Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

51 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said: Three magic words when posting on eBay:

Immediate Payment Required

All this time I thought that was my default.

Seriously, before today, all my sales were immediately paid.

Changing all my listings...

You gotta watch your eBay listings like a hawk. I have that stuff happen to me sometimes. That or Free Shipping or what counties I ship to - all occasionally change from my standard.

• Like 3

Sold a large item on eBay ($400+).  Shipping address on eBay matches Paypal.  Shipping addressed was confirmed.  I have USPS tracking that shows the item was delivered on 11/30. The buyer filed an unauthorized payment / chargeback via Paypal. I didn't purchase insurance through USPS. 

I uploaded my USPS tracking # to the Paypal resolution center.  Anything else I need to do?  They didn't contact me at all through eBay ... maybe someone got scammed?

What are my chances of winning this?  Does Paypal typically go to bat for sellers in situations like this? 

8 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Sold a large item on eBay ($400+).  Shipping address on eBay matches Paypal.  Shipping addressed was confirmed.  I have USPS tracking that shows the item was delivered on 11/30. The buyer filed an unauthorized payment / chargeback via Paypal. I didn't purchase insurance through USPS. 

I uploaded my USPS tracking # to the Paypal resolution center.  Anything else I need to do?  They didn't contact me at all through eBay ... maybe someone got scammed?

What are my chances of winning this?  Does Paypal typically go to bat for sellers in situations like this? 

Once the tracking is showing 'delivered' call eBay/PayPal and tell them that you did everything as a seller that you were suppose to do and you don't want to wait days for this case/dispute to be resolved and they will take care of it in you favor right away, I sold ucs ssd for $1100 and same happened, plus couple other times but that one is most memorable, anyway, u should b good.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

As long as the address is PayPal confirmed and you have proof of delivery, seller protection should kick in for this.  PayPal will work it out with the credit card company.   You might have to send them some additional info, but this is how it should work out.

• Like 2

Thanks guys.  I'll give Paypal a call if the case doesn't go anywhere in a couple of days.

Between all this packing and shipping, dealing with potential scammers, buyers complaining about box condition, low ball offers for Deloreans ("my baby wants this for Christmas and everyone is trying to make a huge profit")....selling ain't easy.  

Selling is tough.

And I'm a low volume guy.  I can't imagine what scar tissue some of you veterans have after years of doing business.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Thanks guys.  I'll give Paypal a call if the case doesn't go anywhere in a couple of days.

Between all this packing and shipping, dealing with potential scammers, buyers complaining about box condition, low ball offers for Deloreans ("my baby wants this for Christmas and everyone is trying to make a huge profit")....selling ain't easy.  

Selling is tough.

And I'm a low volume guy.  I can't imagine what scar tissue some of you veterans have after years of doing business.

PayPal actually does usually stick to their timeframes, so I would expect the case to move along to the terms they've outlined.

• Like 2

Selling is tough.

I just spend a little time on /r/LEGO to toughen up my skin. Plenty of cry babies there complaining about resellers to harden me up for the day.

Selling is tough.

I just spend a little time on /r/LEGO to toughen up my skin. Plenty of cry babies there complaining about resellers to harden me up for the day.

• Like 1

Sold a large, but inexpensive item and they're in California so it will cost quite a bit for me to ship this 6lb item to them.  After their purchase, they left me a note, it's all in Chinese characters, except for what appears to look like a 5 digit zip code on the end.  I assume they want it shipped to another address.  I sent them a couple messages already, but I'll probably ask them to modify the shipping address to a PayPal verified address, or attempt to cancel the order.

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Sold a large, but inexpensive item and they're in California so it will cost quite a bit for me to ship this 6lb item to them.  After their purchase, they left me a note, it's all in Chinese characters, except for what appears to look like a 5 digit zip code on the end.  I assume they want it shipped to another address.  I sent them a couple messages already, but I'll probably ask them to modify the shipping address to a PayPal verified address, or attempt to cancel the order.

祝你好運

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

eh.. now you see the pain i have to go through... all my buyers are in east coast and i end up eating quite a lot in shipping.

28 minutes ago, Fcbarcelona101 said:

祝你好運

That's pretty much it, with a zip code on the end.

26 minutes ago, newbie77 said:

eh.. now you see the pain i have to go through... all my buyers are in east coast and i end up eating quite a lot in shipping.

I ship plenty to the west coast, believe me.

I order a random "first class postage" item from eBay last week and it was marked as shipped the next day but has no tracking info with USPS.  I asked the seller about racking information and received a reply this morning:

"I don t have tracking information as it was not included in shipping cost."

What do you mean tracking information wasn't included in shipping cost?  Either use the ebay system or go to a third party supplier (like Office Depot) or pay the extra $.90 or whatever it is.

• Like 1

I order a random "first class postage" item from eBay last week and it was marked as shipped the next day but has no tracking info with USPS.  I asked the seller about racking information and received a reply this morning:

What do you mean tracking information wasn't included in shipping cost?  Either use the ebay system or go to a third party supplier (like Office Depot) or pay the extra $.90 or whatever it is.

I'm pretty sure if you don't receive it, they'll be forced to refund without tracking...

Be nice, they are probably new to the game and didn't want to pay extra ar the post office

1 hour ago, justapilgrim said:

Be nice, they are probably new to the game and didn't want to pay extra ar the post office

1 hour ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Where in the eBay guidelines does it say tracking #s are mandatory?

1 hour ago, justapilgrim said:

They arent, but they protect you

46 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

They aren't, of course, but since it's free when label is printed at home, it is a common and reasonable expectation. 

Shipping in an outer box, or even in brown paper wrapping, for that matter, is not MANDATORY... but it is cheap, common, reasonable, and helps protect you as much if not more than tracking.

Some sellers get it, some don't. This will go on until the end of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grynn said:

Shipping in an outer box, or even in brown paper wrapping, for that matter, is not MANDATORY... but it is cheap, common, reasonable, and helps protect you as much if not more than tracking.

Some sellers get it, some don't. This will go on until the end of time.

Exactly. If your best argument for what you do is, "well it's technically not against any rules" you are a crappy seller.