Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

20 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

I still have 10+ boxes to prove my inventory. Does this count?

BUENA PARK, CA 

I checked the address and the house is over a million which pass my over $500 purchase requirement (j/king)

I'm assuming these were FBM?  If they were checked in via FBA and verified via UPC, could they still be claimed as unauthentic?

even for sol prop either you are doing business as yourself or have LLC or your have fictitious name (DBA) for which its better that you have separate account. 
[ if you have been mixing your personal stuff with business then its going to be really hard. but depends on what happens. regardless its always better to keep it completely separate so that when times come you don't open multiple doors for people who are putting your activities under microscope ]

If you have a sole proprietor LLC and a local business license to sell from your home you should be fine. It's not a legal requirement to have a "business" account. IRS, state and local government will never ask for your bank info. They just want their check to clear. Many banks these days require ridiculous minimum balances and stuff for business accounts. That bank wants you to switch to a business account for their benefit, not yours. Like offer you a business credit card and business loans. So generous of them to find new ways to sell you money.

The one exception though is liability, and now maybe personal security. If you have an S corp or some other INC, which you shouldn't have another type of inc, you would put your personal assets at liability. If somehow someone sues your company, they could get at your personal stuff too if they are intermingled.

With identity theft an issue these days, you may want to consider having two separate accounts. Don't keep all your eggs in one basket. But if you're not able to keep the minimum $10k daily balance many banks require to have a business account. You shouldn't have to worry to much.

Prudence vs pragmatism.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Scammers/competitors know that 99% of sellers can't provide Lego invoices 

in my situation, does amazon require buyer return the item and get the refund or they "investigate" and take the money out of my account and close the case?

either way, i think i need to write off my ISD in 2017 tax filing .....  

3 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

in my situation, does amazon require buyer return the item and get the refund or they "investigate" and take the money out of my account and close the case?

either way, i think i need to write off my ISD in 2017 tax filing .....  

U need to send them a prepaid return label asap ( guessing it is fbm ) . U refund in full upon receipt . Don't wait for customer to reply . U will lose the claim, money and the product 

20 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

these kind of shenanigans are usually launched by your competitors. and that city does have few lego sellers. 

disclaimer: its not where i am. but i have had problem from that area as well. it stopped once i made purchases from the seller [in eBay] from the same area. [ i believe they realized that i know who they are and they decided to stop their crap for the time being.] 

Awesome. So these aholes have figured out a way to restock their inventory and hurt their competition at the same time? This kind of BS turns my stomach. I live 30 miles from Buena Park. PM me the address. The next time I'm on my way to Disneyland, I may pay these losers a visit.

11 minutes ago, donbee said:

If you have a sole proprietor LLC and a local business license to sell from your home you should be fine. It's not a legal requirement to have a "business" account. IRS, state and local government will never ask for your bank info. They just want their check to clear. Many banks these days require ridiculous minimum balances and stuff for business accounts. That bank wants you to switch to a business account for their benefit, not yours. Like offer you a business credit card and business loans. So generous of them to find new ways to sell you money.

The one exception though is liability, and now maybe personal security. If you have an S corp or some other INC, which you shouldn't have another type of inc, you would put your personal assets at liability. If somehow someone sues your company, they could get at your personal stuff too if they are intermingled.

With identity theft an issue these days, you may want to consider having two separate accounts. Don't keep all your eggs in one basket. But if you're not able to keep the minimum $10k daily balance many banks require to have a business account. You shouldn't have to worry to much.

Prudence vs pragmatism.

not sure where you are coming from and basing facts off of.

a. when IRS looks at your business. they want to look at your income and expense. they want to look at your bank statement. that's the only way you can prove you paid for the items that you are saying you paid.

[ their belief is if you can't prove you paid for an item then someone else paid for it. its kind of ridiculous way of saying things but you can't counter that. 

its not me saying thing. talk to any of your Accountants or people who have dealt with IRS they will validate what i am saying. ]

now if you are not keeping your personal and business account separate then when you try to prove your business side then you open up doors for them to look at other sides. so be careful sometimes its worth to pay that $5 or $10/month they charge for business account. 

again, consult your accountant or attorney to determine what is best for your circumstance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pete411 said:

Awesome. So these aholes have figured out a way to restock their inventory and hurt their competition at the same time? This kind of BS turns my stomach. I live 30 miles from Buena Park. PM me the address. The next time I'm on my way to Disneyland, I may pay these losers a visit.

PM sent.

I wish we have a list of address to avoid 

10 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

U need to send them a prepaid return label asap ( guessing it is fbm ) . U refund in full upon receipt . Don't wait for customer to reply . U will lose the claim, money and the product 

is there anyway to attached a pdf label? I do not see anywhere in the contact buyer section.

nvm, found it

Edited by LegoEdison
  • Like 1

So in the best case scenario you get a voldemort ISD back .....

Is this the usual cost of doing business on Amazon? Eat it and live off the 99% of sales that don't involve scammers? Or are these policies and practices slowly removing all the non-authorized sellers from Amazon, leaving only the fully authorized ones standing (and they cannot list stock that is older than 6 months)?

13 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

no request. filed A-Z directly

B-A your input?

a. send return label via messaging.

b. represent yourself in bullets short and concise.

i. return prepaid label sent via messaging even though return request hasn't been placed.

i am not sure how seller-performance looks at it. once again your history as a seller matters most in these cases.

i try to be fair and give benefit of doubt and try to help buyers but i don't bend over backwards for crap. it has become more about "principle" A-Z has become more of a part of selling life than dreaded stuff from the past. had 42 A-Z in 2016. :) but still alive and kicking. 

