Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

I had a buyer a month or two ago who had great feedback tell me his set was missing figures. This was an older set with valuable figures. I counted the pieces myself and was confident they were there. The person was very polite and I doubted myself and gave him 1/2 off the purchase as I did not want to deal with bad ratings over around $50.00.

i got a message from eBay 2 days ago stating this person was involved in fraud and the account was banned. I wish ebay told me sooner as I already refunded money to him, but I was very glad to find out I had not made a mistake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

If you're having trouble selling your sets on Ebay , maybe message this seller for some (or better said: two) tips ... https://www.ebay.com/itm/262492801150

"Everything you need to hook up and play! Console has been cleaned and thoroughly tested. Joystick is somewhat used and works great. Polished pins on game. I ship six days a week!"

I'm not 100% certain, but that description ... seems pretty accurate.

• Like 2

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegIt's bad enough the Seller slapped the mailing label directly on the ARCHITECTURE SERIES box and mailed it that way, but there's three other assorted labels affixed to the packaging as well.

To further add insult to injury, my Jacka** rural postal carrier wrote my address on the box with a sharpie.

• Like 1

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegIt's bad enough the Seller slapped the mailing label directly on the ARCHITECTURE SERIES box and mailed it that way, but there's three other assorted labels affixed to the packaging as well.

To further add insult to injury, my Jacka** rural postal carrier wrote my address on the box with a sharpie.

This isn't retired so unless it was free or really cheap, I'd be sending it back. This is inexcusable to me...

• Like 1

As a follow-up to my earlier post posted above, and this one from VAL-E, my Ebay Seller confirms that the item was shipped directly from Amazon to me. Seller seemed very nice, and genuinely shocked that the item would get mailed to me in that condition. He offered me a full refund without hesitation. Not sure what's going on with the
original shipper, but maybe something to keep an eye on when ordering from Amazon?

19 hours ago, Val-E said:

There´s an article on a French site saying that Amazon are now starting to introduce the option of having items packed in an Amazon box. IF you don´t check the option, it will come unprotected with a sticker slapped on top.

http://www.hothbricks.com/2016/06/amazon-attention-aux-nouvelles-options-de-livraison/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

As a follow-up to my earlier post posted above, and this one from VAL-E, my Ebay Seller confirms that the item was shipped directly from Amazon to me. Seller seemed very nice, and genuinely shocked that the item would get mailed to me in that condition. He offered me a full refund without hesitation. Not sure what's going on with the
original shipper, but maybe something to keep an eye on when ordering from Amazon?

That would explain the FBA label.

35 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

Yup, keep an eye on next amazon orders you make. I bet they will end up charging extra for their own boxes, similar to gift wrapping.

I got this eBay message from someone who bought a $150+ item from me. Has anyone ever gotten a message like this? I responded that I required a signature to protect myself as a seller and they could call UPS to reroute the package to her office or a UPS warehouse for pickup. Do any of you ask the buyer if it's ok to send something with signature required? I feel like even if I ask and they say no, I would still send it signature required if it's a higher priced item. 

Hi! I don't know why you sent my package with a signature request. Usually I'm not at home when the UPS comes, I need to ask for a day-off from work or leave a least 2 hours early, and who is going to pay me the time lost? I believe you should ask before to do that. I'm going to try to be at home early today, but if I can't get it and the UPS return the package, it will not be my fault, sorry you didn't ask me if it will be okay with me :/

Guest TabbyBoy

I always state in my listings if a signature is required. These days, it's worth the extra to have the item tracked as I think there's more dodgy buyers than sellers out there. The good thing about the UK is that items can be left at a local post office if requested.

Regarding stupid offers, I just ignore them and let them expire.

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I always state in my listings if a signature is required. These days, it's worth the extra to have the item tracked as I think there's more dodgy buyers than sellers out there. The good thing about the UK is that items can be left at a local post office if requested.

Regarding stupid offers, I just ignore them and let them expire.

What service leaves the items at the post office?

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to include that verbiage in the item description next time.

UPS stinks for their signature service since they keep trying to deliver (and usually at the same time because they were successful the day before)... But you can register at their website and get them to reroute to a particular time of the day (not sure about address).

You should just do the research for her and send her a link and instructions. That way at least you have done your best to please her whiny ass.

• Like 3

I don't think being unhappy about a signature required "ambush" is whiny... unless you are referring to the tone of the reply - which is certainly subject to opinion.

I've been on both sides of the issue. It is extremely inconvenient when I am working a long stretch of 12-hour days with no one to receive a package for me, to have it show up "signature required" and then have to chase it down a week or two later.

And the first "expensive" sale I made on eBay, I decided to add the signature option at the last minute without thinking it through, and had the package return roughly a week after the buyer kept telling me it had not arrived when it should have (with poor tracking updates, I might add) - undeliverable due to the signature requirement. Was that in any way the buyer's fault? Nope. I learned from my mistake, ate the double shipping charge, and confirmed whether they'd be able to sign for it before sending it out again.

Same thing here. Perhaps you did nothing wrong, but the buyer did LESS wrong. Communication is the key to all things successful in business!

• Like 3