Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Guest TabbyBoy
32 minutes ago, lego rules said:

May not be the best place for this and maybe it is common but I have never seen anything like this before.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lego-Technic-Bucket-Wheel-Excavator-42055-Brand-New-Sealed-LINK-FOR-239-TAX-/122244666435?hash=item1c76599443:g:eBwAAOSwLF1YBXHk

If anybody here knows the link, just list it free of charge to piss off this guy! But, will that involve a FVF?

1 minute ago, TabbyBoy said:

If anybody here knows the link, just list it free of charge to piss off this guy! But, will that involve a FVF?

I only really use ebay to purchase items.  But if someone else wants to do it.

Link is http://www.costco.ca/Lego®-Technic-–-Bucket-Wheel-Excavator.product.100295318.html

and no.  I did not buy their ebay auction.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, lego rules said:

I can't believe 11 people have bought this.  I also noticed the ebay page is now worded slightly different.

Selling something in high demand that can be emailed is the Holy Grail of distance selling. Bitcoin is once such item that I sell when the price peaks.

8 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

I dunno...it worked for my TRU.  They had three on the shelf that said clearly "No dino included."  They were still spider'd up, and they were about $30 off.  Can't blame them for trying, I guess.

The listing could be better, but it is clear. Right there in the title. Right there in the description. Comprehensive pictures of actual contents that don't show the t-rex. I think this listing is light years better than, say, a listing for one polybag where the only picture included shows a sea of 30 polybags.

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 2

Have we started an Amazon fruitcakes listing?  I've had two messages in the last three days that look super-scammy.  I almost never sell FBM, but sold 4 items last week and have had two questionable emails since.  The first showed "unable to deliver" in tracking and the message gave me a new address to resend it to.  Per Amazon policy, which I included in my response, I will not send it to any other address and they will be refunded and charged a 20% restocking fee upon return of the item.  No response or claim since I sent my response two days ago.  When I looked up the original address on Google Maps, it was a nonexistent address and not even close to the one provided in the message, making me think it was a scam.

The second was from a person just stating generically they did not receive the item and wanted a full refund.  There was no product mentioned, no transaction number, no nothing.  There is no record of any transaction with this person in the last 60 days, so I flagged it for Amazon and sent a cordial email saying I'm sorry but this is not the procedure for returns, directed them to the appropriate location, and let them know I have no record of our transaction.  Possibly the laziest attempt at a scam I've seen.

Converting my listings to FBA and sending them in.  I don't need scammer drama in my life.  Happy Holidays, scumbags!

Note:  I have around 200 successful transactions, but only 6 total feedbacks, all positive.  Maybe that just makes me a target.

• Like 2

Bought some photography equipment cheap on ebay. I knew it was a gamble as far as quality, but for the price I figured I would give it a go. Pleasantly surprised by it and I dont regret it at all. Anyway the package was missing two small items, which would be easily replaced for about $5. I messaged the seller who immediately suggested a $6 refund. I agreed and figured all was well. Then started getting messages that they needed 2 more days, then 2 more days, then they needed my paypal acct (which they would have already had). I was trying to be polite while at the same time figuring they were stalling for some reason. This is a large seller with like 10,000+ feedback. Finially I submitted a return request through ebay, figuring it would force them to go through with the refund. Got a message from ebay the next day saying the seller had suggested a refund. I accepted and it immediately said there was a problem. Then I get a message from seller asking me to cancel the return first and then they would refund me through paypal. What a bunch of scammers. I know they are based in SE Asia, and most of the messages I get seem like canned responses written by non-english speakers. Ive gotten some of the same replies multiple times. We'll see if I ever get my $6.

Hopefully I am not the only one starting to get the sob stories with offers on ebay items. 

For 1 item-  Any chance you could do $60 shipped for a father who's got a 6 year old son with a birthday 6 days after Christmas?? I'll be eating ramen noodles with tap water for dinner till February because of Minecraft & Hatchimals. I went the guilt trip route.

Another Item- Please! This is all my 7 year old wants for Christmas. I'll even send you a pic of his Santa Letter. I've contacted the manufacturer and the makers with no luck. We have 5 kids so $50 is a lot for us.

Its crazy. I guess I would never be gutsy enough to write this stuff. For all I know collectors trying to buy and make me give them a deal. I didn't tell them to have 5 kids. 

Am I a scrooge??

• Like 6

Hopefully I am not the only one starting to get the sob stories with offers on ebay items. 
For 1 item-  Any chance you could do $60 shipped for a father who's got a 6 year old son with a birthday 6 days after Christmas?? I'll be eating ramen noodles with tap water for dinner till February because of Minecraft & Hatchimals. I went the guilt trip route.

Another Item- Please! This is all my 7 year old wants for Christmas. I'll even send you a pic of his Santa Letter. I've contacted the manufacturer and the makers with no luck. We have 5 kids so $50 is a lot for us.

Its crazy. I guess I would never be gutsy enough to write this stuff. For all I know collectors trying to buy and make me give them a deal. I didn't tell them to have 5 kids. 
Am I a scrooge??

Send the second guy a box of condoms & a TV guide.
  • Like 4

I have to erase what I want to write to these types of messages at least once a month and usually just don't respond at all.
I gave away a fish tank in Craigslist when we moved and had over 40 messages and calls all night (I left my phone in the car and did not know until the morning) crazy people sending me pictures of their kids, sob stories, people wanting me to buy supplies for it too... I was raised to never beg for anything unless my life depends on it.
The sob stories make me realize how pointless and terrible holidays have become :(

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Salimr said:

I gave away a fish tank in Craigslist when we moved and had over 40 messages and calls all night

Wow, you give your phone number out on CL?

The only way anyone gets my phone number on CL is after several emails back and forth where I can be certain they aren't going to stalk me.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Wow, you give your phone number out on CL?

The only way anyone gets my phone number on CL is after several emails back and forth where I can be certain they aren't going to stalk me.

Lol. I put my phone number on once (for a free used couch) and that was the last time (except for advertising a rental). OMG. The calls, man, the calls. Non-stop. Some with endless, hilarious questions. And ultimately, a used couch ended up in my apartment's dumpster.

• Like 4

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm the fruitcake today! I was in a rush on Saturday and posted a £15 Top Gear STIG to a buyer who bought a £200 pair of silver crystal earrings and vice versa. Luckily the STIG buyer was honest, let me know and will post the earrings back to me. Of course, I'll pay for postage and send another STIG and issue a 100% refund. I then sent a note to the earring buyer who's also OK with a 2 day delay and said that her son lives the STIG which, of course, he can keep. The mistake cost me £10 but, it could've been a lot worse. I'm going to be much better organised now!

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I'm the fruitcake today! I was in a rush on Saturday and posted a £15 Top Gear STIG to a buyer who bought a £200 pair of silver crystal earrings and vice versa. Luckily the STIG buyer was honest, let me know and will post the earrings back to me. Of course, I'll pay for postage and send another STIG and issue a 100% refund. I then sent a note to the earring buyer who's also OK with a 2 day delay and said that her son lives the STIG which, of course, he can keep. The mistake cost me £10 but, it could've been a lot worse. I'm going to be much better organised now!

My Christmas selling season does not usually start until 1 of my buyers receives an item that is intended for another:P

• Like 2