Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

That is very interesting! I am afraid my reputation as being somewhat knowledgeable about eBay is going to suffer as time goes on - eBay is definitely taking a back seat in our future business plans and I won't have the time or need to stay cutting edge.

This new option is good news, though, if it allows for keeping your search placement.

Its almost impossible to keep up with everything nowadays.  They change stuff daily and you can have different views and options just on different accounts.  One account will look totally different from another.  Makes consistency a little hard.  

• Like 1

Some help please...

I received this message today:

Hello, this item was already paid directly through paypal. Money is available, please ship and upload tracking number. I contacted ebay to confirm. Thanks

Via eBay's messesaging system. No, the item was not already paid directly through paypal--at least not to me. The buyer must have contacted eBay, because the $14.50 owed no longer shows in the "Not Received" slot on my selling page. Feel as though I'm being scammed, but it's a small potatoes scam...

Advice?

Some help please...

Hello, this item was already paid directly through paypal. Money is available, please ship and upload tracking number. I contacted ebay to confirm. Thanks

Via eBay's messesaging system. No, the item was not already paid directly through paypal--at least not to me. The buyer must have contacted eBay, because the $14.50 owed no longer shows in the "Not Received" slot on my selling page. Feel as though I'm being scammed, but it's a small potatoes scam...

Advice?

You can tell the buyer you show no record of the PayPal payment, and ask for the transaction i.d. from PayPal, which he can look up on his account. You can then call PayPal with that transaction i.d. and ask them to check to see if there is something wrong with the payment, why it hasn't come through, etc.

Sometimes there's simply a delay in PayPal where it won't show the payment right away, but eBay knows it's been paid so it's no longer "awaiting payment" there, and that could be the case here.

Be careful with what you listen to from the minions at eBay customer service. I sold a 75021 gunship for $300 (wanted to orserve the listing so I jacked the price up) it sold, got an email via PayPal that there was a charge back due to fraud. I called eBay to see what was up and the first rep told me to ship the item and they would release my funds after it was confirmed received by the buyer. I was baffled they suggested that seeing how the email clearly stated fraud. To the op, check you PayPal account for the payment. Sometime echecks show paid in eBay but you have to wait for them to clear in PayPal. If a hold then call them and verify its being held or what. I wouldn't ship unless you have a cleared payment.

• Like 2

Thanks for the responses/help... I called eBay. No record of a payment so I opened an "unpaid item case." I'm sitting at a feedback score of 1100+ and never opened a case before. I guess it's about time, but these things make me nervous.

It's only a $15 Mixel. Damn Mixels.

U sold '' a'' mixed for 15?!? Which one?

Some help please...

Advice?

It is a scam, they marked it manually as "payment sent" from there end and then send that email hoping you won't notice and ship.  Had 2 of them a few months ago.  The one guy would only respond "I sent payment and Ebay and Paypal confirmed" for his response everytime.   

I saw his feedback and about 10 sellers had left positives stating they did that to them as well.  

Just a pain but like you did file the non pay and move on.  

Kind of like the old days when paypal started where people would cut and past the "you've received a payment" before there were all the tools you had today.  You had to print all your payments and manually check them off in paypal to see if they were real or not.  That was always fun.

Just got done with dealing with a fruitcake who did not respond to my messages after winning a bid, until I opened a case against him. His reason? He's right in the middle of moving and still trying to figure out where to ship it to. He asked to cancel the transaction considering how rude I was for opening a case against him. Pfft.

Just got done with dealing with a fruitcake who did not respond to my messages after winning a bid, until I opened a case against him. His reason? He's right in the middle of moving and still trying to figure out where to ship it to. He asked to cancel the transaction considering how rude I was for opening a case against him. Pfft.

And he just left me a negative feedback

ef51fdc3c9500345b4b5ecc3a31c7fa6b2b319f9

• Like 1

Can someone please enlighten me as to why someone would buy one of my items with a best offer option at full asking price without even making an offer??

Happened to me twice this week. Multiple quantity panic that it won't be there as they await response.... People's really dumb.... People are impatient.... Or lack of even knowing what or how to utilize it.