Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Anytime someone calls something a "figurine", especially a minifigure, I want to put an icepick in my temple.

I flipped a bunch of Hummels I got at a yard sale and described each and every one of them as a "figurine". I also routinely refer to mini figures as "figurines" when negotiating the purchase or sale price of a bulk lot.

Edited by Migration

Think we need to setup an eBay sucks thread.

I posted this originally in daily deals... but think it deserves it's own thread.

Long story short, I ordered two of the TRU giftcards from my one and only ebay account on 10/22.

Got the ban hammer from ebay.  Call customer service and they said they would file a petition to correct and get back to me within 72hrs.

Way past 72hrs and guess what?  No response, called back and got a CS supervisor...  claimed my account is linked to someone else who purchased gc.  I was in violation of their rules.   They have "strong proof"

Crap, I work at a large corporation... what do they think we each have individual IPs?   

I am so pissed off... they even canceled the order for the TRU gc, though of course havent returned my money.

I can't wait to see Brick Classifieds up and running... too bad it's just Lego.

Really need competition vs Ebay.  Unfortunately craigslist isnt it.

Sorry for my rant.   From other sites, seems like ebay likes banning / restricting accounts.  

I've heard of 3 other people falsely accused by ebay of violating their policy on this TRU deal.

Think we need to setup an eBay sucks thread.

I posted this originally in daily deals... but think it deserves it's own thread.

Long story short, I ordered two of the TRU giftcards from my one and only ebay account on 10/22.

Got the ban hammer from ebay.  Call customer service and they said they would file a petition to correct and get back to me within 72hrs.

Way past 72hrs and guess what?  No response, called back and got a CS supervisor...  claimed my account is linked to someone else who purchased gc.  I was in violation of their rules.   They have "strong proof"

Crap, I work at a large corporation... what do they think we each have individual IPs?   

I am so pissed off... they even canceled the order for the TRU gc, though of course havent returned my money.

I can't wait to see Brick Classifieds up and running... too bad it's just Lego.

Really need competition vs Ebay.  Unfortunately craigslist isnt it.

Sorry for my rant.   From other sites, seems like ebay likes banning / restricting accounts.  

I've heard of 3 other people falsely accused by ebay of violating their policy on this TRU deal.

post your ebay problems here.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/4758-are-the-fruitcakes-running-rampant-on-ebay-lately-something-in-the-water/?hl=fruit

• 2 weeks later...

So I am selling off some polybags, got into a bit of a price war with someone doing the same. Don't need a ton of profit, and I'm paying my kids to package/ship.....however.... my competition has been at "last one" for like three days, and sold his "last one" three times in the last hour

I don't get the trick, what am I missing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

EBay also just released an option to "retain 0" listings. So you can let it go to zero and change it back to 1 multiple times. If that's your game.

That is very interesting! I am afraid my reputation as being somewhat knowledgeable about eBay is going to suffer as time goes on - eBay is definitely taking a back seat in our future business plans and I won't have the time or need to stay cutting edge.

This new option is good news, though, if it allows for keeping your search placement.