Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

What does the 'LL' stand for in QFLL? I think this message from a buyer that was Auto-Declined on an eBay Best Offer sums it up pretty well...

[i had to edit and alter a few expletives to make this post BP'r friendly, but I think you will get the idea]

"25.00 WAS More THAn Fair for a 12.99 child s toy.  YOU GREEDY FLUCKTRUCKING HOARDING PIECE OF SHIZNITT!  TAKE ROCKY AND SHOVE HIM UP YOUR OBESE BOOTY.  While inserting his truck in your booty, I hope he cuts you and that becomes infected, which develops into sepsis,  and you die a slow and painful death.  While I mention this I hope hospice rejects your insurance and charges you 1000% mark up on your pain medication.  This is not business or supply and demand, but out right gouging and highway robbery.  FLUCKTRUCK YOU LOSER, have a nice day and get hit by a semi."

Block that dude and report him to eBay. What, he thinks your obligated to sell it to him for the price he wants? If he wants it so bad he should pay what it costs. What a di**.

• Like 1

Is this fruitcake, or a legit question?

"Hey. I received Lego 41999. The box was sealed and was delivered on time, as i'm building this truck, I notice I'm missing many parts.
I called LEGO and they told me I'm missing a whole bag and because I bought this on ebay, They can't ship the parts for free unless I pay for it. Total is $61.03 and I think if you call, since you bought it from LEGO, you can get this parts for free. Can you please resolve this issue ASAP? I even have the order# 3002997793 at LEGO . My name is XXX and you can contact me at 214-xxx-xxxx. Your immediate attention will be appreciated. Thank you."

"Hey. I received Lego 41999. The box was sealed and was delivered on time, as i'm building this truck, I notice I'm missing many parts.

I called LEGO and they told me I'm missing a whole bag and because I bought this on ebay, They can't ship the parts for free unless I pay for it. Total is $61.03 and I think if you call, since you bought it from LEGO, you can get this parts for free. Can you please resolve this issue ASAP? I even have the order# 3002997793 at LEGO . My name is XXX and you can contact me at 214-xxx-xxxx. Your immediate attention will be appreciated. Thank you."

did you weigh your set before shipping? how big was the variance of the lego set vs the reference (from another site its listed as: 2943gms).

if it is very close to your set weight then it should not have been the case.

Potentially it could be legitimate as it happened to me on Arkham Asylum build I did last year.  The AA was brand new and sealed.  But, it was missing one bag! I sent an email to Lego Service.  However, they never asked me Where I bought it from.  To me, it does not matter if ebay or lego store or Target or CL.  The only confirmation they wanted, was for me to read some numbers printed on one of my manuals of Arkham Asylum to prove I actually have the set.  Once I provided the numbers on the manual, they sent me the bag.  However, If they no longer make the lego set such as 41999 being retired, then you might be out of luck as they no longer have any bags for the 41999.

Hope that helps somewhat. 

• Like 1

did you weigh your set before shipping? how big was the variance of the lego set vs the reference (from another site its listed as: 2943gms).

if it is very close to your set weight then it should not have been the case.

I did not do this, but this is good advice especially since I still have a couple of these. They were all bought at the Lego store though. I don't offer returns so was trying to figure out if this guy is just wanting to shake me out of $61.

This was the follow up when I asked which bag was missing.

"Hey. so customer service person told me I was mising a whole part 2 bag that had small bags in it. I don't know which bag number that is but she got me an order number for what I was missing which is order# 3002997793. Here are some of lists of items missing

Item #4206482 blue color, #4514553 blue color, #6010863 yellow color, #4580510 steering handle, & etc."

Potentially it could be legitimate as it happened to me on Arkham Asylum build I did last year.  The AA was brand new and sealed.  But, it was missing one bag! I sent an email to Lego Service.  However, they never asked me Where I bought it from.  To me, it does not matter if ebay or lego store or Target or CL.  The only confirmation they wanted, was for me to read some numbers printed on one of my manuals of Arkham Asylum to prove I actually have the set.  Once I provided the numbers on the manual, they sent me the bag.  However, If they no longer make the lego set such as 41999 being retired, then you might be out of luck as they no longer have any bags for the 41999.

Hope that helps somewhat. 

I recently had that happen to be with the Darkseid set.  I sent Lego and email, and let them know which bag I was missing.  They asked for the number on the back of the manual, and that was it.

I'm hoping the bag gets here soon...I'd like to build the set.

I did not do this, but this is good advice especially since I still have a couple of these. They were all bought at the Lego store though. I don't offer returns so was trying to figure out if this guy is just wanting to shake me out of $61.

