Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

12 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

I have no problem with the multiples but stop trying to lower the going rate. I think they're just too lazy to look up what's they're currently going for. Look, these customers were tardy to the party! They must pay.

Whatever it is, maybe worth buying from him @ $25 and relisting @ $40 lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Maybe you should "concider" another auction.   That ad was a grammar police  nightmare.

• Like 1

Mega Bloks came out with the Pirates of the Caribbean sets before Lego, and they were nice ships, Toys R Us were always running a sale buy 2 get one Free, Costco had a 2 pack, Flying Dutchman and Black Pearl, and the sets came in Metal Boxes, and these were selling for $300 or more, but as usual they were not big sellers back then, but once the the second movie hit thats when people wanted then.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

much more disturbing are the rest of the items up for bid by the seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Midge-Body-No-Head-/222233958214?hash=item33be2d1746

and it has 2 bids.

this one is also scary:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Devil-Head-Retro-Steampunk-Halloween-Decoration-Prop-Has-Light-Wire-/222233917839?hash=item33be2c798f

what do those wires do?  bring the head to life?

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Midge-Body-No-Head-/222233958214?hash=item33be2d1746

and it has 2 bids.

this one is also scary:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Devil-Head-Retro-Steampunk-Halloween-Decoration-Prop-Has-Light-Wire-/222233917839?hash=item33be2c798f

Thanks, I appreciate having this come up in my "More items you'd be interested in" feed.
  • Like 2

and it has 2 bids.

this one is also scary:

One mans trash to a whole 'nother level.
  • Like 1

So I got a " eBay listings removed - unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account" message today.

The listing was BIN w/ immediate payment and was sold, paid for, with shipping label printed on Saturday.  With the long weekend it didn't go out until today, luckily I was able to call the place I dropped it off and have them hold it before pick up.

I call ebay and the first CSR I speak to tells me I don't need to do anything.  They have verified unauthorized user activity, money will be automatically refunded, and that's it.

I speak to a second CSR since the item was on a five item selling promo, I wanted to see if there was anyway to get that promo slot back, I had little hope of this working, but since I was already on the phone I figured I'd give it a shot.  He dances around giving me a promotional rate, but tells me I need to contact the buyer and see if they still want me to ship the item.  Huh?

If the account is compromised, I assume there is no use in trying to contact the buyer and sort this out?  Even if this was a misunderstanding, I doubt eBay would support anything since they have sent the unauthorized buyer message.

Was this guy trying to scam me, or is this an automated thing from eBay?  Did he wait until when the item should have shipped to report the problem?

If the item had been picked up and in the shipping system, what would my options have been?  The first CSR told me I could contact the person I shipped to and see if they could send it back.  Huh?  That's not how a scammer works.

On 9/6/2016 at 0:39 PM, fuzzy_bricks said:

So I got a " eBay listings removed - unauthorized user of buyer or bidder account" message today.

To follow up on this, Paypal sent through disputed payment claim, this was the first one of these I received, but it was fairly straight forward.  Since I held on to the money, as eBay instructed, I just selected the option to refund the payment now, which closed the case immediately.  There was also the option to upload tracking information if the item had already shipped out.  Is this where the Seller Protection kicks in?  Would they have refunded the buyer out of their pocket if the package showed shipped and delivered?

2 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

To follow up on this, Paypal sent through disputed payment claim, this was the first one of these I received, but it was fairly straight forward.  Since I held on to the money, as eBay instructed, I just selected the option to refund the payment now, which closed the case immediately.  There was also the option to upload tracking information if the item had already shipped out.  Is this where the Seller Protection kicks in?  Would they have refunded the buyer out of their pocket if the package showed shipped and delivered?

Yes and yes (although I'm sure the second answer can vary, but it was a yes in my case).

• Like 1

On 9/5/2016 at 6:33 PM, exciter1 said:

guy says that most of the figures aren't LEGO and gives a "caveat Emptor" in regards to this.  I'm going to allow this one as legit. 

Sold a cracked phone on Ebay. Pictures, Description, Title and listed under "for parts only". Buyer files for a return stating, "I didn't realize it was cracked." My automated return policy accepts the return. He sends the phone back and I refund him for the purchase cost less my 10% restocking fee.

Two days later he initiates a charge back on his CC, claiming it was an un-authorized purchase. I understand he may not have been expected the restocking fee, but feel like an un-authorized charge back is not the way to go about getting the 3$?

Its annoying to fight when he obviously intended on purchasing the item based on his return reason.

Edited by landphieran
  • Like 2

In need of a little advice on this one;

Bought a new set, Single photo on ebay showed it to be pretty much mint, listed as BNISB. Since its for a personal build, i wouldn't cry if there was a small mark or two on the box. Courier arrived this morning and handed me the set, which was obviously not as the photo showed in the listing, judging by the shape of the brown paper and bubble wrap that it was shipped in. Waited until I photographed the set before opening it while taking pictures of the box which resembles something that has been kicked from van to van during transit. 

