Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

29 minutes ago, goliathm501 said:

I bought two sets from this one guy with pretty expensive shipping. I usually buy items with that kind of shipping but I normally don't have an issue with combined shipping since they always drop down the price to a more reasonable shipping quote, and they are really friendly about it since they seem to encourage buying multiple sets and even bring down the shipping to a much more reasonable number. I messaged the guy if he could do a reasonable shipping price, since it for the two items that I'd say in terms of shipping would be at least 10 dollars max with no box. He ends up refusing and I had to pay for both items with a whopping 21 dollars for it. Should I leave a crappy shipping rate when I get my items? I'm fairly certain 21 dollars is not worth two sets without its original boxes.

I wouldn't say that a seller simply not offering combined shipping deserves an auto negative (combined shipping is an option, it isn't required).

Edited by KShine

I bought two sets from this one guy with pretty expensive shipping. I usually buy items with that kind of shipping but I normally don't have an issue with combined shipping since they always drop down the price to a more reasonable shipping quote, and they are really friendly about it since they seem to encourage buying multiple sets and even bring down the shipping to a much more reasonable number. I messaged the guy if he could do a reasonable shipping price, since it for the two items that I'd say in terms of shipping would be at least 10 dollars max with no box. He ends up refusing and I had to pay for both items with a whopping 21 dollars for it. Should I leave a crappy shipping rate when I get my items? I'm fairly certain 21 dollars is not worth two sets without its original boxes.

Dude, no one twisted your arm and forced you to make that purchase and, unlike bricklink, you had a clear idea of the shipping rates before you hit buy. Why would the seller deserve a negative for sticking to the terms of the sale? If it shows up postage due, then by all means, neg away. Otherwise, suck it up.

10 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

It's good to ask ANY questions before purchase.

Once items arrive, check how much it really was to mail them together. If it's like double or something crazy, id email seller again asking what the difference is for. Negative feedback next maybe too.

negative feedback is uncalled for this situation IMHO. 

if seller send the item listed for the price listed i.e. unit price + unit shipping within reasonable timeframe. 

after accepting the term and following through purchase and later griping about shipping price etc is more like "cry-baby" or "hustler" or "buyer's remorse". 

if one doesn't agree to listed price move on. buy from someone else.

i personally believe that there is no harm in asking for discount usually if you are buying multiple copies or in volume. but if seller doesn't want to then its their item and price. 

one(buyer) has a choice 

a. accept sellers term on price and condition or,

b. move on and buy from somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

negative feedback is uncalled for this situation IMHO. 

if seller send the item listed for the price listed i.e. unit price + unit shipping within reasonable timeframe. 

after accepting the term and following through purchase and later griping about shipping price etc is more like "cry-baby" or "hustler" or "buyer's remorse". 

if one doesn't agree to listed price move on. buy from someone else.

i personally believe that there is no harm in asking for discount usually if you are buying multiple copies or in volume. but if seller doesn't want to then its their item and price. 

one(buyer) has a choice 

a. accept sellers term on price and condition or,

b. move on and buy from somewhere else.

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated. And to clarify, I wouldn't leave a negative feedback rate to someone if I got the items, so I agree that it'd be uncalled for and it'd be petty on my part. I meant the shipping portion when they give you the option to rate 1 ~ 5 stars.

3 minutes ago, Migration said:

Dude, no one twisted your arm and forced you to make that purchase and, unlike bricklink, you had a clear idea of the shipping rates before you hit buy. Why would the seller deserve a negative for sticking to the terms of the sale? If it shows up postage due, then by all means, neg away. Otherwise, suck it up.

I should of clarified when I wrote my original post, my mistake. I bring it up because most if not all sellers never have a problem with combined shipping charges. No need to be rude. Again I would not give the seller an automatic negative feedback rating.

Edited by goliathm501
Clarification

3 minutes ago, Migration said:

even in bricklink for 90% of people [ over 100+ feedback ] its pretty straight forward.

there is that 10% of established sellers who add tons of charges that has caused the bad name for brick link. i would say its the same everywhere ... its all in the terms & condition. if you don't read it well you pay for your "laziness" ;) that's the way i was justifying my own mistakes in brick link in the past.

35 minutes ago, goliathm501 said:

Why bought the items when the terms were not agreeable to you?  You should not have rewarded seller's inflexibie policy with sales

4 minutes ago, goliathm501 said:

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated. And to clarify, I wouldn't leave a negative feedback rate to someone if I got the items, so I agree that it'd be uncalled for and it'd be petty on my part. I meant the shipping portion when they give you the option to rate 1 ~ 5 stars.

I should of clarified when I wrote my original post, my mistake. I bring it up because most if not all sellers never have a problem with combined shipping charges. No need to be rude. Again I would not give the seller an automatic negative feedback rating.

IMHO unless seller sends you the item in a walmart or target polythene bag slapped with label on them, they won't deserve [1->3] stars. 

again, they said it would cost you $10 per item to ship. since its item without box. they may choose to put all the bags in a grey polymailer without bubble. [ i would say as long as item reaches you without damage they won't deserve any negative or neutral feedback on shipping ]. 

now if they sent it in a polymailer and items are flying then knock yourself out with all the negativity otherwise give the proper rating what "the seller" deserves based on his part of fulfilling the contract.

if you cannot do that due to cost bias.. then don't leave any feedback. 

I ordered a Captain Rex's AT-TE this week from a seller on ebay and it seems he's shipped it via First-Class Package Service when I track it online.  Not sure how that's possible though since it's a big box with over 900 pieces.  Should I be concerned?  It's in the US Postal Service's posession and in transit with an estimated delivery date of this Saturday...

• Like 1

I ordered a Captain Rex's AT-TE this week from a seller on ebay and it seems he's shipped it via First-Class Package Service when I track it online.  Not sure how that's possible though since it's a big box with over 900 pieces.  Should I be concerned?  It's in the US Postal Service's posession and in transit with an estimated delivery date of this Saturday...

I can speak from experience here lol...

I only started selling stuff like in mass on eBay like 3 months ago. I was sending everything media mail and first class (whatever the cheapest was and went by eBay's shipping page) is it under this and that...yes..cool!

Well of the 20 packages I sent out 1 messaged me saying they were holding the package for extra postage. I just paypaled him the difference and extra to make up for my mistake. Seems only small towns stop and look at each package. It was a small city in Montana. So if you live in a big city shouldn't be a problem (depends who is working)

If it is a problem 2 things will happen. 1 it will return to him. 2. They will make you pay the difference. On a set that big easily another 12-15 dollars. You can refuse the package and it will go back to him or you can eBay message him and see if he will just do what I had to do.

Maybe an honest mistake like myself or trying to beat the system...regardless you won't know till you get a notice or it's left at your front door.

37 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Oh no....did he send you the microfighter AT-TE? Wait, is there a microfighter AT-TE?! ;)

58 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Seriously, you should be fine. I have had this happen before, and it will very likely arrive without an issue.

Worst case, you will have an easy case to be resolved in your favor.

On a totally unrelated topic, I had a buyer with zero feedback and a newly created profile buy from me a Green Arrow and Supergirl Polybag set.  As I normally do when getting an order from a new eBay member I googled their username, address, etc to make sure things match up to some degree so I have some back up in case things go south. 

When I searched his eBay username the only thing that came up were several profiles to different adult dating websites (and by dating, I mean pretty hardcore hook up websites with descriptions of acts that would make my mother faint).  I'm not sure why the guy is using the same user name for eBay and for hook up websites but more power to him.

On the plus side, he does have a record of living where he says he lives, so there's that at least.  

Edited by jonnyhanukkah
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

On a totally unrelated topic, I had a buyer with zero feedback and a newly created profile buy from me a Green Arrow and Supergirl Polybag set.  As I normally do when getting an order from a new eBay member I googled their username, address, etc to make sure things match up to some degree so I have some back up in case things go south. 

When I searched his eBay username the only thing that came up were several profiles to different adult dating websites (and by dating, I mean pretty hardcore hook up websites with descriptions of acts that would make my mother faint).  I'm not sure why the guy is using the same user name for eBay and for hook up websites but more power to him.

On the plus side, he does have a record of living where he says he lives, so there's that at least.  

Let's hope he doesn't request a return. I wouldn't want that supergirl back, that's for sure. :P

• Like 2

I sold a $90+ set mid-December to a zero-feedback, possibly a guest account (long random username). The buyer name & address check out Googling online. The tracking went Undeliverable and then Forwarded to another state. A few days ago, it's shipped back to me, new label with sender having different first name, same last name and there's been zero communication regarding a return/refund. So, I'm a little confused as to what the deal is, change of mind, fraud, etc. I'm hesitant to give a refund just yet with no explanation, but I've sent eBay messages and direct email with no response yet. So odd.

2 hours ago, Lego Templar said:

I can speak from experience here lol...

I only started selling stuff like in mass on eBay like 3 months ago. I was sending everything media mail and first class (whatever the cheapest was and went by eBay's shipping page) is it under this and that...yes..cool!

Well of the 20 packages I sent out 1 messaged me saying they were holding the package for extra postage. I just paypaled him the difference and extra to make up for my mistake. Seems only small towns stop and look at each package. It was a small city in Montana. So if you live in a big city shouldn't be a problem (depends who is working)

If it is a problem 2 things will happen. 1 it will return to him. 2. They will make you pay the difference. On a set that big easily another 12-15 dollars. You can refuse the package and it will go back to him or you can eBay message him and see if he will just do what I had to do.

Maybe an honest mistake like myself or trying to beat the system...regardless you won't know till you get a notice or it's left at your front door.

no one can beat the system. there is something called annual charge from postal office. they will send you that. and if they have noticed this for sometime [ especially the routing centers ] there are other serious implications for this. [ try not to play with the postal system.. remember those folks who thought they were invincible] 

also for media mail [ postage is charged extra for return back for refused delivery ]

Edited by newbie77

10 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

I sold a $90+ set mid-December to a zero-feedback, possibly a guest account (long random username). The buyer name & address check out Googling online. The tracking went Undeliverable and then Forwarded to another state. A few days ago, it's shipped back to me, new label with sender having different first name, same last name and there's been zero communication regarding a return/refund. So, I'm a little confused as to what the deal is, change of mind, fraud, etc. I'm hesitant to give a refund just yet with no explanation, but I've sent eBay messages and direct email with no response yet. So odd.

i am assuming that you looked at the item and verified that you have what you sent right? 

its very weird to have name and address and return.

Edited by newbie77