This was the follow up when I asked which bag was missing.

"Hey. so customer service person told me I was mising a whole part 2 bag that had small bags in it. I don't know which bag number that is but she got me an order number for what I was missing which is order# 3002997793. Here are some of lists of items missing

Item #4206482 blue color, #4514553 blue color, #6010863 yellow color, #4580510 steering handle, & etc."

i would have to say that (missing bag) is NOT a COMMON SCENARIO (but in all fairness it has happened. so if you didn't weigh the set before there is no way of knowing it for certain whether its a legitimate claim or not. ). 

{ put yourself in the shoes, if you bought anything from ebay. whatever the listing said, if the item is missing a bag will you go to LEGO to ask for the parts or will you try to return the set? i am not sure why the customer would try to get parts from TLG. }

in addition to that, wasn't #41999 special limited edition with only 20000 produced with license number being the unique (matching the actual number). i would think that TLG should have spent more time to make sure nothing bad happened with this exclusives...

I now weigh every single set I mail out, and take a picture of the set on a scale with the buyers invoices in the same frame.  Cheap insurance for these kind of issues.  I have multiples of each set, and know the average weight.  I'd catch a missing bag from a set before it was shipped via this method.  Thanks for posting, just confirms that my efforts aren't wasted.

I'm very excited!

I know many have surpassed this but It is a big day for me.

It has taken a lot of time and work to get there but this morning I received my 1,000th feedback on eBay and I met my goal to have it be 1,000 positive feedbacks with no neutral or negatives!

Fun that it came with a glowing Mixels feedback. :)

I am sure I will not stay 100% forever but it was a goal I have been working on for a couple of years and it came true.

Have a good day!

Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment and milestone. Next stop...2000.

• Like 1

I'm very excited!

I know many have surpassed this but It is a big day for me.

It has taken a lot of time and work to get there but this morning I received my 1,000th feedback on eBay and I met my goal to have it be 1,000 positive feedbacks with no neutral or negatives!

Fun that it came with a glowing Mixels feedback. :)

I am sure I will not stay 100% forever but it was a goal I have been working on for a couple of years and it came true.

Have a good day!

Congrats!  You beat me, I'm at 965.  Of course a lot of those are from ancient times so you might get to 2k before I get to 1k heh.  And I'd be right there with you at 100% if it weren't for the Jenna and the purple stain debacle!

• Like 4

(I clearly state NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS in my listings)    

Dear Seller:

From Please send my package within the paypal payment receipt or, if the note or bill you indicate the price you pay.

This product will send me to another country and it is very necessary that buying printed note inside the package comes.

I ask this as a huge favor and I will continue shopping with you.

Please confirm, thank you very much.

Since I have previously sold sets very successfully to buyers in Norway and Australia who contacted me AHEAD of time asking if I would be willing to ship to a friend/family in the U.S. who would open and verify the package before getting it to its final destination, I investigated and found a very significant positive feedback profile and also noted that he has left a couple negative and neutral for sellers only fairly recently which may or may not have been legit.

I replied verifying he basically wanted a declaration for customs purposes, and then asked if he would have someone receive the package and check it at the shipping address (Laredo, TX).

The response:

Yes Please.

So I ask again in simpler, more direct terms.

No response.

The next morning, I am running out of handling-time-clock, and send another friendly message explaining I would just like to confirm his intentions with the reception of the package in the U.S. and my concerns which lead me to avoid international shipping at this time.

This time, a quick reply:

just send the product to the address...

(insert full name and paypal address here)

Ugh.  So at this point I google the address and see it is a courier service at Laredo airport.  Just not getting a good vibe here in any way, shape, or form. So I talk to eBay customer service and get "pre-approval" of sorts to cancel the transaction, then send a kind message to the buyer citing difficulty in communication, my "no international bidders" policy, and apologizing that we were unable to finalize the transaction.

Right away:

YOU GOING? just send the product to this address.

(insert full name and paypal address again)

This time I do not reply, and several hours later:

idiot

Of course I have to spend a half hour on the phone with eBay CS again to get a defect removed from my account when the time comes because this clown is not going to agree to cancel the sale or confirm the refund.

Meanwhile, I urgently urged them once again to fix the "I haven't received my item" option for buyers and was assured, once again, that they understand many sellers are frustrated with the system and my concern would be "sent up".

Pretty soon I will know everyone there by name AND voice.

Edited by Grynn

(I clearly state NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS in my listings)    

Dear Seller:

From Please send my package within the paypal payment receipt or, if the note or bill you indicate the price you pay.

