Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

I got a great message on eBay this morning.  I'm selling a polybag that hasn't been generally available, but is something that I purchased at Legoland.  The sender wants to know where I bought it, asking, "can you tell me where you found this item? I have some concerns about its validity as it is unreleased."

Umm...no.  I'm not telling you my source.  And yes, it is valid.  I'm not answering this guy.

I had a very similar question a week ago. Person asked me about the date I purchased the LEGO set for and where I bought it. Call me paranoid but it's almost like some LEGO employee trying to cross reference an eBay account with a shop LEGO account. I ignored them.

I had a very similar question a week ago. Person asked me about the date I purchased the LEGO set for and where I bought it. Call me paranoid but it's almost like some LEGO employee trying to cross reference an eBay account with a shop LEGO account. I ignored them.

Same thing last month. From Houston by chance?

That little paranoid part of me thought that, too.

My guess is the buyer is just more paranoid and doesn't want to get anywhere near anything that fell off a truck... or perhaps has connections in your city and wants inside info on where to grab stuff for themselves.

I suppose something rare and "unreleased" gives us pause. But I suspect reason number two - they want an inside track to getting some and undercutting me. Lol

I suppose something rare and "unreleased" gives us pause. But I suspect reason number two - they want an inside track to getting some and undercutting me. Lol

I just state brick and mortar stores generally release the items before .com.  Its true, vague and gives them an answer.

they are usually trying to figure out how to get them for themselves.

Most of these poly's are made way in advance if you look at the codes so they could of been released in other countries for that matter first.  Joker Bumper cars had fall 2014 codes on them.  

• Like 1

just an update for the guys I sent PMs to about the ebay scammer, I got back my Slave 1 set from the thief, and sure enough both bag 1s had 3 pieces of tape over them that never had it before and all the pieces fell out all over the floor.  I was so pissed I left it in that position.  Ill post pictures as soon as possible.  I feel terrible that I now have to contact the post office and try to get an insurance claim for 50$ (since I didnt insure it for the full 93$)

basically why it took so long is he waited a week after receiving the item, then when he requested the refund he took LONGER than the allotted time to return the item.  I have no idea why Ebay allowed this as I thought I was going to get my money back twice... basically he had a week to ship the item back on MY dime and he waited until the last minute to print out the shipping label which ebay THEN AGAIN allowed him 10 days to ship the item back (which he took ALL of those days to ship it back to).  so basically ebay gave him 17 days to return the item.  My fear is now that he filed the insurance claim and took the money before I will have a chance to do so as I told him it was no big deal and I will file an insurace claim over the missing items.  Ebay is a joke and seriously guys be very careful.

Edited by vexxet

thanks man.  the funny part is I knew i wasnt going to make any money on this sale seeing as the USC slave 1 is out.  so I really didnt expect much.  Totally hilarious that this happened.

don't worry about it.  What goes around comes around.  I periodically check back on the really d-baggish (yes this is really a word) people I've dealth with that scammed me and most of them wind of NARU'd so it will get back to them.

Is this about the guy that claims he's heartless?

yes.

p.s. Thanks Newbie and Raven.  Im going to the post office tomorrow to discuss the insurance claim hope everything goes smooth.  ill probably wind up giving it to my niece.  shes my favorite and always loves to inventory with me.

Edited by vexxet
  • Like 1

What does the 'LL' stand for in QFLL? I think this message from a buyer that was Auto-Declined on an eBay Best Offer sums it up pretty well...

[i had to edit and alter a few expletives to make this post BP'r friendly, but I think you will get the idea]

"25.00 WAS More THAn Fair for a 12.99 child s toy.  YOU GREEDY FLUCKTRUCKING HOARDING PIECE OF SHIZNITT!  TAKE ROCKY AND SHOVE HIM UP YOUR OBESE BOOTY.  While inserting his truck in your booty, I hope he cuts you and that becomes infected, which develops into sepsis,  and you die a slow and painful death.  While I mention this I hope hospice rejects your insurance and charges you 1000% mark up on your pain medication.  This is not business or supply and demand, but out right gouging and highway robbery.  FLUCKTRUCK YOU LOSER, have a nice day and get hit by a semi."

• Like 4

What does the 'LL' stand for in QFLL? I think this message from a buyer that was Auto-Declined on an eBay Best Offer sums it up pretty well...

[i had to edit and alter a few expletives to make this post BP'r friendly, but I think you will get the idea]

"25.00 WAS More THAn Fair for a 12.99 child s toy.  YOU GREEDY FLUCKTRUCKING HOARDING PIECE OF SHIZNITT!  TAKE ROCKY AND SHOVE HIM UP YOUR OBESE BOOTY.  While inserting his truck in your booty, I hope he cuts you and that becomes infected, which develops into sepsis,  and you die a slow and painful death.  While I mention this I hope hospice rejects your insurance and charges you 1000% mark up on your pain medication.  This is not business or supply and demand, but out right gouging and highway robbery.  FLUCKTRUCK YOU LOSER, have a nice day and get hit by a semi."

Wow! The LL stands for low life and that person thinks that you are a QFLL.

Parent of the year!

• Like 5

What does the 'LL' stand for in QFLL? I think this message from a buyer that was Auto-Declined on an eBay Best Offer sums it up pretty well...

[i had to edit and alter a few expletives to make this post BP'r friendly, but I think you will get the idea]

"25.00 WAS More THAn Fair for a 12.99 child s toy. YOU GREEDY FLUCKTRUCKING HOARDING PIECE OF SHIZNITT! TAKE ROCKY AND SHOVE HIM UP YOUR OBESE BOOTY. While inserting his truck in your booty, I hope he cuts you and that becomes infected, which develops into sepsis, and you die a slow and painful death. While I mention this I hope hospice rejects your insurance and charges you 1000% mark up on your pain medication. This is not business or supply and demand, but out right gouging and highway robbery. FLUCKTRUCK YOU LOSER, have a nice day and get hit by a semi."

Holy crap lmao