Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Buyer paid in the wrong currency? Not sure if that's possible via ebay though, this has happened to me off-ebay.

Well, turns out I did have an unpaid ebay invoice and an expired credit card, however it wasn't due yet. But I updated my payment info and went ahead an paid the invoice. Messaged buyer and she still says she can't pay! She is international buyer but she says the error message says "seller is not currently accepting payments" when she tries to "buy it now".

I have a favor to ask someone - would someone be willing to try a buy it now on one of my products and see what happens? If you complete the transaction, then just put in a cancel request, I will grant it and give full refund. "ShowMeTheBricks" on eBay

If anyone's willing to do this, PM me!

Happy to help!  As I mentioned, I was the fortunate recipient of the t-shirt give away in the daily deals thread last week.  It's nice to pay-it-forward helping another member; no need to refund the tiny amount to test your auctions (less than $6).  Just my way of saying thanks for all the great help and advice I receive right here on BP.  Best forum on the net, period.

• Like 3

Well, turns out I did have an unpaid ebay invoice and an expired credit card, however it wasn't due yet. But I updated my payment info and went ahead an paid the invoice. Messaged buyer and she still says she can't pay! She is international buyer but she says the error message says "seller is not currently accepting payments" when she tries to "buy it now".

I have a favor to ask someone - would someone be willing to try a buy it now on one of my products and see what happens? If you complete the transaction, then just put in a cancel request, I will grant it and give full refund. "ShowMeTheBricks" on eBay

If anyone's willing to do this, PM me!

Have you double checked that the paypal email specified in the listing is valid? I use a different email address for PayPal than eBay and every now and then eBay messes up and puts in my eBay email even though my default payment options have the right one.

Just a thought...

And if it is, call up PayPal and explain what happened and have both email addies handy. Twice they've fixed that right on the phone for me.

Update: thanks to Diablo2112, I have confirmed that there's not an issue in my end (at least for USA buyers).

So the question is - is there something in my account preventing an international sale? Or is the issue on the buyers end (she is in Australia)?

I've been through my paypal account three times and haven't found anything that should prevent international payments - and I've never had issues before!

My buy it now requires immediate payment, so I'm wondering if her account has an issue....

matt if your item requires immediate payment, do you have Austrlia enabled as a country that can purchase? and if so do you have freight costs programmed in for that t country?

If she hasn't bough it yet (I haven't read all of thread) turn the require immediate payment off.

Tell her to hit the buy it now and to not pay.

Then send her an eBay invoice with freight added and then she should be able to pay from that.

I have used this before in some cases.

matt if your item requires immediate payment, do you have Austrlia enabled as a country that can purchase? and if so do you have freight costs programmed in for that t country?

If she hasn't bough it yet (I haven't read all of thread) turn the require immediate payment off.

Tell her to hit the buy it now and to not pay.

Then send her an eBay invoice with freight added and then she should be able to pay from that.

I have used this before in some cases.

Thanks for the tips - I've never had to do this before but I'll check it out. I assume this is all on eBay (not PayPal). The listing had "ebay global shipping program" enabled as well.

Need a little guidance. I have a buyer saying that they haven't received a shipped item, tracking shows it as being delivered.  The buyer has made several attempts to get me to give them my phone number even before the item shipped.  They have zero feedback(i usually don't allow buyers with no feedback to purchase from me, not sure how they slipped by.) They requested a shipment status update, and said they are calling usps on Monday to talk to a supervisor.  just wondering what I should do to protect myself.  Any advice

Need a little guidance. I have a buyer saying that they haven't received a shipped item, tracking shows it as being delivered.  The buyer has made several attempts to get me to give them my phone number even before the item shipped.  They have zero feedback(i usually don't allow buyers with no feedback to purchase from me, not sure how they slipped by.) They requested a shipment status update, and said they are calling usps on Monday to talk to a supervisor.  just wondering what I should do to protect myself.  Any advice

My understanding is that E-Bay won't hold you accountable for it if it says that it has been delivered.  If someone would confirm that, IMO your next move should be to protect your rating with this customer.  Zero feedbackers aren't usually reliable in regards to giving feedback back.....but if you can walk them along a bit and show that your concerned....I find that usually goes a long way. 

You don't need to do anything else. As a courtesy, I generally provide the buyer with a detailed description of the package (weight, color, dimensions, etc.) and the telephone number of their delivery post office (google their zip code and post office and it'll give you the number). I suggest they ask to speak with the delivery person who scanned their package delivered, as well as their household members and neighbors in case they accepted the package for them.

eBay and PayPal will both back you up if the item shows delivered on the USPS site (signature confirmation required if the package value was over $750).

