offers just come in with ridiculous prices and I'd feel the need to respond to each one; trying to be polite as possible when all they're looking at is pulling a fast one.

Great idea by ebay though!

Its actually quite funny what people think they can get away with  - maybe they thought they'd get you on a weak moment.

General question really.  I buy most of my stuff off ebay - only ever done 1 "best offer" buy.  What are people usually looking for when its "best offer"?  Is it a "list for 30 days and no best offer before day 20 but then you'll consider 10% below"?  

Personally I'd never list best offer because of what people are experiencing here - offers just come in with ridiculous prices and I'd feel the need to respond to each one; trying to be polite as possible when all they're looking at is pulling a fast one.

Great idea by ebay though!

If I want to move an item quicker, I'll post it for a few bucks more than I want and then slap on the best offer... See if I can entice someone.

I usually use the auto accept and auto decline options but not always. I'm never selling more than 10-15 items at a time so it's not a big deal to manage.

Usually I accept offers 10% lower in these cases but often counter at 5-7% off. Just my way. There is no right or wrong, just do.

I win today.

On a background, if you don't know: These little goats are only in one retired set and highly sought after. Check sold listings and the routinely go for $30-$40 each.

No one will pay this much for these. Everyone whose listed them more than $15 hasn't sold a single one. I've watched them for over a year and i get that you want to profit from the goats but it isn't going to happen. Im sorry that im ranting about this but frankly im sick of the price fixing on the lego goats. No one wants to pay more than $10 for one of these. Good luck. I hope you find a rich/sucker/fool who will buy them from you. Again I apologize for this email. Ive been drinking and am frustrated that people will only sell these stupid goats for stupid prices. Sure ive got $55 but on principal i wont pay that much for a tiny bit of plastic. Please block me so i wont bother you again. 

Have a good day.

Reply with off

Actually kind of funny in a morbid way. 

Which set has these goats?