Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Guest TabbyBoy

Received this message today:

"Would you be willing to donate a few minifigures? I have a friend who has a daughter that is 7 and she has autism..her Lego collection was stolen from her patio last weekend..I am trying to collect a few for her..she is devastated and am heartbroken..anything will help"

Damn cheek.... Not even "Please" or Thank You".  Not even worth replying to.

Does anyone have any advice with dealing with chargebacks? I sold a guy a polybag and after he received it, he requested a refund with the reason "I don't need it any more". I don't offer refunds on my items by the way and would only give one if there was a mistake on my part. Anyways, ebay sent me an email saying that I should honor the refund and let the buyer keep the item. I denied the refund but now Paypal is holding my funds for a month and it doesn't look like they will be releasing it. Do I have any recourse for this?

Does anyone have any advice with dealing with chargebacks? I sold a guy a polybag and after he received it, he requested a refund with the reason "I don't need it any more". I don't offer refunds on my items by the way and would only give one if there was a mistake on my part. Anyways, ebay sent me an email saying that I should honor the refund and let the buyer keep the item. I denied the refund but now Paypal is holding my funds for a month and it doesn't look like they will be releasing it. Do I have any recourse for this?

Wow, honor the refund AND let them keep it? Ridiculous. :(  I haven't dealt with that yet. I had one grandma that wanted to return a polybag not realizing how small it was (called it a McDonald's toy) and I said she could return it but would have to pay shipping and never heard back. If eBay dares to suggest refund + keep, I fear the abuse to follow.

I think the problem is that since ebay and Payl split up, they are no longer communicating with each other. I denied the refund on ebay and it's showing up that way on there end but I don't think that's getting communicated back to Paypal. I'm scared to think about all of the hoops I'll have to jump through in order to get my finds released from Paypal. They have the worst customer support on the planet.

i would like to speak to any eBay's CS and hear their CS read the reason for return "I don't need it any more" and convince me "refund and keep it" speech in person. If they can hold their laugh, i would say go ahead and click the refund button. 

I just thought of a good reason. The eBay CS that suggested it is the buyer. :P

There's a Market Square up on auction with about 30 mins to go from a Belguim seller with only one feedback as a buyer. Pretty sure it's a scam, but I can't report it on the app as I can't find where to report it. Can someone report it if they get a chance please. 

Usually 30 mins requires a call...

we talk about buyers scammer; we think sellers are good but not anymore even for someone with over few hundered positive feedback....

long story short, i bought some lego sets over the ebay promotions. today i received .. its  short. (not sure about what happened or what the seller plan on doing. i sent him message saying hey you shorted me sets from what i ordered. lets see what is his response going to be. )

how can one ship less stuff than ordered?  just check the packing slip. and its not a small minifigure.. its 10" X7.5"X2.5" box  how can you miss it!!!!

Edited by newbie77

Out of my six Lego purchases from ebay, two of them were shipped wrapped in only paper with no protection. Two of my sets have shown up with holes in the Lego boxes. I've received only one set in good condition. If I'm buying for resale, I am now drawn to sellers that emphasize box condition and secure packing over price alone. You haven't seen box damage until you've witnessed a Lego set wrapped in paper that has somehow made the trip across the wild plains of America through USPS Parcel Post.

Out of my six Lego purchases from ebay, two of them were shipped wrapped in only paper with no protection. Two of my sets have shown up with holes in the Lego boxes. I've received only one set in good condition. If I'm buying for resale, I am now drawn to sellers that emphasize box condition and secure packing over price alone. You haven't seen box damage until you've witnessed a Lego set wrapped in paper that has somehow made the trip across the wild plains of America through USPS Parcel Post.

true that...

Yes, there are still a lot of good sellers on eBay.  You can also go through a seller's (positive) feedbacks to figure out how good of a packager s/he is

• Like 2

I got a complaint today from someone in Australia that used the global shipping program.  They said that since they paid so much for shipping that they expected the items to be in near perfect shape.  One of the boxes had a damaged corner and they want a partial refund.  I hate partial refunds unless its just a couple bucks and he didnt state how much he wanted back.  It also appears that they put them in a different much bigger box that gave them room to move around.  I am sorry that they spent over $50 for shipping but I only got $15 of that and they dont seem to understand that.  I pride myself on 100% positive feedback but I dont want to be taken advantage of either.  What would you do?

I got a complaint today from someone in Australia that used the global shipping program.  They said that since they paid so much for shipping that they expected the items to be in near perfect shape.  One of the boxes had a damaged corner and they want a partial refund.  I hate partial refunds unless its just a couple bucks and he didnt state how much he wanted back.  It also appears that they put them in a different much bigger box that gave them room to move around.  I am sorry that they spent over $50 for shipping but I only got $15 of that and they dont seem to understand that.  I pride myself on 100% positive feedback but I dont want to be taken advantage of either.  What would you do?

with GSP you are not responsible for shipping/packaging once the item arrives in Erlanger. Pitney Bowes packed it not you.

• Like 2

This was from a buyer, who won the item last night. What would you all do?

"Firstly I 'm so Sorry about I want to cancel my bidding since there is additional sales tax more than $6.00 and it is unexpected. I never meet this situation and there is no sales tax when I brought items from other sellers. Please cancel the bidding from me. Sorry again and Thank you!"

This was from a buyer, who won the item last night. What would you all do?

"Firstly I 'm so Sorry about I want to cancel my bidding since there is additional sales tax more than $6.00 and it is unexpected. I never meet this situation and there is no sales tax when I brought items from other sellers. Please cancel the bidding from me. Sorry again and Thank you!"

i would cancel it and pass on to next person in line. { unless you mentioned on your listing that the "state buyers" will pay taxes on purchase.

• Like 2

i would cancel it and pass on to next person in line. { unless you mentioned on your listing that the "state buyers" will pay taxes on purchase.

Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: CA*(8.0%).

That's what I have on all my listings. I guess it would be best to just cancel the order and have the next person in-line pay? Can't believe someone would complain about $6.00 difference. LOL

Seller charges sales tax for items shipped to: CA*(8.0%).

That's what I have on all my listings. I guess it would be best to just cancel the order and have the next person in-line pay? Can't believe someone would complain about $6.00 difference. LOL

just cancel it and realist. I will always cancel if a buyer requests it before I ship the item.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So i see a guy selling a Technic Ferrari 8674 as "unopened" with a little damage to the corner of the box for £200 with a stock photo on the add. I email and ask how bad is the damage and can he send photos. reply as follows:

very slight damage to the corner.
it has been opened at one side to confirm it's all there.
other than that perfect for being 10 years old.

thanks..

So i see a guy selling a Technic Ferrari 8674 as "unopened" with a little damage to the corner of the box for £200 with a stock photo on the add. I email and ask how bad is the damage and can he send photos. reply as follows:

very slight damage to the corner.
it has been opened at one side to confirm it's all there.
other than that perfect for being 10 years old.

thanks..

At worst you could SNAD it if you buy it.

I believe once the seller has communicated the difference, there is no longer a difference so SNAD wouldn't apply to the buyer questioning the difference but I could be wrong...and of course unless I'm not understanding what's happening here...

• Like 1