Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Currently dealing with an eBay buyer who I sold a non-LEGO item to last week and showed Delivered to last week.  Apparently, he came back from being away, saw that the tracking showed Delivered, but didn't have his item, so he immediately opened an Item not received case.  I politely replied that the tracking had a message saying there was a note left, and asked if he could double-check to look for it and I would follow up with USPS on my end.  Sure enough, his post office had the item and he closed the case.  5 hours later, he messaged me again, with "Item not as described" and told me I sent him the wrong item.  But what was amazing is the item he said I sent instead was something first produced half a year after I stopped collecting them :negative:

Anyone ever deal with buyers using 'Item Not as Described' as the reason to return an item just so the seller has to pay return shipping? I have a buyer who claims the item was not as described, even though it was, and has initiated a return claiming so in order to avoid paying the returns S&****. They rec'd the correct item, but ordered the wrong item. I contacted eBay and they said to allow the return and to open up a dispute against the buyer after the items are returned. Has anyone had any success with this approach with buyers who initiate a return under false claims?

My advice would be to pad all of your ebay item prices with a percentage for theft and fraud. This is the only way to insure against bogus SNAD claims.

You will have to accept the return or your buyer will get a refund from you (forced by ebay) and be able to keep the item. 

You can use the report the buyer link but ultimately this does nothing to help you out. Make sure to add the buyer to your blocked buyer list. Make a mental note of the buyers name and address in case they open a new buyer account to get around your block in the future.

I am hoping brick classifieds will allow sellers to leave appropriate feedback for buyers. Once it is open for business use them rather than ebay. A vibrant and fair marketplace for lego sets is long overdue.

I don't have any issue accepting the return, it is what the rep instructed me to do. What I want to know is if anyone has been able to recover the cost of the return shipping label in a case like this? I never run into any resistance recovering FVF's for various reasons when I call in, and the way the rep sounded on the phone, it seems like there won't be any issues with eBay refunding the return label fee, but they just can't make any promises until the items are actually returned.

OK this is a first for me.... I have buyer who have purchased 9 of the same item from me. However they are all going to differnt addressees. He asks that no invoice be included.

I'm assuming gifts.

Has thousands of feedback.

Any chance of a scam?

Congrats, you are part of his drop ship operation :)  Drop shipping is NOT illegal as long as there is no fraudulent cc / Paypal charges involved

• Like 2

OK this is a first for me.... I have buyer who have purchased 9 of the same item from me. However they are all going to differnt addressees. He asks that no invoice be included.

I'm assuming gifts.

Has thousands of feedback.

Any chance of a scam?

Sounds like they are using you as a drop ship fulfillment center.

Congrats, you are part of his drop ship operation :) Drop shipping is NOT illegal as long as there is no fraudulent cc / Paypal charges involved

Sounds like they are using you as a drop ship fulfillment center.

Is drop shipping when one sells an item they don't have but buys from someone else and ships it the buyers address instead of their own?

Oh ok I'll have to read up on that. When you say the front page of BP, is its own thread/blog post?

You will see a few articles on front page. Just navigate through **** them. Might be an easier way to search but not near computer so I csnt direct you accurately now. Maybe another member can send you link if u and find. Pm tomorrow if you still can't find it and I'll find it for you.
  • Like 1