Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Maybe not a complete fruitcake, but a peculiar bird still the same. The other day I sold a set and the next day when I was preparing it for shipment I noticed the buyer had already left me positive feedback, saying "great product with great service". Since they had not received the product yet and I had provided absolutely no service yet, it had me confused. 

16 minutes ago, TacoCat said:

Maybe not a complete fruitcake, but a peculiar bird still the same. The other day I sold a set and the next day when I was preparing it for shipment I noticed the buyer had already left me positive feedback, saying "great product with great service". Since they had not received the product yet and I had provided absolutely no service yet, it had me confused. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

14 minutes ago, TacoCat said:

Maybe that feedback was meant for other seller / previous purchase.  Mistakes happened. 

10 minutes ago, LegoJoey said:

This guy has got to be on this website, anybody got 100k?

IMG_3769.PNG

From the description:

I would pay to fly ONE person out to pick it up - then you are responsible to drive them back on your own funds.

ROADTRIP!

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Based on the misspelling of "Calendar" as "Calander", I think it is one of these guys. Since B-A misspelled it twice, I think it's him :)

Nice try, but don't quit your day job. ;-)
Neither of those two members live in AZ.

Now.....wheres the mop when we need it for this thread.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Phil B said:

From the description:

I would pay to fly ONE person out to pick it up - then you are responsible to drive them back on your own funds.

ROADTRIP!

For that price I hope it includes a first class ticket, a "female companion", and some bubbly. 

Edited by California92563
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Darn it, competition.  Time to drop the price for my listing to $93,000. :P

1 hour ago, LegoJoey said:

This guy has got to be on this website, anybody got 100k?

IMG_3769.PNG

its not a surprise that there are some big players in arizona. i am sure if this seller is motivated someone from that area will approach. [ there are some multi-million $ lego business/sellers from that area ]

@ravenb99 hey do you want to go on partnership on this one ;) .... 

• Like 1

I saw this a few days ago. You need to average a little over $100 for each set (there are about 900) to get up to $95k. There are 100 $20 retail JW sets in that lot. So that leaves the other 800 sets to get you up to about $95k. Then you need to resell all of this. Seems we have yet another genius that expects full value on a large -well, massive- lot. Good luck! 

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy

This is a weird one...

08JUL: I sold a bicycle rear derailleur to a guy in Brazil even though I've blocked Brazilian buyers due to a very high lost item rate. (no offence!)

31JUL: Item has not arrived so I ask buyer to check at his local post office and use the tracking number.

17AUG: Buyer still hasn't got item so I give a 100% refund and claim back from the UK Royal Mail.

24AUG: I get full compensation from UK Royal Mail (should be case closed, right?)

01SEP: Item finally arrives at buyer's house and I tell him not to bother paying as I've been compensated. He's very grateful and thanks me.

03NOV: Today - Buyer now gives me NEGATIVE feedback as he wants to make payment and I told him that it's not necessary. I can't accept payment as the Royal Mail checked with PayPal to make sure that I sent out the refund. If I accept payment now, it'll raise a flag with PayPal as they'll have a record of the Royal Mail compensation claim.

NEGATIVE feedback removed after getting eBay Support on chat ;-)

Can't this guy just accept that I want him to keep the item and his bloody money! I'd be more than happy to keep a delayed item without needing to pay ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

Thoughts?  Should this lot contain Mega Bloks too?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182301933793?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I got a decent deal, but now I have to sort through this crap.

I spotted some in the pics but only because I was really looking for them. I wouldn't have caught it, either.

Doesn't surprise me, TBH but sorry you gotta mess with it now.
  • Like 3