Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

It's not even about if you assumed too much or not, which you may have but we'll never figure that out without seeing that listing, it's about seller's response which is part of the sale, and his answer wasn't right, sounds like he lacks some customer service skills. Feedback? I'd leave it up to you.

19 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

It's not even about if you assumed too much or not, which you may have but we'll never figure that out without seeing that listing, it's about seller's response which is part of the sale, and his answer wasn't right, sounds like he lacks some customer service skills. Feedback? I'd leave it up to you.

This is exactly what riled me up.  Completely lying and not taking any responsibility for a listing.  I should have asked for more pictures but I had to quickly bid on the auctions so I could get combined shipping.  He could have humored me and said, "I will look to see if I have the parts you need".  Instead of "nope, all the figures are correct and nothing is wrong with them".   I am tempted to list his responses.  Basically he said to go ahead and leave negative feedback. I think I will oblige him. 

Edited by stackables

Sometimes it seems that savvy AFOLs like us really get screwed.

We get hit with a negative feedback on a perfect item when some idiot soccer mom bought the wrong thing.

But when we get legitimately shafted by a shady seller, we fall all over ourselves to give them a chance to correct it and avoid negative feedbacks.

*sigh*

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

really wish we had some offsite bad-seller list if we can't have one here. Maybe make a badpicker.com. :)

Many sites do exist for that purpose - But the real truth can be impossible to decipher.

Most issues can have 2 legitimate sides, and many of the ones who know that they were 100% wrong will happily screw your good name (if given the chance).

Edited by KShine

13 hours ago, stackables said:

This is exactly what riled me up.  Completely lying and not taking any responsibility for a listing.  I should have asked for more pictures but I had to quickly bid on the auctions so I could get combined shipping.  He could have humored me and said, "I will look to see if I have the parts you need".  Instead of "nope, all the figures are correct and nothing is wrong with them".   I am tempted to list his responses.  Basically he said to go ahead and leave negative feedback. I think I will oblige him. 

IMO if it is a used played with lot it is sold as is as seen in pictures if the pictures are not clear than buyer beware. if you went ahead and purchased them based off the pictures that is on you he is not a bad seller for selling a used bulk lot as found . Many kids play with these Lego toys and then they get sold by their parents or found at a yard sale or at goodwill...You cant reasonably expect someone to go through and only list the ones that are matched properly or to correct them themselves especially if they have no knowledge of lego. Most good sellers would at least pull the colored, chewed or damaged ones out but not all do.Most of this should be seen in the pictures before purchase so complaining after means you probably did not due your due diligence before purchasing. The fact the you blame the sellers poor pictures but you still purchased is a poor excuse especially since you can return for a full refund...

The responsibility is on you as a buyer to make sure it is what you want before purchasing you are offered free returns for any item if you feel it is not as described so if they were that bad you could have sent them back free of charge...Asking for additional parts that were not included, threatening or leaving negatives in this situation make you the bad buyer.

If you were unhappy why not ask to return instead of asking for additional parts. IMO you cant buy used lots and expect a seller to send you individual missing parts or partial refunds because the figures are mismatched. Many sellers including ME would tell you to return them all or buzz off. Then I would block you as a picky buyer/scammer.

Edited by Brickshopper
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, KShine said:

Many sites do exist for that purpose - But the real truth can be impossible to decipher.

Most issues can have 2 legitimate sides, and many of the ones who know that they were 100% wrong will happily screw your good name (if given the chance).

See Yelp

1 hour ago, KShine said:

Well, sure. I meant more specifically for us that I know & trust more than others (which is why I wish it were here) and specifically LEGO sales. We all see the stories and we all want to know the seller. If it's some no-name ranting, I'd take it with a grain of salt. If it's someone like @stackables, I'd take note. I'm sure 99% of my buyers are not Brickpicker members, so I'm fairly sure it wouldn't affect the crappy sellers much if we (BP members) avoided them.

