Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Hey guys. I'm sure I've read notes on this before, likely one of the 99 pages in this thread.... I've just gone back 5 pages and skimmed, not seeing it so I'll just ask the question again ...

Recently sold an item on ebay (not Lego, I know, blasphemy right?). At the time of listing, I wasn't feeling comfortable with the calculated shipping costs Canada Post was giving on such a large heavy item, did some price checking and found Purolator would be the cheapest option for shipping this item to the US.... so I listed the item as Buy it Now, with Best Offer, and then ticked "Canada Post Expedited Parcel" for domestic, and "Standard Shipping" for US. 

Early Friday morning I got a sale to a Canadian buyer.... however, despite having a specific domestic option that should've been auto-calculated, the sale prompted an invoice. So I did a double check with CPost, got the shipping quote, and invoiced the buyer 10 minutes after he put the purchase in. 

I have since messaged him through ebay, as well as text messaged him through the buyer's phone number I had on the invoice. I haven't heard a peep from the guy 4 days later...

What's my best course of action? How long should I respectfully wait? When I'm done waiting what do I do to relist the item without taking some sort of hit from ebay?

Thanks team. 

24 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Hey guys. I'm sure I've read notes on this before, likely one of the 99 pages in this thread.... I've just gone back 5 pages and skimmed, not seeing it so I'll just ask the question again ...

Recently sold an item on ebay (not Lego, I know, blasphemy right?). At the time of listing, I wasn't feeling comfortable with the calculated shipping costs Canada Post was giving on such a large heavy item, did some price checking and found Purolator would be the cheapest option for shipping this item to the US.... so I listed the item as Buy it Now, with Best Offer, and then ticked "Canada Post Expedited Parcel" for domestic, and "Standard Shipping" for US. 

Early Friday morning I got a sale to a Canadian buyer.... however, despite having a specific domestic option that should've been auto-calculated, the sale prompted an invoice. So I did a double check with CPost, got the shipping quote, and invoiced the buyer 10 minutes after he put the purchase in. 

I have since messaged him through ebay, as well as text messaged him through the buyer's phone number I had on the invoice. I haven't heard a peep from the guy 4 days later...

What's my best course of action? How long should I respectfully wait? When I'm done waiting what do I do to relist the item without taking some sort of hit from ebay?

Thanks team. 

Start a buyer did not pay after 4 days, let ebay handle it and you will receive a credit 4 days later and can relist or have the buyer request to cancel and you can relist immediately.  Of course, the buyer has to reply for this to happen.

On 11/6/2015, 3:30:18, lodibricks said:

Got this message. Bought as a guest user, message sent from a different eBay account.

"An item was received at my home for a _____ who is a minor. He does not work nor has any money. The item was apparently purchased using a credit card directly or to fund a Paypal account tied to a credit card which is not his. How do I return the item?"

Is there no easy way within eBay for a seller to generate a return shipping label? I don't see much for options unless the buyer initiates on his end. I also have zero experience with guest eBay accounts, but it seems from what I've read that they don't have return/refund options available on their end either.

In any event, the kid needs a whooping.

in the holiday spirit, I paid for a return label and messaged them. No response for a week and then i get a chargeback case on PayPal. I sent an email to the paypal/buyer email with the same return info and shipping label attached, no response. So weird. I guess they're now hoping to just keep the set and get the money back?

not how this works.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brickelements said:

It's been a while since my last post...sheesh sounds like a confession.

Anyway.  I bought the listing in the link provided.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111819023792

Anyone willing to read the description and comment on what you believe is included?

Let me guess, you got pieces on picture #2 plus the fort 70410 set... but NOT the Brick Bounty:drag:

13 minutes ago, brickelements said:

It's been a while since my last post...sheesh sounds like a confession.

Anyway.  I bought the listing in the link provided.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111819023792

Anyone willing to read the description and comment on what you believe is included?

Suck it up as an error on my part or go down the path of being one of those guys returning it for item not as described?

I am torn.  I really did believe the customized ship was included when I used BIN.  Extra set of sails...thinking great I add these to components to my own ships.

8 minutes ago, brickelements said:

Suck it up as an error on my part or go down the path of being one of those guys returning it for item not as described?

I am torn.  I really did believe the customized ship was included when I used BIN.  Extra set of sails...thinking great I add these to components to my own ships.

I can't tell if that guy was just so proud of his modifications or was trying to fool a buyer into believing they were getting the whole ship.  That listing and title could have been written more clearly.

I have already contacted the seller.  He believes the written description is clear.

We do not agree on it.  I asked to initiate a return.  He refused to do so.

The formal dispute is the next step.  I am just trying to make sure I am not the only one who is not clear on what is included.

He has not left any feedback yet. I currently enjoy 100% positive feedback (798) and I don't want to get that messed up.

6 minutes ago, brickelements said: He has not left any feedback yet. I currently enjoy 100% positive feedback (798) and I don't want to get that messed up.

Your feedback will be fine. Sellers cannot leave neutral or negative feedback for buyers. 

Which is complete BS.

Please take 3 weeks to pay and try and feedback extort me, and I'll leave you...oh wait...+ feedback.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alucard1982 said:

Which is complete BS.

Please take 3 weeks to pay and try and feedback extort me, and I'll leave you...oh wait...+ feedback.

Yes it is but I remember why they did it. Because lousy sellers were butthurt about getting lousy feedback for their lousy service and used it as revenge against buyers who dared question their methods.

3 hours ago, brickelements said:

I have already contacted the seller.  He believes the written description is clear.

We do not agree on it.  I asked to initiate a return.  He refused to do so.

The formal dispute is the next step.  I am just trying to make sure I am not the only one who is not clear on what is included.

He has not left any feedback yet. I currently enjoy 100% positive feedback (798) and I don't want to get that messed up.

I would SNAD that so fast it would make your head spin. 

• Like 1

While I agree this entire listing is jumbled and misleading, I would have for sure asked questions about what I was getting.  I read it as you were getting spare parts and the extra set, but while that's shown in a couple pictures, so is his moc which is not for sale by the sounds of it.  It's definitely confusing at its surface, but asking a question would have relieved a lot of stress.  Hope all goes well.

• Like 1

I think the listing is very misleading, intentional or not, and if the seller isn't playing ball, a SNAD is in order.  My issues:

1. Description states "and one set" that would lead me to believe the set in question is Brick Bounty since there is NO other mention of the other set in the listing, apart from an open box picture.  If the description had stated the name of the set, there would be no question.

2. The title says nothing about the other set, it only states "lot of huge extra parts" and "Lego Pirates The Brick Bounty".

3. The item description states the listing is "New" when eBay policy, right or wrong, is clear that any sets that are opened cannot be listed as "New".  

I'm surprised this seller is sticking to his guns as he is staring down the barrel of a second neg, and this listing has so many holes in it.  

Good luck.