Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

There Is another one out there making similar demands. Feedback was 39, today may be more....he asked to add something, I don't know what to make out of it. One one hand there is nothing wrong yet, on another...just strange that they both act similar....

All of the earliest listings for "Lego Space Slug" included the poster, polybag, etc.  Looks like a little over half of current listings still include some or all of the extras.  The "established standard" seems to lean towards including them over not including them.  My guess is these buyers know you have (or had) these items and that most sellers are ready to part with them... they figure why not ask?  But I wouldn't feel any obligation to do so... unless your listing implied it.

• Like 2

All of the earliest listings for "Lego Space Slug" included the poster, polybag, etc.  Looks like a little over half of current listings still include some or all of the extras.  The "established standard" seems to lean towards including them over not including them.  My guess is these buyers know you have (or had) these items and that most sellers are ready to part with them... they figure why not ask?  But I wouldn't feel any obligation to do so... unless your listing implied it.

Good job. It doesn't seem quite so strange now...

Just located someone pre selling: Escape The Space Slug Set (replica) he is asking $109.99

I sold my real one for bank & I just ordered the pieces earlier today to build my own replica for about $30.00

These are the nuts that go into the fruitcake :beerhat:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-ESCAPE-THE-SPACE-SLUG-Set-Star-Wars-2016-LOOSE-parts-no-box-Pre-Order-/182116322594?hash=item2a66fa8d22:g:8mEAAOSw9ZdXJ2jE

Edited by Deanfjr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Just for everyones info you can't pick and choose who you want sell to on ebay. If someone has followed all the guidelines of the auction and won or purchased, you don't have the choice of whether or not to ship it.

If you want to pick who you sell to, start at a high buy it now with a best offer. Then you can select the offers as they come in and deny anyone you choose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, micbelt said:

Shipping address is Plano, Texas.

I live in Plano Texas (trust me, its not me). If only I had an address to drive by and see if hes building some sort of sick diorama in front of his home. 

None of these have shown up on the local Craigslist, not to mention there is a pretty large concentration of middle eastern or asian demographic in parts of Plano. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an international plan of some sort.

53 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

24 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Reported

Do we really have to be looking for an opportunity to hurt other sellers? - This seller doesn't seem to be trying to scam or mislead anyone. There isn't a clearer way to convey exactly what they are selling (a complete set w/o the minifigs).

It's mentioned in the title, and detailed in the listing - Most anyone looking at this listing would know exactly what the listing is for.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, KShine said:

Do we really have to be looking for an opportunity to hurt other sellers? - This seller doesn't seem to be trying to scam or mislead anyone. There isn't a clearer way to convey exactly what they are selling (a complete set w/o the minifigs).

It's mentioned in the title, and detailed in the listing - Most anyone looking at this listing would know exactly what the listing is for.

Item specifics

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's listing for full details.

LEGO BIG BANG THEORY LIVING ROOM SET #21302 (NO MINIFIGS) NEW COMPLETE IN BOX!!

It's breaking listing practices rules.  But whatever.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, KShine said:

I've softened my views of sellers using "NEW" for opened/parted out sets over the years since eBay seems oblivious to the problem of only having NEW and USED as option, but seller's who can't come up with an appropriate title are either morons or trying to lure in potential buyers which I find deceitful.

OLD TITLE: LEGO BIG BANG THEORY LIVING ROOM SET #21302 (NO MINIFIGS) NEW COMPLETE IN BOX!!

NEW TITLE: LEGO BIG BANG THEORY LIVING ROOM SET #21302 NEW NO MINIFIGS

There, if we look beyond the new or used dilemma, it took me 5 seconds to think of something appropriate.

• Like 3