Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Just had to share a question I got from a potential bidder.  This is for Santa's Workshop.

"Would you be willing to sell this for $69.99?  That's what the price is on Lego.com."

Yes, I know how much it is and it's also unavailable.  Do they bidders think we are dummies?

This has happened or will happen to every single ebayer offering the best offer option.
  • Like 1

Just had to share a question I got from a potential bidder.  This is for Santa's Workshop.

"Would you be willing to sell this for $69.99?  That's what the price is on Lego.com."

Yes, I know how much it is and it's also unavailable.  Do they bidders think we are dummies?

At least you got an MSRP offer.  I got an email offer of $100 for a tumbler.

• Like 3

On a sort of related note. I am in the middle of a large dollar scam on Ebay. I purchased a Cafe Corner (sealed), Tower Bridge (sealed), Town Hall (open box but sealed bags) and a Cinema Theater (open box but sealed bags) for $1600.00.

Seller had a perfect sales record (around about 600 transactions). I could tell by looking at their history that they dealed primarily in the buying and selling of Lego. I asked a few quesitons and they communicated well.

I got a tracking # a couple days later, tracked my package across the country and ended up with a envelope with a skeleton minifig. And not even a real lego fig. Some kind of knockoff. It was if they were flipping me the bird. No letter or note. Just a tracked envelope. So Ebay thinks I got my package.

I sent the seller a quick email (through ebay's email system) asking if this was some kind of joke and for them to provide me with my tracked package number. Well, as you can imagine they cut off all communication. This may actually work to my benefit. A couple days later after not hearing from the buyer at all I opened up a case with Ebay. Ebay informed me that I would be insured through them if they deterimne it's a scam for the full amount of my purchase but I would have to wait a week after opening up the case for Ebay to step in and do anything about it. So I waited a week. No communicaiton from the seller so I escelated the case with Ebay on Wed. Ebay said it would take 48 hours to get an answer and I have not heard from them yet. Granted it is a holiday weekend and maybe  it takes 48 hours of business days. So fingers crossed.

I know that this inject is a little out of order, but I saw one of you commented about getting a bunch of orders from Russia (The Russian Federation) from different brand new Ebay accounts and all going to the same address.

About two months ago I received 4-5 orders all from different brand new Ebay accounts all going to the same address in the Russian Federation.  I can look up the address if anyone is interested.  And all of the orders were for the same thing, the Lego Train kit "Lego 7936 Level Crossing."  I had them for about $150-170 each and my last four went in a few days to Russia.

I was worried that it was a scam, but everything went through and I still have my money.  Very odd.

Have any other sellers seen this kind of activity?

-Rob

Robstoysandcollectables

I had a best offer of $15 for a 21113 (The Cave) this morning... they're going for close to $40 and MSRP is $19.99. Low balling buyers on eBay are not my charity of choice.

• Like 2

On a sort of related note. I am in the middle of a large dollar scam on Ebay. I purchased a Cafe Corner (sealed), Tower Bridge (sealed), Town Hall (open box but sealed bags) and a Cinema Theater (open box but sealed bags) for $1600.00.

Seller had a perfect sales record (around about 600 transactions). I could tell by looking at their history that they dealed primarily in the buying and selling of Lego. I asked a few quesitons and they communicated well.

I got a tracking # a couple days later, tracked my package across the country and ended up with a envelope with a skeleton minifig. And not even a real lego fig. Some kind of knockoff. It was if they were flipping me the bird. No letter or note. Just a tracked envelope. So Ebay thinks I got my package.

I sent the seller a quick email (through ebay's email system) asking if this was some kind of joke and for them to provide me with my tracked package number. Well, as you can imagine they cut off all communication. This may actually work to my benefit. A couple days later after not hearing from the buyer at all I opened up a case with Ebay. Ebay informed me that I would be insured through them if they deterimne it's a scam for the full amount of my purchase but I would have to wait a week after opening up the case for Ebay to step in and do anything about it. So I waited a week. No communicaiton from the seller so I escelated the case with Ebay on Wed. Ebay said it would take 48 hours to get an answer and I have not heard from them yet. Granted it is a holiday weekend and maybe it takes 48 hours of business days. So fingers crossed.

And this is why we need a thread to post names. I don't get why we can't. We can post all we want about stores. We should look out for each other on both ends buying and selling. This sucks for you man. Keep us posted.
  • Like 2

And this is why we need a thread to post names. I don't get why we can't. We can post all we want about stores. We should look out for each other on both ends buying and selling. This sucks for you man. Keep us posted.

Perhaps we could join a PM group? At least to protect ourselves. Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

Crazy time of year!  So weird when a big reseller like Toywiz.com buys out your whole stock of something in an instant.  They're either drop shipping or beefing up their inventory.

Great work, I think your margins and sales are most likely better as you are of a Lego Master Seller Ninja, but I've got 26 shipments to process tonight for Friday through Sunday.  At first having 20 or 30 sales in a load to the post office was fun, now I'm starting to feel the burden part of it.  Its all good.  That's at least what I keep telling myself. :)

• Like 2

Crazy time of year!  So weird when a big reseller like Toywiz.com buys out your whole stock of something in an instant.  They're either drop shipping or beefing up their inventory.

Just noticed the same thing after reading this post.  Most likely oversold and filling orders.  Not that I care but thought it was weird after you said something. 

• Like 2

Just noticed the same thing after reading this post.  Most likely oversold and filling orders.  Not that I care but thought it was weird after you said something. 

Years ago when I worked retail, we would buy products from a competitor and sell them at a loss just to have them "on the shelf." Granted, no shelves here, but maybe the same thing? Either way, a sale is a sale.

• Like 1

Years ago when I worked retail, we would buy products from a competitor and sell them at a loss just to have them "on the shelf." Granted, no shelves here, but maybe the same thing? Either way, a sale is a sale.

Yeah exactly, I've had to fill a few orders over the years from other sellers.    Like you say a sales a sale.