Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Fruitcake killed me last week when auction went for decent price, didn't pay (shipping too high), relisted item, another international buyer bids on it (with added info in description that an international buyer didn't check shipping last week)....and doesn't pay, because shipping is too much

• Like 1

Not much of a gripe with someone per se, but i just realized you can view the people who have been auto blocked by your buyer requirement rules! I've had 20-30 blocked in the last couple days alone. Most due to "too many unpaid item strikes". Nice to see those buyers that don't pay for stuff actually getting affected by the unpaid item cases :mad:

Needless to say this is my new favourite page on ebay. 

1 hour ago, Sandwraith said:

Not much of a gripe with someone per se, but i just realized you can view the people who have been auto blocked by your buyer requirement rules! I've had 20-30 blocked in the last couple days alone. Most due to "too many unpaid item strikes". Nice to see those buyers that don't pay for stuff actually getting affected by the unpaid item cases :mad:

Needless to say this is my new favourite page on ebay. 

Soooooo.... how?

47 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Could you post the link to that option, please? Ebay options are like a maze.

7 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Soooooo.... how?

Sure! This might be a tad different as ebay.ca and .com have slight differences, but this is how i got there on .ca:

Home > My eBay > My Account > Site Preferences > Buyer Requirements > Buyer Requirements Activity Log

Wow, re-finding how i got there was a pain... that's why i favourite ever important ebay page haha.

• Like 4

I can't even begin to guess what you'll receive and what the contents will look like from this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Imperial-Star-Destroyer-75055-/182062795868?hash=item2a63c9cc5c:m:mqqICZKIeGOYMxQIcTSnb5w

Listed as 75055, but has a 10030 pictured.

Listed as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item", but description says, "HAS BEEN OPENED BUT NOT YET HAS ANYTHING BEEN TOUCHED ON THIS LEGO SET EXCEPT THE PIECE BAGS HAVE BEEN OPENED. THIS DOES INCLUDE EVERY SINGLE PIECE."

Nothing's been touched except every bag has been opened.  We somehow opened all the bags, but didn't touch any of the LEGO when packaging it for shipping.

My head hurts just viewing that listing.  And, of course, it sold for $200.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I can't even begin to guess what you'll receive and what the contents will look like from this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Imperial-Star-Destroyer-75055-/182062795868?hash=item2a63c9cc5c:m:mqqICZKIeGOYMxQIcTSnb5w

Listed as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item", but description says, "HAS BEEN OPENED BUT NOT YET HAS ANYTHING BEEN TOUCHED ON THIS LEGO SET EXCEPT THE PIECE BAGS HAVE BEEN OPENED. THIS DOES INCLUDE EVERY SINGLE PIECE."

Nothing's been touched except every bag has been opened.  We somehow opened all the bags, but didn't touch any of the LEGO when packaging it for shipping.

The buyer has 497 feedbacks, ie. should know better :mad:

They relisted with the correct photo AND the 10030 photo...

Sold some mega bloks in a lot of minifigures. I happened to sell to the one mega bloks collector snob out there. He says I left a few random pieces out-of a lot (99% minifigs with a few tree stump things), and a cape is different color. I can shenanigans, but no one ever buys mega bloks except this guy. I just about want him to file a SNAD case, because there is no way I would want to keep that crap

• Like 3

Just to carry this tangent further, in most locations ABS is not recyclable, so dumping Mega**** in the recycle bin doesn't do any good.  There are some cities that have pushed recycling to include a broader list of items including ABS, but as far as I can tell, this is city-specific so you would need to research your own.  Here's a general list: http://www.wm.com/thinkgreen/what-can-i-recycle.jsp

One thing I learned is that grocery bags are apparently evil.  Guess I need to stop putting them in the recycle bin.

• Like 1

Just to carry this tangent further, in most locations ABS is not recyclable, so dumping Mega**** in the recycle bin doesn't do any good.  There are some cities that have pushed recycling to include a broader list of items including ABS, but as far as I can tell, this is city-specific so you would need to research your own.  Here's a general list: http://www.wm.com/thinkgreen/what-can-i-recycle.jsp

One thing I learned is that grocery bags are apparently evil.  Guess I need to stop putting them in the recycle bin.

Knowing your location, you should be able to take them to one of the local grocery stores. They usually have bins to recycle the bags. I'm pretty sure I've seen the recycle bins at everything from Albertsons to Sprouts.

There seems to be a lot of Scam activity around the SW set 10188 on ebay UK at the moment !! 

I've watched a few listings appear and sale lately, all for about £70 under what you'd expect.  Users seem to have around 10 (100%) feedback, which is all fabricated nonsense (dvds and books sold for a penny) and the item location always seems to be Essex . . . duplicate pictures are also being used for multiple listings !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-Star-10188-/262357141017?hash=item3d15b44619:g:-fkAAOSwI3RW-QUE

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-Star-10188-OUT-OF-PRODUCTION-RARE-UCS-COLLECTABLE-/172149648499?hash=item2814eb2c73:g:VF0AAOSwzvlW-TYj

I'm sure you guys are all smarter enough not to get involved, but I thought I'd share just in case ! Buyers beware ! Cheers

Sold some mega bloks in a lot of minifigures. I happened to sell to the one mega bloks collector snob out there. He says I left a few random pieces out-of a lot (99% minifigs with a few tree stump things), and a cape is different color. I can shenanigans, but no one ever buys mega bloks except this guy. I just about want him to file a SNAD case, because there is no way I would want to keep that crap

Follow up, I didn't think I could make him happy. I told him if he wasn't satisfied ton return them. He hasn't responded back

1 hour ago, Manse1001 said:

There seems to be a lot of Scam activity around the SW set 10188 on ebay UK at the moment !! 

I've watched a few listings appear and sale lately, all for about £70 under what you'd expect.  Users seem to have around 10 (100%) feedback, which is all fabricated nonsense (dvds and books sold for a penny) and the item location always seems to be Essex . . . duplicate pictures are also being used for multiple listings !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-Star-10188-/262357141017?hash=item3d15b44619:g:-fkAAOSwI3RW-QUE

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-Star-10188-OUT-OF-PRODUCTION-RARE-UCS-COLLECTABLE-/172149648499?hash=item2814eb2c73:g:VF0AAOSwzvlW-TYj

I'm sure you guys are all smarter enough not to get involved, but I thought I'd share just in case ! Buyers beware ! Cheers

I've spotted a few of these myself.  The way too good to be true offers that are very obvious scams. There's a fair few cleverer scam artists around at the moment though. Even as careful as I am, on two occasions I've fallen prey to good but believable deals that have turned out to be scammers. Luckily ebay rocked up and gave me my money back. 

Just so you guys know not everything on ebay is a scam.......the more likely scenario is that newbie lego investor bought a death star to sell. When the time comes to sell it they are also new at the eBay thing. And because everyone here or mosty anywhere wont give zero feedback buyers/sellers a chance, they need to get a few small sales to prove to all the non beleibers that they are legit. That is probably whats going on most of the time. Everyone even top rated sellers and powers sellers had a low amount of feedback at one time. The problem is that all the new members here read this thread and think that everyone is out to scam them. Paranoia is contagious 

• Like 2