My question is: What do i say to the seller? I'm not happy with how the item turned up BUT I know he hasnt got anymore and i'd rather hold on to this set. I'm reluctant to leave neg feed back before contacting too. Can he pawn this off on the Courier service?

10 minutes ago, CrabslayerT said:

In need of a little advice on this one;

Bought a new set, Single photo on ebay showed it to be pretty much mint, listed as BNISB. Since its for a personal build, i wouldn't cry if there was a small mark or two on the box. Courier arrived this morning and handed me the set, which was obviously not as the photo showed in the listing, judging by the shape of the brown paper and bubble wrap that it was shipped in. Waited until I photographed the set before opening it while taking pictures of the box which resembles something that has been kicked from van to van during transit. 

My question is: What do i say to the seller? I'm not happy with how the item turned up BUT I know he hasnt got anymore and i'd rather hold on to this set. I'm reluctant to leave neg feed back before contacting too. Can he pawn this off on the Courier service?

Maybe ask for a small/partial refund? And see what he says, if you get definite no, I'd go with negative since it sounds like his packaging method is a joke. 

14 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Maybe ask for a small/partial refund? And see what he says, if you get definite no, I'd go with negative since it sounds like his packaging method is a joke. 

This was my reply this morning:

I'm sorry to see to this. After many years of posting items out, in exactly the same way, this is the first damage incident reported. The packaging has proven more than enough to withstand transit so its disappointing to see the damage Hermes has done to the parcel.
Please can you confirm that you have reported/signed for the parcel as damaged when received (with the courier) and I should then be able to make a claim against Hermes and make a payment to yourself.
Thanks.

TBH I was kinda expecting a response like this. I feel like calling him a C**t 

I get the following request for a full refund, seller pays shipping:

Description said original packaging.I rec d some bags, no instructions, no box. Can t give a gift like this. A child needs graphics to lead them through the process of assembly. I m returning. Not happy with my purchase.

Here's my listing:

Title:

LEGO Star Wars 75148 Jakku - Teedo & Luggabeast - NEW

Details:

LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS
TEEDO & LUGGABEAST
Split from 75148 Encounter on Jakku

Description

For your consideration is TEEDO and his LUGGABEAST from the LEGO Star Wars Encounter on Jakku set #75148.  This lot contains Teedo and his staff accessory and the parts and pieces necessary to construct his LUGGABEAST.  Instructions are not included, but can be found here.  

Please see the photos; everything shown is included.  Stock photos are used so that I can leave the pieces unhandled as much as possible.

Teedo and the luggabeast are Bags #1 and #2 of the set.  No need to open and remove any minifigures. Unkar, the outpost, Rey and BB-8 are all in Bags #3-5.  Even when you choose 'New' from the drop down box, it does advise the buyer to see the details for a full description.  I had 2 stock photos shown, because I hadn't gotten around to opening the box and displaying the two bags before it was purchased.  These are the two in the product page photo gallery that were strictly of teedo and the luggabeast.

Let me get this straight: You posted a listing as New, with pictures of the full set, but with description detailing the fact it is in fact *NOT* the full set?

Lesson #1 on EBay: Most buyers DON'T READ THE DETAILS. They look at the picture and title and that's it. So if you posted pics of a full set, grandma will just click and purchase, just like she would on Amazon.

Unfortunately for you, but that's how your target audience on EBay thinks, so best to adjust.

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Let me get this straight: You posted a listing as New, with pictures of the full set, but with description detailing the fact it is in fact *NOT* the full set?

Lesson #1 on EBay: Most buyers DON'T READ THE DETAILS. They look at the picture and title and that's it. So if you posted pics of a full set, grandma will just click and purchase, just like she would on Amazon.

Unfortunately for you, but that's how your target audience on EBay thinks, so best to adjust.

No. This photo.

75148_alt7.jpg

I will argue until I am blue in the face that open box, sealed bags does not fit eBay's definition of used " An item that has been used previously "

Edited by hockeyweasel

48 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

I will argue until I am blue in the face that open box, sealed bags does not fit eBay's definition of used " An item that has been used previously "

I don't think you need to argue until you're blue in the face but I think you'll need to accept the return and refund the buyer though.

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 9

I don't think you need to argue until you're blue in the face but I think you'll need to accept the return and refund the buyer though.

Agreed. Parted out sets is my bread and butter (5-10 sales a week on items exactly like this one here). Running into a buyer who says "thought it was the complete set" is a risk you just have to accept. Fortunately I've yet to run into one across 500-750 total sales of parted out items. But these are basically the PITA buyer equivalent of those 1-in-100 ones who try and return a new-sealed set due to some minor scuff to the box.

Not to pile on, but putting set name, number, and new in all caps in the title seems to be asking for it.

Fine to categorize the listing as new, but a more accurately descriptive title seems a start for future listings. Reiterate in description but be brief. My eyes glaze over with all the gibberish many sellers put in descriptions.

Was your second picture of the actual bags out of box?
Since you are not selling an unopened item maybe a picture of the actual item is in order.