Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

Anyone else having a ton of eBay orders from 0 feedback buyers.... I have about ten today

Yup, I've had a lot. They seem to be legitimate, based on some fact checking, and most of their PP addresses are confirmed. But still, brand new to eBay (as in signed up that day) and very strange usernames.

Anyone else having a ton of eBay orders from 0 feedback buyers.... I have about ten today

I've been getting many. Those "weird" user names are automatically generated and suggested by eBay I believe. Just use tracking like always and should be fine.

What I do with a zero feedback buyer is send them a message thanking them for their purchase, telling them that I can see they are new to Ebay and offering to answer any questions they may have prior to shipment. I have almost no problems with zero feedback buyers. I had way more problems with Russians opening chargebacks and the French customs people stealing items out of my boxes and delivering them, then from zero feedback. If it's a big dollar item and they won't message you back, then I'd likely cancel the sale. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

nope.  this 0 feedback buyer decided $13 postage was too expensive (although he calculated the postage rate prior to using "buy it now".
  so he asked me to cancel it for him AFTER he already paid me using paypal.  oh well... i relisted it.

Are u saying u r cancelling them?
I think I'll ship but just get signatures on them.

What I do with a zero feedback buyer is send them a message thanking them for their purchase, telling them that I can see they are new to Ebay and offering to answer any questions they may have prior to shipment. I have almost no problems with zero feedback buyers. I had way more problems with Russians opening chargebacks and the French customs people stealing items out of my boxes and delivering them, then from zero feedback. If it's a big dollar item and they won't message you back, then I'd likely cancel the sale. Hope this helps.

Thanks!  Any logic behind the zero feedback/brand new buyers with extremely unusual user ids?  Are they temporary or is eBay actually out of anything logical(these are very strange looking with an assortment of characters and an underscore in the two I received today.  

nope.  this 0 feedback buyer decided $13 postage was too expensive (although he calculated the postage rate prior to using "buy it now".

so he asked me to cancel it for him AFTER he already paid me using paypal.  oh well... i relisted it.

:dontknow: But, but, why isn't shipping $3 for a 10 lb package?! I get free shipping on Amazon!!

• Like 1

A majority of my business all year has been 0 or near 0 feedback buyers on eBay. There has never been any trouble, but they also don't remember to leave feedback.  :sorry:  I think it's just parents who are tired of looking or shopping around for something that would rather pay the money online and save the trouble lol! Also, how about those barages of email questions on your products "where can I find this in store? My child really wants this." lol. I get a ton of those a day now. I guess it's to be expected as I sell more hot children's toys than I do Lego.

My favorite week was when I got a shipment of 30 of a new toy a week before release in stores on accident and I was the ONLY seller on eBay. :taunt: That was a fun week.

• Like 1

Thanks!  Any logic behind the zero feedback/brand new buyers with extremely unusual user ids?  Are they temporary or is eBay actually out of anything logical(these are very strange looking with an assortment of characters and an underscore in the two I received today.  

I was wondering this as well

Now it's my turn... Buyer makes a offer on an item which I accepted within 2 hours. Next day he/she asks me (in French) to cancel the transaction, because they "found it cheaper somewhere else". Then they leave the request open for almost a week before accepting. Now I found that they left a neutral, weeks later. Ebay should really block feedback for transactions canceled on buyer's request.

Buy they weren't the only ones this week: potential buyer makes an offer of 80 EUR + 6,90 for shipping. Counteroffer of 85, answer reveived is "done deal if 85 includes postage". Never heard back from her after pointing out that this is actually below her first declined offer...