2 hours ago, Brickshopper said:

IMO if it is a used played with lot it is sold as is as seen in pictures if the pictures are not clear than buyer beware. if you went ahead and purchased them based off the pictures that is on you he is not a bad seller for selling a used bulk lot as found . Many kids play with these Lego toys and then they get sold by their parents or found at a yard sale or at goodwill...You cant reasonably expect someone to go through and only list the ones that are matched properly or to correct them themselves especially if they have no knowledge of lego. Most good sellers would at least pull the colored, chewed or damaged ones out but not all do.Most of this should be seen in the pictures before purchase so complaining after means you probably did not due your due diligence before purchasing. The fact the you blame the sellers poor pictures but you still purchased is a poor excuse especially since you can return for a full refund...

The responsibility is on you as a buyer to make sure it is what you want before purchasing you are offered free returns for any item if you feel it is not as described so if they were that bad you could have sent them back free of charge...Asking for additional parts that were not included, threatening or leaving negatives in this situation make you the bad buyer.

If you were unhappy why not ask to return instead of asking for additional parts. IMO you cant buy used lots and expect a seller to send you individual missing parts or partial refunds because the figures are mismatched. Many sellers including ME would tell you to return them all or buzz off. Then I would block you as a picky buyer/scammer.

I think there's a lot of assuming here. He asked the seller for the "correct" parts, not "additional," and perhaps he would offer to pay for them rather than expecting them shipped for free. He also said he should have asked for more pictures, not that the ones provided were necessarily "poor." With no link to the sale, we (other BPers judging the scenario) don't know what was provided for pictures and description, and if the seller is a parent selling random used toys or a LEGO seller that should've known better what was what. I know every sentence started with "If," but I still read it as a lot of handslapping when he didn't say half of those things.

3 hours ago, Brickshopper said:

The lots consisted of 4, 5, and 8 figures so the seller could very easy check to make sure the figures had the correct pieces.  He listed several specific figures which turned out to having the wrong pieces.  Like I mentioned before, several of the figures had masks on so you can't see the heads and some of the legs/torso were similar to the correct ones.  I just assumed that the seller would be responsible enough to make sure they had the correct pieces.  All I asked if he had the correct pieces for the figures or if he had any other bulk auctions for sale hoping that some of the missing pieces would be in his other auctions.  His reply is they are all the correct pieces, nothing was wrong with them and they were not dirty.  I don't know what kind of seller you are but blatantly lying to a buyer warrants negative feedback.  I never once asked for a refund.  The seller even said to go ahead and leave negative feedback.

12 minutes ago, stackables said:

The lots consisted of 4, 5, and 8 figures so the seller could very easy check to make sure the figures had the correct pieces.  He listed several specific figures which turned out to having the wrong pieces.  Like I mentioned before, several of the figures had masks on so you can't see the heads and some of the legs/torso were similar to the correct ones.  I just assumed that the seller would be responsible enough to make sure they had the correct pieces.  All I asked if he had the correct pieces for the figures or if he had any other bulk auctions for sale hoping that some of the missing pieces would be in his other auctions.  His reply is they are all the correct pieces, nothing was wrong with them and they were not dirty.  I don't know what kind of seller you are but blatantly lying to a buyer warrants negative feedback.  I never once asked for a refund.  The seller even said to go ahead and leave negative feedback.

Does he sell any other LEGO other than the three Lots?  Were their caveats like "AS IS" or "What you See is What you Get"?  

4 minutes ago, scuttfarkas said:

Does he sell any other LEGO other than the three Lots?  Were their caveats like "AS IS" or "What you See is What you Get"?  

I think he just had bulk piece lots without the figs.  There were no "AS IS" or "What you See is What you Get" listed.  In the seller notes he listed "looks like new".   

1 hour ago, stackables said:

Are the figures you received the ones shown in the listing pictures? There might be different definitions of "correct piece" here. Kind of hard to tell without seeing the actual listings.  Example: the seller posted picture of a fig with green legs piece, but originally the fig comes with olive green legs.  Seller might think the figure mailed was correctly as pictured while by your definition of correct the fig has incorrect legs.