If the buyer leaves negative feedback that specifies non-delivery, you have a good chance of eBay removing it. If the buyer leaves negative feedback not specifying non-delivery, or specifying non-delivery and something else ("Package not received, seller rude!") you have less chance.

So I have posted a bunch of new stuff on my eBay store today.

You know what AMAZES ME?

I listed Benny's Spaceship at MSRP at $99.95.

No one has bought it yet and would not think they would BUT

It is the most viewed item of everything I have posted today.

Go Figure.

Odd.

Or Good?

So I have posted a bunch of new stuff on my eBay store today.

You know what AMAZES ME?

I listed Benny's Spaceship at MSRP at $99.95.

No one has bought it yet and would not think they would BUT

It is the most viewed item of everything I have posted today.

Go Figure.

Odd.

Or Good?

Better would be if it sold ;) I think there's still to many places to buy this set. I'm not even trying to list mine until Octoberish.

Very true. I've got a stack to flip and a stack to hold.

Sounds like a Kenny Rogers song.

Know when to walk away, know when to run...away from Chima clearance.

Edit: I can't believe I quoted "The Gambler" for my 2000th post. Hangs head in shame.

Edited by Migration
  • Like 3

GSP and international in general rocks. I sold to portugal, israel, China and Norway last week (direct). If you are under 4lbs, it's easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Btw Batzarro is very popular international, been selling $15+ just for minifigure, selling dvd seperate (sub $10 buy in w coupons)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

Question for ebay buyers.  I recently (wed march 4th) won an auction style listing for a Mostly complete 6285 Barracuda set.

I Paid the same day I won the auction style listing.  Handling says: "Will usually ship within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment"  I used Paypal (no echeck).

Payment Should have cleared immediately.

This morning march 6th I asked the seller if they had shipped it yet and if they would please provide a tracking number when doing so.

Verbiage of the exchange below:

"On 3/6/15, 10:00 AM, brickelements

Other: brickelements sent a message about Lego Legoland Black Seas Barracuda Pirate Ship (6285) #331489502646

Good morning,

Have you had a chance to send this yet? If you have can you please provide a tracking number.

Thank You

Scott"

____

Hi Scott,

This is scheduled to ship on Monday and I'll provide tracking info at that time.

John"

Monday?  Seriously?  How long does it take to box it up?  It might be expedited shipping however 3 business days with a weekend in the middle is not acceptable "to me".

Any suggestions on how to respond?  Do nothing?  It irritates me to no end when others don't take selling/shipping as serious.  Send the darn lot already.

Maybe I am just in a whining mood...

Remember me...yeah I caught some flack last week about sending a reminder to a seller to ship my item on the second business day when his shipping policy clearly states he has two business days to ship.

Items was bought last wednesday mid afternoon.  Today is Tuesday 6 days later and no shipping notification or tracking number yet.

Now is it acceptable to bother this poor seller?

• Like 2

Remember me...yeah I caught some flack last week about sending a reminder to a seller to ship my item on the second business day when his shipping policy clearly states he has two business days to ship.

Items was bought last wednesday mid afternoon.  Today is Tuesday 6 days later and no shipping notification or tracking number yet.

Now is it acceptable to bother this poor seller?

Good time to ask for the tracking information and put him on your naughty seller list :)

ETA: I would not release the nasty yet since he still has your items. ;)

Edited by Darth_Raichu
  • Like 1

I sold an item using the auction format for the first time and now the guy hasn't paid for 2 days. My policy is 3 so he has one more but is there any way I could try and contact him to see if he even is going to pay? I would like to relist it but how long would that take if I have to open up an unpaid buyer case. Probably my first and last auction. Haha

I sold an item using the auction format for the first time and now the guy hasn't paid for 2 days. My policy is 3 so he has one more but is there any way I could try and contact him to see if he even is going to pay? I would like to relist it but how long would that take if I have to open up an unpaid buyer case. Probably my first and last auction. Haha

It happens...

I always send them a friendly message that the package is ready to be send out and asking them if they pay with paypal or bank transfer. If they do not react within 48 hours I will open a case.

You are free to contact your buyer anytime after the auction is ended using the "contact buyer" link.  At the very least, it takes 8 days from end of auction for the whole NPB process, 4 days before you can open case and 4 days to close the case.  I personally do not re-list until the case is closed.

I hate auction too

If your policy is 3 days you should leave them alone until past the time you've alloted them to pay. I personally don't understand anyone one who doesn't pay immediately, especially a BIN auction.

Thanks guys. I tried just a .99 cent auction and got a nice price in the end so I hope this dude comes through.

If your policy is 3 days you should leave them alone until past the time you've alloted them to pay. I personally don't understand anyone one who doesn't pay immediately, especially a BIN auction.

They lock-in the buy and then wait for payday.  The American way, spending money you don't have, ooooor giving away money you don't have.

• Like 1