Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

1 minute ago, Lordoflego said:

Spoke on the phone with ebayer who allerted me about it, he said that he requested other items with his slug (poly and poster) that he didn't have included but at the end buyer backed off from those requests....

My buyer requested the poster, polybag, and VIP invite.  Told them the kids already claimed them, and he did the BIN anyway.

I've just done some checking, and the user name on my buyer isn't matching the high bidder on a number of these sets that are up for auction.  So mine may just be a coincidence. 

18 minutes ago, KShine said:

That buyer is making a somewhat risky bet, for a payout that (even if won) would (in my opinion) be limited.

I would expect this one to settle out between 125-150 (but you never know). 

That's why I got out last night.  I was on the plus side of $200, and very happy.  I was thinking $150, but I'll take more without question.

8 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

This is scary...

The invite was generic.  No personal info on the invite, so it wasn't a big deal to me.  But the kids wanted it, so it's theirs.

• Like 1

This same buyer bought from me on Saturday night big texas and had 251 feedback. He asked for me to include the hoth poster that was not listed in my auction. He paid already, but I was going to ship today. Is this a scam of some sort?

* mod note: yes we should not post full names just in case *

If you've got Paypal seller protection, no use wondering if it's a scam or not... just  ship it.

Hey, if a buyer wants several of these, how else is he going to get them?  He probably has buyers in Vietnam and Hong Kong, already lined up and ready to pay $1000 each. :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

If you've got Paypal seller protection, no use wondering if it's a scam or not... just  ship it.

Hey, if a buyer wants several of these, how else is he going to get them?  He probably has buyers in Vietnam and Hong Kong, already lined up and ready to pay $1000 each. :)

Yeah It could be this - whenever I sell on eBay I avoid international shipping like the plague as I am sure many others do.  Maybe he's got a good international system lined up and is just flipping these right away.

Could explain why he needs the extras like the polybags and posters- might have already promised them to other buyers.

@micbelt can you remove the sellers ebay name from your post (or can a mod step in and do this)?

16 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Yeah It could be this - whenever I sell on eBay I avoid international shipping like the plague as I am sure many others do.  Maybe he's got a good international system lined up and is just flipping these right away.

Could explain why he needs the extras like the polybags and posters- might have already promised them to other buyers.

You are missing out on a lot .... EBay's GSP (Global Shipping Program) is awesome - you only pay for shipping to KY, they take care of the rest. Just make sure that when you ship items that are collectible (e.g. mint box condition) you mark clearly on all sides of your wrapped inner box that they should not unpack it further (I recall somebody reporting a totally trashed LEGO box because the Pitney Bowes guys removed all the bubblewrap/doubleboxing and sent it that way).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

@micbelt can you remove the sellers ebay name from your post (or can a mod step in and do this)?

You are missing out on a lot .... EBay's GSP (Global Shipping Program) is awesome - you only pay for shipping to KY, they take care of the rest. Just make sure that when you ship items that are collectible (e.g. mint box condition) you mark clearly on all sides of your wrapped inner box that they should not unpack it further (I recall somebody reporting a totally trashed LEGO box because the Pitney Bowes guys removed all the bubblewrap/doubleboxing and sent it that way).

I'll have to do some research on it... Just had bad experiences in the past either not charging enough for international or with claims.

I mostly sell Comic Books on eBay with some Lego and other toys mixed in on occasion.  I will give GSP some thought though.  Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

You guys have to give us a chance... or use the "report post" feature with a reason and a) it'll notify the admins right away and b ) won't clog the forums.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gregpj said:

You guys have to give us a chance... or use the "report post" feature with a reason and a) it'll notify the admins right away and b ) won't clog the forums.

Sorry, couldn't find the "report post" feature - was looking for it specifically - but now I see I was not looking above the post so didn't see it next to the "Posted x mins ago" label. My bad.

1 hour ago, micbelt said:

This same buyer bought from me on Saturday night big texas and had 251 feedback. He asked for me to include the hoth poster that was not listed in my auction. He paid already, but I was going to ship today. Is this a scam of some sort?

* mod note: yes we should not post full names just in case *

This guy sounds like a demanding tool in my opinion. 

• Like 1

My wife did some sleuthing based off the shipping address he gave and he has sold some stuff on eBay uk but not in the last year. He was actually nice in his messages, I just thought it was odd that my bin price was $299.99 and he offered $298 and he asked for the hoth poster that was not in the listing. I told him I would throw it in and he asked if I could ship in unfolded.

12 minutes ago, micbelt said:

My wife did some sleuthing based off the shipping address he have and apparently he is a reseller on eBay uk. He was actually nice in his messages, I just thought it was odd that my bin price was $299.99 and he offered $298 and he asked for the hoth poster that was not in the listing. I told him I would throw it in and he asked if I could ship in unfolded.

The return of "he who shall not be named" ??? :devil: