Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

40 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Sorry, you paid $120 for the item.  That is the oldest trick on eBay.

Or look at it this way, for $35 shipping item should have been at least shipped in brand new corrugated box, not some homemade slice and dice job that did not protect the item from any kind of pressure

The box did it´s job. I prefer cut to size boxes than those big ones that just crumple inwards and damage the goods. Point taken about the shipping cost, I quickly read only 15 usd but then realised that´s the return. That would be another thing to complain about - why is the return cost so much cheaper than the original one? Seems the seller is skimming money off the top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

The box did it´s job. I prefer cut to size boxes than those big ones that just crumple inwards and damage the goods. Point taken about the shipping cost, I quickly read only 15 usd but then realised that´s the return. That would be another thing to complain about - why is the return cost so much cheaper than the original one? Seems the seller is skimming money off the top.

Wow seriously? That was an acceptable packaging job? The post men/women in EU must be more gentle than their US counterparts :P

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Val-E said:

If you get properly sized boxes, you don't have to worry about cutting OR it crumbling inward.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Few hours after selling Maersk ship on eBay (no payment received), I got this:IMG_2685.PNG

....and phone number included. Total 63 feedback, only one in last 6 months. Dunno

Had this type of incident twice in December.  On one received similar email and told them to notify ebay.  Shortly after contact received email from ebay stating fraudulent transaction, do not ship, and fees refunded.  Other one, transaction was cancelled out right by ebay stating fraud.  Fees refunded.  Then had to relist items.

• Like 1

Guest brickcrazyhouse

yup sounds like you don't get to package that set up.  You have multiples right? Can't remember.  If it was your only one, the listing would be hung up in red tape for a while before delisting.   

7 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

yup sounds like you don't get to package that set up.  You have multiples right? Can't remember.  If it was your only one, the listing would be hung up in red tape for a while before delisting.   

Me? This was my last one, oh, it still is :)

and it's been sitting for some time, slow seller but I wish I bought more than the 6-7 I originally did.

Similar thing happened in December to also last fire brigade, lowered the price on last 4, last sale eBay cancelled it shortly but PayPal payment was made, eBay cancelled the transaction but I had to refund that person myself. I understand they're not one and the same anymore but still. Buyer had zero feedback, he cleared up his ebay but I already resold it, and since it was last one, refund was necessary.

Edited by Lordoflego

Guest brickcrazyhouse

@Lordoflego

it's not a fast ship but she'll get you there. 

oh and every time someone, over in the St. Paul thread, mentions the lord my brain now fills in oflego.   thanks if that sticks I'm sending you the bill 

Shipping packaging looks good enough for lego box not to be in such an obviously worn and deteriorated state. SNAD it but 85 USD seems pretty darn cheap for a new item that retired 2 years ago. Sometimes you get what you pay for, even if the listing was misleading.

????

That packaging is not good enough, sufficient, or acceptable.

You missed the chance to accurately describe something in your favorite way - this is...

Crap

Tight sleeving Lego boxes is not sufficient packaging. Fill the cavity space with enough material to make a stiff final package, but not over stuffed so Lego box caves. See emazers Kraft paper packing or go the Tabby bubble route. Extended flap crap is worse than connecting 2 boxes crap.

i have a Amazon buyer request a return which i approve it right away. Instead of paying the return shipping, the buyer decided to refuse the shipment (a PO Box address). The return address on the original label is my office address which have thousand people in it and no one know my store name on Amazon. Of course I never get it back. When i approve for return, i use my home address.

The thing make me so mad about is the buyer bought on 12/8, package delivered on 12/11, tracking show the package is returned to sender on 12/19 but the return request is on 12/29 (10 days after it was supposed to get it back)

The buyer is threatening for a dispute and i was wondering what is the chance i can win?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LegoEdison said:

i have a Amazon buyer request a return which i approve it right away. Instead of paying the return shipping, the buyer decided to refuse the shipment (a PO Box address). The return address on the original label is my office address which have thousand people in it and no one know my store name on Amazon. Of course I never get it back. When i approve for return, i use my home address.

The thing make me so mad about is the buyer bought on 12/8, package delivered on 12/11, tracking show the package is returned to sender on 12/19 but the return request is on 12/29 (10 days after it was supposed to get it back)

The buyer is threatening for a dispute and i was wondering what is the chance i can win?

case update:

buyer threaten poor rating  > I open a case with Amazon > Amazon call me back ................................... I lost. case closed T_T

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I did not see how you could win TBH.  How was the buyer supposed to know that you used 2 different addresses ?

True, a $45 lesson learned 

After talking to Amazon's CS, it sound like i have to refund the shipping even the buyer changed her mind. The reason they told me is the buyer may feel you provide poor service and left you poor feedback. Seriously Amazon ????

On 12/19/2016 at 9:37 AM, Darth_Raichu said:

I bet $1 it's a dropshipper

the_bet_trading_places.jpg

I quit selling to drop shippers after one experience with one. To risky in my opinion. I state in my listings "I will not ship to foreign eBay accounts-even if your address is is the US."  It's also very annoying that I am charged an extra few % becuase they do not pay in USD. 

I bought two sets from this one guy with pretty expensive shipping. I usually buy items with that kind of shipping but I normally don't have an issue with combined shipping since they always drop down the price to a more reasonable shipping quote, and they are really friendly about it since they seem to encourage buying multiple sets and even bring down the shipping to a much more reasonable number. I messaged the guy if he could do a reasonable shipping price, since it for the two items that I'd say in terms of shipping would be at least 10 dollars max with no box. He ends up refusing and I had to pay for both items with a whopping 21 dollars for it. Should I leave a crappy shipping rate when I get my items? I'm fairly certain 21 dollars is not worth two sets without its original boxes.

It's good to ask ANY questions before purchase.

Once items arrive, check how much it really was to mail them together. If it's like double or something crazy, id email seller again asking what the difference is for. Negative feedback next maybe too.

Edited by Lordoflego

27 minutes ago, goliathm501 said:

I bought two sets from this one guy with pretty expensive shipping. I usually buy items with that kind of shipping but I normally don't have an issue with combined shipping since they always drop down the price to a more reasonable shipping quote, and they are really friendly about it since they seem to encourage buying multiple sets and even bring down the shipping to a much more reasonable number. I messaged the guy if he could do a reasonable shipping price, since it for the two items that I'd say in terms of shipping would be at least 10 dollars max with no box. He ends up refusing and I had to pay for both items with a whopping 21 dollars for it. Should I leave a crappy shipping rate when I get my items? I'm fairly certain 21 dollars is not worth two sets without its original boxes.

i don't sell on eBay,  its very typical that some sellers use shipping as part of their item price. [ lower item cost higher shipping ] 

i would think that once you agree to what what there and paid for it. it would be expected of one to swallow it and digest. 

there is no point in throwing up or trying to bully the seller because the shipping cost has some build in layers.

if one doesn't agree to terms don't purchase walk away.

Edited by newbie77
  • Like 4