Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

19 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Not eBay but Craigslist. I hope no one is stupid enough to buy.

Disney CMF.jpg

Whats wrong with this? Items often sell at a high premium before their official release date. 

I would add that while I don't understand the reasoning behind the people who buy overpriced items from me, I would never call them stupid. They find some satisfaction in buying stuff just the same as I do in selling.

Edited by Migration
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Migration said:

Whats wrong with this? Items often sell at a high premium before their official release date. 

I'm thinking the same. Someone obviously took the whole shelf at a Target where these were already out and is trying to make the best of it. I've flipped S15 when they were not yet available broad-scale (not on CL but on EBay) ... great way to make a few bucks.

Anyone here recently bought some cheap damaged-box SW EP7 sets on eBay? Especially 75103 from a seller with 4-letter ID? Did you or have you opened your set? I got a set without minifigs and now apparently am accused of being the guilty party. I could seriously use some of your advise or hear your story. Per site policy, I think we can't discuss further about the seller so PM me is fine too. Thanks.

Anyone here recently bought some cheap damaged-box SW EP7 sets on eBay? Especially 75103 from a seller with 4-letter ID? Did you or have you opened your set? I got a set without minifigs and now apparently am accused of being the guilty party. I could seriously use some of your advise or hear your story. Per site policy, I think we can't discuss further about the seller so PM me is fine too. Thanks.

No naming of seller please (thank you for abiding already).

File a claim back with eBay. If it's not as advertised then you are covered.

It might not have been the seller though. Seller could have bought it and not realized the figs had been removed. However if it was being sold for cheap, they might have already been gone.

8 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

No naming of seller please (thank you for abiding already).

File a claim back with eBay. If it's not as advertised then you are covered.

It might not have been the seller though. Seller could have bought it and not realized the figs had been removed. However if it was being sold for cheap, they might have already been gone.

I know that might not be the seller's fault as I've read enough on the site that fishy seal sets are in fact out there so I have been sympathetic and tried to work with the seller. But today my day has been doomed and my mood being down for a bit after reading the message that seemly accuses me of stealing the minifigs. Speechless though. (If I were to do so, why haven't I when I bought sets more valuable from seller with even lower feedback?) The seller seems to have good feedback. That's why I tried to work with her from the beginning. But I think my being considerate and polite did not bring it to a good end so far. Instead of looking into her sources, she's accusing me. That's why I am very curious and put myself here to ask if anyone here has gotten any sets recently on eBay and opened them. First, I'm wondering if they would have the same issue. Second, is more an advice that you do open and make sure the minifigs are in fact there. (sigh)

Edited by cissi

2 hours ago, cissi said:

I know that might not be the seller's fault as I've read enough on the site that fishy seal sets are in fact out there so I have been sympathetic and tried to work with the seller. But today my day has been doomed and my mood being down for a bit after reading the message that seemly accuses me of stealing the minifigs. Speechless though. (If I were to do so, why haven't I when I bought sets more valuable from seller with even lower feedback?) The seller seems to have good feedback. That's why I tried to work with her from the beginning. But I think my being considerate and polite did not bring it to a good end so far. Instead of looking into her sources, she's accusing me. That's why I am very curious and put myself here to ask if anyone here has gotten any sets recently on eBay and opened them. First, I'm wondering if they would have the same issue. Second, is more an advice that you do open and make sure the minifigs are in fact there. (sigh)

I would assume that the seller didn't sell a set without minifigs on purpose either. If the seals looked okay that is. I would just call LEGO and tell them (potentially with info from the seller on where the set originally came from). They might be able to address this for you.

6 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Are they messaging you or lowballing? Setting minimum accepted prices on OBO listings has probably saved me days of wasted time haggling with people who wanted to rip me off.

Just messages.  I do not play the OBO games.  Best Buy do not do OBO at their stores, why should I? My (eBay mandated) return policy is already better than theirs :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

I love the title and description.  Hopefully the proceeds from this sale will go towards the purchase of a smartphone. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Imperial-Star-Destroyer-2014-75055-this-is-the-wrong-75055-/182095629216?hash=item2a65becba0:m:mqqICZKIeGOYMxQIcTSnb5w

OMG! How can you not know how to add a picture and completely rely on eBay providing them?  Oh yeah, I must remind myself what thread I'm in. Amazing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lodibricks said:

OMG! How can you not know how to add a picture and completely rely on eBay providing them?  Oh yeah, I must remind myself what thread I'm in. Amazing.

Funny thing is this isn't the first time I've seen this pic on an ebay listing for this set (at least this time the seller admits it).
Do some people not know how to search the set for stock photos?  Or use a grammar check in the item details part  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone sold/selling slug-set and has this problem? I woke up this morning to this email from another ebayer and looks like I actually have the same bidder....img][img]

image.jpeg

He may just wanna corner the market. I think I may be missing the issue...

• Like 1

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

Interesting...my buyer meets that same username and feedback criteria.  Mine was a BIN, and he's paid.  Also asked that it come "in mint condition."

Spoke on the phone with ebayer who allerted me about it, he said that he requested other items with his slug (poly and poster) that he didn't have included but at the end buyer backed off from those requests....