9 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Are the figures you received the ones shown in the listing pictures? There might be different definitions of "correct piece" here. Kind of hard to tell without seeing the actual listings.  Example: the seller posted picture of a fig with green legs piece, but originally the fig comes with olive green legs.  Seller might think the figure mailed was correctly as pictured while by your definition of correct the fig has incorrect legs.

I believe you should leave negative feedback. Ebays policy is that the listing should clearly state the contents of the listing and clearly show the items included. It does not sound like those terms were followed. The seller did not handle the situation in a reasonable manner either. They should have offered to accept a return  for the mix up and reposted the items with a clearer description.

I have had users buy individual train cars from me and complain the entire set wasn't included. I have lost claims because my font disclosing it wasn't big enough or "clearly worded" enough, though it was stated. I don't like how meticulous I need to be, but since I have been more meticulous I haven't had any troubles.

Obfuscation off intentions, quality and items is the main reason people are apprehensive of buying on ebay. I say do your part to reasonably reinforce better habits.

41 minutes ago, landphieran said:

I believe you should leave negative feedback. Ebays policy is that the listing should clearly state the contents of the listing and clearly show the items included. It does not sound like those terms were followed. The seller did not handle the situation in a reasonable manner either. They should have offered to accept a return  for the mix up and reposted the items with a clearer description.

I have had users buy individual train cars from me and complain the entire set wasn't included. I have lost claims because my font disclosing it wasn't big enough or "clearly worded" enough, though it was stated. I don't like how meticulous I need to be, but since I have been more meticulous I haven't had any troubles.

Obfuscation off intentions, quality and items is the main reason people are apprehensive of buying on ebay. I say do your part to reasonably reinforce better habits.

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I actually asked the seller if he checked the figures to make sure they had the correct parts. He said yes.  My main gripe is more on how he responded. Apparently, all the figures were correct and I wanted duplicates of the parts I was missing.  Not sure how that makes any sense.  He also told me to leave negative feedback so I did. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stackables said:

I actually asked the seller if he checked the figures to make sure they had the correct parts. He said yes.  My main gripe is more on how he responded. Apparently, all the figures were correct and I wanted duplicates of the parts I was missing.  Not sure how that makes any sense.  He also told me to leave negative feedback so I did. 

Did seller provide actual pictures of the figures and did the pictures match the figures you received ?

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Did seller provide actual pictures of the figures and did the pictures match the figures you received ?

Yes, the condition of the figs did not match "like new" and no mention of them having the wrong heads which you can't tell because the figures have masks.

I think this issue is a moot point now since he told me to give him negative feedback.

Edited by stackables

3 minutes ago, stackables said:

Yes, the condition of the figs did not match "like new" and no mention of them having the wrong heads which you can't tell because the figures have masks.

If the pictures matched the figures, the seller was not out of line when he said the parts were "correct" (ie. without know what the original out of the box parts should be for those figures).  There was a good chance he never took off those masks either.  I am thinking this is a case of a newbie seller

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If the pictures matched the figures, the seller was not out of line when he said the parts were "correct" (ie. without know what the original out of the box parts should be for those figures).  There was a good chance he never took off those masks either.  I am thinking this is a case of a newbie seller

I checked his feedback and you are correct.  His replies were extremely inappropriate too.  I assume he is a young kid or something.  He used a lot of emojis of crying and other inappropriate emojis lol.  Sounded like he just wanted negative feedback and was happy about it.  He actually gave me positive feedback lol.

2 minutes ago, stackables said:

I checked his feedback and you are correct.  His replies were extremely inappropriate too.  I assume he is a young kid or something.  He used a lot of emojis of crying and other inappropriate emojis lol.  Sounded like he just wanted negative feedback and was happy about it.  He actually gave me positive feedback lol.

Any chance we can get a link to the listing? This situation has a lot of us offering advice from all different angles. Being able to see the listing would help.