Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Can someone please enlighten me as to why someone would buy one of my items with a best offer option at full asking price without even making an offer??

I must admit I have done this a few times.  1) I hate waiting up to 2 days for the buyer to maybe accept maybe not, especially if it is already a very good price and worried someone might give a better offer of buy it now

2) Sometimes it is because the ebay bucks deal is in play and worried the buyer will take too long to accept and I won't get the 10% back

3) Makes me feel like a real man

• Like 2

I must admit I have done this a few times.  1) I hate waiting up to 2 days for the buyer to maybe accept maybe not, especially if it is already a very good price and worried someone might give a better offer of buy it now

2) Sometimes it is because the ebay bucks deal is in play and worried the buyer will take too long to accept and I won't get the 10% back

3) Makes me feel like a real man

#3 made me lol and wake up the wife....got kicked to the couch. Thanks a lot!
  • Like 3

I prefer the ones that offer more than the BIN price. I've had that happen twice in the last six months.

I clearly state that i ship international through ebay and i've had people offer more to ship directly to them, and I turn them down everytime, not worth all the scamming and hassles that ebay handles when you ship through ebay

Guest TabbyBoy

Some eBay buyers have the cerebrum of an amoeba as I used to get a high proportion of BIN buyers who never made an offer even though they had the chance to.  In some cases, my auto-accept was 25% lower or more.  A foolish single-celled organism and their money are soon parted.  One woman even paid twice for something (cheque & PayPal) as payment was pending for a while and she couldn't wait.  I contacted her and no reply so I was paid

I clearly state that i ship international through ebay and i've had people offer more to ship directly to them, and I turn them down everytime, not worth all the scamming and hassles that ebay handles when you ship through ebay

Might not necessarily be scamming, more likely just trying to avoid the exorbitant costs of the GSP rip-off, Canada Customs rarely charges anything so why would anyone want to pay all that cash up front? 

I fully support the GSP - but I would never use it :)

True, It's a great program indeed if you are on that side, if it worked from Canada outwards I'd definitely use it myself as well. but it's a skunk if you really want to import things from the US.  here one has to use third party software just to filter out search results that include GSP listings. 

Ebay is offering free auction or BIN listings, up to 500 listings, 10 days or less, from yesterday until Nov 26.

More in line with the topic - I recently had someone offer me $24 for an lot of non-LEGO items I have listed for $200, which is already a discounted price.  I like to use those types of offers as a reminder to set my auto-decline settings.