Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

34 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm going to need a little more than your word to back that up, please.  Can you point to something?

Buyer loses eBay's money back guarantee protection when they refuse delivery:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

I could not find anything specific on Paypal as far as chargeback on refused items, though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, labfreak7 said:

If the package was refused , the buyer forfeits the item. You are not obligated to issue a refund

Buyer could use the "damaged box" exception loophole after refusing packages.  The tracking info could state refusal reasons if you're delivery man enters them (or customer service)

Note:   If they paid via a credit card on PayPal, they will despute the charge  

Exceptions: 

• The buyer can provide, via written proof from the carrier, that they refused the package because it arrived empty or was damaged in shipping

Checking prices on a few items that have been sitting a while.  Notice that a set has only one other listed.  

Lo and behold, the seller stole my photos then slapped a price $1 less than mine.  It's an open box, so clearly evident the photo is mine.

Just reviewed the eBay policy on this.  Might just have to contact them.

Wow, so even worse, the $150 is a deposit for the pre-order price of $499. I get that the original is retired, but that's a knockoff $100 more than MSRP of the real deal. Aiming high there.

I guess if you're gonna be a knockoff, go big. Oh great, after having said that, I just read their line:
"We are still working on rebuilding more obsolete models, 10196-Grand Carousel, 10143- Death star, 10197-Fire Brigade will be announced soon."

7 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

They sold 5 of those with relistings. I can't believe people are that stupid...

7 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Wow, so even worse, the $150 is a deposit for the pre-order price of $499. I get that the original is retired, but that's a knockoff $100 more than MSRP of the real deal. Aiming high there.

I guess if you're gonna be a knockoff, go big. Oh great, after having said that, I just read their line:
"We are still working on rebuilding more obsolete models, 10196-Grand Carousel, 10143- Death star, 10197-Fire Brigade will be announced soon."

"the $150 is a deposit for the pre-order price of $499" I'm guessing the rest of the money they'll want outside of eBay...

eBay CS confirmed it had multiple issues & she would report it...

Also, no one checks feedback...? 8 negatives & 7 neutrals in a year...

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Usually when Paypal knows about fraudulent activities, the account is going to be banned within days.  So it is kind of a moot point

No, I didn't mean the Paypal account but the person who actually stole someone's Paypal account to purchase item and have it send to himself/herself. In this case, the name and address of this scammer is the key, wouldn't it? :)

Edited by cissi

I just received the "package" of my Lego sets I ordered from Ebay the other day. It was 3 small sets (listed as incomplete), but included minifigures and instructions. 

Well the seller never described that 2/3 of the instructions were missing the covers and falling apart, and the entire set arrived in a manila envelope. Not a bubble mailer, no bubble wrap inside, but pieces placed in zip lock bags, bags placed in manila envelope, and taped up.

On 2/25/2016 at 7:12 PM, Bags751 said:

I just received the "package" of my Lego sets I ordered from Ebay the other day. It was 3 small sets (listed as incomplete), but included minifigures and instructions. 

Well the seller never described that 2/3 of the instructions were missing the covers and falling apart, and the entire set arrived in a manila envelope. Not a bubble mailer, no bubble wrap inside, but pieces placed in zip lock bags, bags placed in manila envelope, and taped up.

I had the exact same problem with the ecto i bought of ebay. He even tired saying i didn't assemble it properly! Parts and pages missing etc. Ebay seem good on refunding buyers but im having trouble as a seller with people saying they did not receive etc. People need to stop being greedy bastards really.

4 minutes ago, wobbl87 said:

I had the exact same problem with the ecto i bought of ebay. He even tired saying i didn't assemble it properly! Parts and pages missing etc. Ebay seem good on refunding buyers but im having trouble as a seller with people saying they did not receive etc. People need to stop being greedy bastards really.

As a rule, I 'generally' use signed for delivery for anything over £10. If it's under a tenner I'll usually take my chances as the money you'll lose usually from 1 buyer claiming non-arrival is usually negligible comapred with the amount of sales of under £10 that do go through successfully. Obviously take into account a buyers feedback etc. That's the tricky thing about selling things for around a tenner and under. If you include the signed for postage cost in the sale price (or separate p&p) then you'll exclude a lot of potential buyers as they will choose to buy slightly cheaper elsewhere so it could stop you from being able to sell sometimes. On the other hand, if you don't use the signed for method, you risk the chance of the buyer fancying a freebie and claiming non-arrival. It's a balancing act that we all have to contend with and it's best to just use your wits with regards to what you're selling, at what price, and how best to maybe bundle things so you can still make yourself a decent profit but still be able to leave a decent buying price for the potential buyer. This is the problem with smaller sets really and why many probably steer clear a lot of the time. I still pick up smaller sets myself at really good prices but then have to wonder how best to sell them safely and still make a few quid. Others may have different experiences and other advice different to mine and I would look forward to hearing them to be honest :)

• Like 1