Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Sold a used 395 Rolls Royce set to some guy in Oz, who is now kicking off in messages to me about how it wasn't sent built.

I usually mention in the listing that sets are sent disassembled, but forgot to in this one (and probably many others). I've never had someone complain about a set being sent disassembled before.

Here's what he says, the ***...

The Lego model arrived (at least I think it did), however I am very unhappy about the way you sold/send this item. I have purchased quite a few of these before and I have never had one arrive completely unbuilt in kit form. You have put up quite a few good pictures, however every pictures for the item on sale that I shouold receive shows themodel fully built and ready to display. In addition to that, no way in the description does it tell (warn) me that it will be sent un-made. NOT a happy customer.

I got back to him apologizing for the misunderstanding, telling him I would have been glad to send it assembled if he had asked me to. I have a feeling it ain't gonna wash though. I suspect he's just looking for a few quid off or something.

Sold a used 395 Rolls Royce set to some guy in Oz, who is now kicking off in messages to me about how it wasn't sent built.

I usually mention in the listing that sets are sent disassembled, but forgot to in this one (and probably many others). I've never had someone complain about a set being sent disassembled before.

I got back to him apologizing for the misunderstanding, telling him I would have been glad to send it assembled if he had asked me to. I have a feeling it ain't gonna wash though. I suspect he's just looking for a few quid off or something.

That is one of the funniest things ive ever read.

WTF

I would struggle not to be very rude to him

That is one of the funniest things ive ever read.

WTF

I would struggle not to be very rude to him

​Yeah, I really had to take a deep breath before I got back to him. I'll offer him a refund and hope he doesn't leave me bad feedback. I'll be fuming if he does though.

​Speechless!

I think the guy needs a flying headbutt, I just want to reassure that us Australians aren't all convicts or go into a a princess meltdown when our LEGO doesn't arrive constructed. All the Aussies here come from different states, so there is a good chance that one of us can deliver said flying headbutt :) 

• Like 4

I think the guy needs a flying headbutt, I just want to reassure that us Australians aren't all convicts or go into a a princess meltdown when our LEGO doesn't arrive constructed. All the Aussies here come from different states, so there is a good chance that one of us can deliver said flying headbutt :) 

​Haha yeah, I probably didn't need to mention he was an Aussie. I've sold a fair few used sets down under and never had a problem. Always glad to sell to our Aussie brethren. This drongo will be getting blocked though. :)

• Like 1

​I had a lady buy a used Fire temple from me... said her kid had autism and loved to play with Lego, but she only had so much time to assemble sets and wondered if I could ship it assembled. It cost me a couple extra bucks to ship in a larger box (and no way it stayed 100% assembled) but I packed it up as nice as I could. It's a legit thing ... many people find building Lego therapeutic for many different reasons.

​Cool story and very kind of you to try accommodating her request.  My 5yr old son was diagnosed with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) when he was 3...for him, building up his hand strength and fine motor skills was an area besides many that needed improvement - Lego was perfect.  Building is fun, he can use his imagination free building and good workout for little fingers!  He's hands has gotten a lot stronger with all the modulars we've been building together recently :)   

• Like 3

Can anyone please explain me how to block someone from ebay? This person is bugging me.

​Go to Site Map (at the bottom of most every page), under Sell/Selling Activities - you will see Block Bidder/Buyer List.

Edited by KShine

​Go to Site Map (at the bottom of most every page), under Sell/Selling Activities - you will see Block Bidder/Buyer List.

​Each eBay regional site seems to be slightly different but finding it via the Site Map feature seems pretty reliable. In fact, I can no longer find it through regular links in any of the "selling" pages. Nice work eBay.

Not everyday you see an auction asking 10x what the sets are worth

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MY-ENTIRE-LEGO-COLLECTION-TONS-OF-SETS-TONS-OF-MINIFIGS-LOOK-/301640872891?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

$12,000.   Yep.

I got about $1300 for this on the lot calculator.  Granted, that doesn't include the used sets, but I seriously doubt there's $10k worth of used.  Based on the pictures, I *might* go $1000 for the whole lot.  Might.   I dearly hope this isn't a member here.

Edited by diablo2112
  • Like 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-MY-ENTIRE-LEGO-COLLECTION-TONS-OF-SETS-TONS-OF-MINIFIGS-LOOK-/301640872891?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

$12,000.   Yep.

I got about $1300 for this on the lot calculator.  Granted, that doesn't include the used sets, but I seriously doubt there's $10k worth of used.  Based on the pictures, I *might* go $1000 for the whole lot.  Might.   I dearly hope this isn't a member here.

Hmm, they don't have time to inventory the listing but they have time to count $12,000.00...

At any rate, pickup only kills it for me...

£7,793.52 ($12,000.).   Yep.

I got about £844.3 ($1300) for this on the lot calculator.  Granted, that doesn't include the used sets, but I seriously doubt there's £6.49 ($10)k worth of used.  Based on the pictures, I *might* go £649.46 ($1000) for the whole lot.  Might.   I dearly hope this isn't a member here.

​If $1000 is what you think it is worth, then what is the ebay market value? I doubt the seller has got the value of the lot that wrong since he is an experience ebay lego seller (opened his ebay store in 2006)? 

$12,000.   Yep.

​I thought everyone here came because of that 10x!!! :D

(okay, I hope this sounds like an obvious joke...)