3 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

B-A your input?

a. send return label via messaging. Checked

b. represent yourself in bullets short and concise. Checked

i. return prepaid label sent via messaging even though return request hasn't been placed. Checked

i am not sure how seller-performance looks at it. once again your history as a seller matters most in these cases.

i try to be fair and give benefit of doubt and try to help buyers but i don't bend over backwards for crap. it has become more about "principle" A-Z has become more of a part of selling life than dreaded stuff from the past. had 42 A-Z in 2016. :) but still alive and kicking. 

I did what i can do at this point. thank you everyone for the recommendation.

At the end of the day, i lost about $200 from my 3x ROI set (buy in $90, thanks Brickpicker) 

Guest TabbyBoy
On 23/07/2013 at 2:03 AM, stephen_rockefeller said:

I have been looking for a place to post this lately and looks like I can do it here...........It absolutely makes my blood boil when someone doesn't leave feedback. I would have at least 50 more feedbacks if everyone left feedback like they were supposed to do. In my mind its part of the purchase agreement!! DAMN YOU LAZY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

One I hit 100 feedbacks, I no longer worried about it and would NEVER ask for it in case the buyer "finds" a problem. If you always provide good service, the feedback will come.

7 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

One I hit 100 feedbacks, I no longer worried about it and would NEVER ask for it in case the buyer "finds" a problem. If you always provide good service, the feedback will come.

And the award for "Bringing posts back from the dead" goes to ....... drumroll ..... TabbyBoy!

• Like 2

Here's a message I got overnight about an auction ending today (already ended. For $12.50). Non-lego item. This person won the auction.

"please cancel bid I can't because cheap phone, low income in bank can't pay lease cancel"

To which I replied - we cannot cancel bids. You need to do this through eBay, you can search for "how to cancel a bid" and go from there.

I'm not going to cancel on my own. I've noticed in the past when you the seller cancel the item before the buyer requests a formal cancel item form, it can affect your ratings.

16 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

A-Z update: Waiting for seller to refund buyer (Friday, January 13, 2017)

i did not get any email about my case is rejected etc. I go to the claim status and see there is a new update. Should i contact Amazon about it or just want until Amazon send me email about my case?

what that means is they determined that you are on the hook to refund. but have accepted your representation that you are going to refund once you get the item back.

a. depending on the adjuster: i believe you have/are going to wait for the item back.

b. if you provide the return tracking number on your representation and if it went through return authorization you are on the hook for refund until you get the item back. case will stay in that state until you get the item back. 

as soon as they see that item reached you they will send you reminder something like.

===========================================
The buyer of order XXXXXXXXX confirms they returned the merchandise to you for a refund and you have confirmed receipt of the return.

Within 3 business days, please issue a refund through your selling account and respond to confirm the refund.

If you do not refund and respond in 3 business days, your account will be debited for the full order amount. The return of merchandise is covered by the A-to-Z Guarantee.

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

what that means is they determined that you are on the hook to refund.

a. depending on the adjuster: i believe you have/are going to wait for the item back.

b. if you provide the return tracking number on your representation and if it went through return authorization you are on the hook for refund until you get the item back. case will stay in that state until you get the item back. 

as soon as they see that item reached you they will send you reminder something like.

The buyer of order XXXXXXXXX confirms they returned the merchandise to you for a refund and you have confirmed receipt of the return.

Within 3 business days, please issue a refund through your selling account and respond to confirm the refund.

If you do not refund and respond in 3 business days, your account will be debited for the full order amount. The return of merchandise is covered by the A-to-Z Guarantee.

No one from Amazon / Buyer is telling me i am waiting for the item back. I won't even know there is a update if i do not log in to see the case status.

There is no update before i send the buyer the return label (per BA recommendation) about 1 hour ago. Now  the status showing it was updated at 6:43am  this morning ??????

PS: there is nothing in the "action required"  tab

Edited by LegoEdison

3 minutes ago, LegoEdison said:

No one from Amazon / Buyer is telling me i am waiting for the item back. I won't even know there is a update if i do not log in to see the case status.

There is no update before i send the buyer the return label (per BA recommendation) about 1 hour ago. Now  the status showing it was updated at 6:43am  this morning ??????

PS: there is nothing in the "action required"  tab

look at the right hand side on sequence of events. it will show what happened when. with highest number being the latest.

You're treading on mail fraud here.  Please be honest with the postal system, and let's not continue to talk of ways to beat the system.
LEGO cannot be sent via Media Mail.  End of story.  It's not media.  A book about LEGO would qualify as media mail.  A book that includes a minifigure would qualify as media mail.  The instruction manual for a LEGO set would qualify as media mail.  But bricks are not media.

I swear I'm not a Media Mail Troll, but instruction manuals would not qualify for Media Mail if they contain advertisements for other LEGO sets.

http://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121.htm

I found this out the hard way when I tried to send some comic books Media Mail and was turned away by my local Postmaster, because they contained advertisements.

I swear I'm not a Media Mail Troll, but instruction manuals would not qualify for Media Mail if they contain advertisements for other LEGO sets.

http://about.usps.com/notices/not121/not121.htm

I found this out the hard way when I tried to send some comic books Media Mail and was turned away by my local Postmaster, because they contained advertisements.

Holy crap that's dumb. But I get the strict point they are going with. But that's dumb.

Edit to add: my kid's Curious George books wouldn't qualify either, since they have a "other Curious George books" set of pictures on the back cover.

Not shooing the messenger. Just think they are dumb.

• Like 2