Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Guest brickcrazyhouse

With feedback you can automatically leave it when a buyer leaves positive feedback or when they pay. You can choose from about 5 ebay supplied messages or make your own. If you want to see some hilarious feedback comments go check out what DNIIM leaves for people (his banner it at top of page).

DNIM 's feedback crack me up the last one was "You the man now dog!"

This may belong in the complaint thread or the fruitcakes running eBay thread but seriously eBay WTF?

I pretty much use the eBay ipad app for everything except printing labels, just to set the stage. So in the last hour it updated to an entirely new app, I know my fault for allowing auto updates, but who does this at the busiest time of the year. I now have to figure out where my stuff that I am selling is because now it looks like one giant pop up sales ad.

I am sure I will like it in the long run but now is not the time to be figuring out an entire GUI especially for us old people

• Like 1

The fruitcakes seem to be running rampant on eBay lately. It's that time of year, so I should not expect any different. The ching ching of the eBay app sure does make one feel good, but the notification that you get when you have message from a buyer causes the exact opposite! Ugh, what next. There must be something in the water.

• Like 1

Not eBay, but just another one of these fun messages:

"Would you be willing to sell the Batbot to me at the low, low realistic, un-gouging, retail price of just $60?"

Responded

"Thanks for your inquiry, I understand you are interested in the price of the Fisher-Price Batbot. Unfortunately we can not make price modifications for this item as the price has been set based on market demand. 

Thanks for your interest.

Have a Happy Holiday Season"

• Like 1

Yeah, the fees are really starting to get to me.  I no longer track my own profit; I just target a certain level of eBay + PayPal fees for the year and sell what it takes to get there.  Worst part is, they don't even have your back these days.  Buyers file SNAD claims just to avoid paying return shipping, and you get eBay demerits in addition to the privilege of paying for the buyer's return shipping and being forced to refund their payment in full.  On the bright side, in six months it will be too late for today's buyers to file SNAD claims through PayPal.  I'm counting the minutes...

Bought another used set on ebay that the description says is "complete".  Of course upon taking 10 minutes in inspect the 48 pieces set, it is missing 5 pieces which I do not have.  I contacted the seller 2 days ago but he/she hasn't gotten back to me.  I plan on waiting another day or 2 before leaving feedback.  Should I go with neutral feedback or negative. 

This reminds me of a purchase I made a while back.  It was for a used 6600 Highway construction.  There was a picture of the set built and the listing said "all parts are present."  When I got the item and built it, it turned out they had built it wrong and about 10% of the pieces were missing.  I contacted the seller and said there were pieces missing.  She became irate and told me, "All parts present means that all the parts in the picture are present." 

Later, as the transaction continued to deteriorate, she told me that the set had been her sons before he passed away and he was very meticulous about his legos and he wouldn't have lost any pieces.  His set must not have come with the pieces that I claimed were missing.  She offered a refund, but refused to pay for shipping either way.  Fortunately, eBay made her pay for her shipping it to me, but I was still out the cost of shipping it back.....  Her user name is no longer registered.

My recent situation mentioned above was resolved when the seller gave me a partial refund.  I have found that is usually the case with most sellers.  I usually wait until I need a lot of parts and put one big order in from bricklink so if the ebay seller just covers the cost of the pieces, I am satisfied.  If you don't have time to check if the set is complete, just don't label the set as being complete.  Real easy solution. 

I brought this on myself.   :(  I listed a few things on auction since I got the free 1000 auctions per day offer.  One item was sold and the buyer never paid for it and did not respond to emails.  

Now I have to babysit a $60 item that I am losing money on.  Never again.

Edited by Darth_Raichu

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but this is the busy Ebay thread so, how do I offer free standard shipping but paid expedited shipping? I see this all the time in listings where the economy is free and the listing shows up under free shipping but then gives you choices to get priority or express or overnight for more money. I can't figure out how to set that up. Using the advanced listing tool I can either give free shipping or flat or calculated and I can offer different methods but I can't seem to get some free and others paid. Is this part of the tools for people that pay for stores or something?

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but this is the busy Ebay thread so, how do I offer free standard shipping but paid expedited shipping? I see this all the time in listings where the economy is free and the listing shows up under free shipping but then gives you choices to get priority or express or overnight for more money. I can't figure out how to set that up. Using the advanced listing tool I can either give free shipping or flat or calculated and I can offer different methods but I can't seem to get some free and others paid. Is this part of the tools for people that pay for stores or something?

Here is the ebay shipping thread http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/11566-ebaycom-shipping-questions-and-answers/

To answer your question, you click "Offer additional service" under the primary shipping service you offer.  It should bring up an additional line item that you can fill out.

• Like 1

Here is the ebay shipping thread http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/11566-ebaycom-shipping-questions-and-answers/

To answer your question, you click "Offer additional service" under the primary shipping service you offer.  It should bring up an additional line item that you can fill out.

Oh wow I feel dumb. Since there was only one "free shipping" checkbox I assumed it applied to all the services you select not just the first. Now that I think about it that wouldn't make since. Why would I offer different free services? Thanks.

Many times the shipping doesn't display for me.  Ebay glitch or something.

Just ran into that problem this morning at work...

Does the Shipment Tracking window pop up without information?

Try using your mouse to click-and-drag across the window.

The information shows up highlighted...

Noticed an eBay seller who copied my unique product photo and then copied my description word for word.  Absolute height of laziness.  I reported and filed a DMCA, but of course, eBay will take its sweet time.  Very annoying, because any buyers who see both listings could sense there's something strange with two identical listings from two different sellers, and look elsewhere.  Hope it's not someone on here.

Edited by TJ488

Noticed an eBay seller who copied my unique product photo and then copied my description word for word. Absolute height of laziness. I reported and filed a DMCA, but of course, eBay will take its sweet time. Very annoying, because any buyers who see both listings could sense there's something strange with two identical listings from two different sellers. Hope it's not someone on here.

I've had this happen before (they didn't even change the font) & eBay does take their time but eventually they must be told something because their type was changed later. Pic remained the same though.
  • Like 1

I've had this happen before (they didn't even change the font) & eBay does take their time but eventually they must be told something because their type was changed later. Pic remained the same though.

Yeah, I've had to do it once or twice in the past, and I believe eBay has always taken action, but by the time they get around to it, the offending auction is already over or the damage was already done.

• Like 1

^ lol I once shipped 2 buyers each other's parcels by mistake. Managed to get them talking to each other and after I paid them shipping costs they shipped their parcels direct to each other.

Even ended up with 2 positive feedbacks for sorting it out properly.

Learnt my lesson - it hasn't happened again :)

Apologies in advance if this is covered somewhere but I couldn't find it via search.

Paypal locked my account for tax information, which is fine and dandy, BUT they happened to do it right after two people bought arctic icebreakers from me.  As it turns out both tried to pay and it didn't work so they just moved along and bought elsewhere.  But of course it shows as I sold them both to them.  I emailed them both asking them to do a buyer-initiated cancellation so I didn't have to pay fees on these (I've relisted them) but neither have done it or responded.  So, my question is I can end the sale as the seller without getting any sort of ding right?  I am very close to being top rated and do not want to screw it up.