This product will send me to another country and it is very necessary that buying printed note inside the package comes.

I ask this as a huge favor and I will continue shopping with you.

Please confirm, thank you very much.

Since I have previously sold sets very successfully to buyers in Norway and Australia who contacted me AHEAD of time asking if I would be willing to ship to a friend/family in the U.S. who would open and verify the package before getting it to its final destination, I investigated and found a very significant positive feedback profile and also noted that he has left a couple negative and neutral for sellers only fairly recently which may or may not have been legit.

I replied verifying he basically wanted a declaration for customs purposes, and then asked if he would have someone receive the package and check it at the shipping address (Laredo, TX).

The response:

Yes Please.

So I ask again in simpler, more direct terms.

No response.

The next morning, I am running out of handling-time-clock, and send another friendly message explaining I would just like to confirm his intentions with the reception of the package in the U.S. and my concerns which lead me to avoid international shipping at this time.

This time, a quick reply:

just send the product to the address...

(insert full name and paypal address here)

Ugh.  So at this point I google the address and see it is a courier service at Laredo airport.  Just not getting a good vibe here in any way, shape, or form. So I talk to eBay customer service and get "pre-approval" of sorts to cancel the transaction, then send a kind message to the buyer citing difficulty in communication, my "no international bidders" policy, and apologizing that we were unable to finalize the transaction.

Right away:

YOU GOING? just send the product to this address.

(insert full name and paypal address again)

This time I do not reply, and several hours later:

idiot

Of course I have to spend a half hour on the phone with eBay CS again to get a defect removed from my account when the time comes because this clown is not going to agree to cancel the sale or confirm the refund.

Meanwhile, I urgently urged them once again to fix the "I haven't received my item" option for buyers and was assured, once again, that they understand many sellers are frustrated with the system and my concern would be "sent up".

Pretty soon I will know everyone there by name AND voice.

I have sold to that guy before. He asked for the same stuff from me. I took to communicating with him in spanish because english wasn't working, lol. Transaction went through just fine. It also annoys me that "no international buyers" just means no SHIPPING address outside US. They can still be international buyers. You used to be able to block those people but not any more.

I've sold many many items to international buyers this way. In my listings with no international buyers, they end up purchasing them with a shipping address in FL which is a courrier forwarding service/international shipping company. I've honestly never had any issues with them. I never even communicate with them. eBay always says as long as that is the confirmed PayPal address they are using and the "company" accepts and signs for the package I'm covered. The buyer is screwed if he tries to file a refund/return case from outside the USA.

Oddly enough, most of my best return customers come from this. After several transactions with a good experience they end up contacting me on the side and start buying directly from me, and I end up with a mass purchaser I can sell a lot of inventory to. Just my opinion... but most of the time it's not fishy, they're just trying to avoid eBay's high import fees and get better international shipping rates through third party companies (whom assume responsibility for the package once it's delivered to them).

• Like 1

Cool, good to know. mscheaf... but since I don't speak spanish and he doesn't speak respect, we are done!

And yeah... I was open to going through with it obviously, but if someone won't communicate properly, I don't need to do business with them.

Edited by Grynn
  • Like 2

I have sold to that guy before. He asked for the same stuff from me. I took to communicating with him in spanish because english wasn't working, lol. Transaction went through just fine. It also annoys me that "no international buyers" just means no SHIPPING address outside US. They can still be international buyers. You used to be able to block those people but not any more.

I think that you can still restrict it to US accounts as there have been a few items this year that I have tried to buy (with a US address) that I am prevented from bidding/buying.

I've sold many many items to international buyers this way. In my listings with no international buyers, they end up purchasing them with a shipping address in FL which is a courrier forwarding service/international shipping company. I've honestly never had any issues with them. I never even communicate with them. eBay always says as long as that is the confirmed PayPal address they are using and the "company" accepts and signs for the package I'm covered. The buyer is screwed if he tries to file a refund/return case from outside the USA.

How are they screwed? They can still pretty much force a return. I suppose that you can send the return label to the local address, and tell them tough - but what kind of feedback would you expect to get from doing that?

I think that you can still restrict it to US accounts as there have been a few items this year that I have tried to buy (with a US address) that I am prevented from bidding/buying.

You can restrict on Paypal side, there should be a check box for accepting international payments

You can restrict on Paypal side, there should be a check box for accepting international payments

I think they removed that option though. Sometime in the last year. I couldn't figure it out and when I googled it I either found old stuff telling you to set the option you speak of or I found new stuff from forums with people complaining the option was gone and only allows you to restrict shipping address now