Are fruitcakes running rampant on eBay lately? Selling, buying, listing, feedback, etc...

jaisonline

I like to think I am a nice guy and when I get a cancel order request on a completed purchase I have not yet shipped I always comply and help the person out.

I do not offer eBay returns as we are not yet forced to do that.

But it is starting to get on my nerve that I lose my one of 500 free store listings per month in the process and that I pay paypal $.30 for every fully refunded transaction at buyers request.

It is life I know but is anyone else bothered by it?

I like to think I am a nice guy and when I get a cancel order request on a completed purchase I have not yet shipped I always comply and help the person out.

I do not offer eBay returns as we are not yet forced to do that.

But it is starting to get on my nerve that I lose my one of 500 free store listings per month in the process and that I pay paypal $.30 for every fully refunded transaction at buyers request.

It is life I know but is anyone else bothered by it?

Annoys me to no end.

Just had a buyer open a non delivery case against me, she states that tracking shows delivered on Oct 1 but she's looked around and can't find it. Would it be rude to ask if she tried looking for it on the day it was delivered? It's been three weeks, I think I would have mentioned something before now. In all seriousness what is a polite way to handle this? My gut instinct is to tell her to go...off.

Dear moron,

I am very sorry that you didn't pick up you Lego set on the day it was delivered and it has disappeared in the intervening three weeks. However, as I fufilled my end of the bargin and shipped the item and USPS tracking shows that it was delivered to your address I suggest that you contact your local post office and ask about it. In the future I recomend you not let packages sit on your porch for three weeks before looking for them. Thank you for adding unneeded stress to an otherwise beautiful day.

Yours truly,

Migration

Ps, I've added you to my blocked list.

Too harsh?

• Like 2

Bought a Falling Water NISB from Ebay. Sold as "Never Opened" and "undamaged box" Arrived with seals cut and re-taped and dents, creases, scrapes and scuffs all over. Seller won't respond. You know, as a seller myself I don't like all these buyer protections, but as a buyer who has dealt with so many crap sellers, I can see why they are needed. Enjoy your chargeback fees and negative feedback scumbag

Bought a Falling Water NISB from Ebay. Sold as "Never Opened" and "undamaged box" Arrived with seals cut and re-taped and dents, creases, scrapes and scuffs all over. Seller won't respond. You know, as a seller myself I don't like all these buyer protections, but as a buyer who has dealt with so many crap sellers, I can see why they are needed. Enjoy your chargeback fees and negative feedback scumbag

So your saying it was in just a little bit worse condition than the ones you find at B&******. ;) Edited by Young_Gun21
  • Like 1

Just had a buyer open a non delivery case against me, she states that tracking shows delivered on Oct 1 but she's looked around and can't find it. Would it be rude to ask if she tried looking for it on the day it was delivered? It's been three weeks, I think I would have mentioned something before now. In all seriousness what is a polite way to handle this? My gut instinct is to tell her to go...off.

Just respond to the case with the tracking information. If it shows delivered, that's all eBay cares about and it will close in your favor. They MIGHT, if the buyer doesn't pull this crap often, issue her a courtesy refund from their own pockets.

If you do give her advice on contacting the post office etc., give it very politely. You do not need to look like a jerk in a response that eBay will review if the buyer escalates the claim (that she will still lose, but don't make it hard on yourself.)

• Like 4

Just respond to the case with the tracking information. If it shows delivered, that's all eBay cares about and it will close in your favor. They MIGHT, if the buyer doesn't pull this crap often, issue her a courtesy refund from their own pockets.

If you do give her advice on contacting the post office etc., give it very politely. You do not need to look like a jerk in a response that eBay will review if the buyer escalates the claim (that she will still lose, but don't make it hard on yourself.)

Always do what the Frog says. Thanks.

Most of that was just "venting". On a related note the quality of the operators that EBay uses has gone downhill dramatically in the last few years.

Edited by Migration
  • Like 2

so i purchased something mentioned in another thread (turned out to be fake 10179 stickers).

here are some "funny" yet "sad" quotes from the seller after I opened a dispute case when the seller wouldn't give me a prepaid label because he  /she thought i was lying.

quotes are in order from oldest to newest.   the seller is all over the place in the conversation. 

Hello i received a request to return item... this item is not countefeit. As you can see from my feedback I am a reliable seller with a lot of positive feedback. I obtained this item as surplus through a German reseller with direct contact to Lego factory, as I believe they are in process of producing a reissue of 10179 set, possibly for 2015 or 2016 release. I obtain a number of second quality items this way.

i do not currently have one of the stickers from years ago to compare to, but as mentioned i do believe this to be authentic.  One thing i do know is that Lego changes things a lot lately, such as color quality of bricks, even subtle ABS plastic differences.

I'm a bit hesitant to send a prepaid label without knowing the mistake is on my end.   if the package is not completely damaged you can usually give it to your post office carrier and write RETURN TO SENDER on it, and they should not charge you for postage. It is supposed to be for packages that are unopened so if you tape it up carefully this should be sufficient.

Second I do not even know how to do prepaid labels for someone else, I've never even done one in my life, that is usually something done by big corporations. This sticker is not fake,

since you mentioned the negative feedback previously yet keep insisting that i pay for return shipping. If I send you $5, will you agree to not post neutral/negative feedback, or are you going to post that regardless?   Needless to say I would be more inclined to pay for return shipping if I thought there was a chance you would leave positive feedback.

the negative feedback just seems based on bitterness when this was out of my control and I still don't know if the sticker is actually fake or not, although I do appreciate your careful analysis and I respect your insistence.

i understand where you are coming from and i apologize for seeming stubborn which i now understand why you felt that way. ...Again i apologize if this seemed stubborn at first. It also helps me to determine who is a legitimate return and who isn't...So by maintaining a tight ship on my end I try to weed out the problem buyers.   I would encourage you to not jump to the dispute so quickly next time with a seller with good feedback. In that scenario I may have ultimately reimbursed you return postage in the end anyways. I have a couple more of these stickers but will not be selling anymore until I find out what the deal is with these.

--- note: I only gave him 5 days to resolve this before involving ebay.

Dear moron,

I am very sorry that you didn't pick up you Lego set on the day it was delivered and it has disappeared in the intervening three weeks. However, as I fufilled my end of the bargin and shipped the item and USPS tracking shows that it was delivered to your address I suggest that you contact your local post office and ask about it. In the future I recomend you not let packages sit on your porch for three weeks before looking for them. Thank you for adding unneeded stress to an otherwise beautiful day.

Yours truly,

Migration

Ps, I've added you to my blocked list.

Too harsh?

did they buyer contact you earlier about not receiving the package?

from my own past occurrence:

i had ordered some lego from ebay and the seller was late in shipping i.e. about a week and i forgot about it.  i was away for about 4 weeks.  package was delivered i.e. left on the porch. when i got back i claimed the package from the porch. yes it was sitting there for over 3 weeks.

it could be a legitimate claim as well. (giving them benefit of doubt)

as a buyer, i try to schedule such that i/family/someone is around to get the delivery, but that's not always possible. sometimes there are deals you can't just give up :D and then ....

did they buyer contact you earlier about not receiving the package?

from my own past occurrence:

i had ordered some lego from ebay and the seller was late in shipping i.e. about a week and i forgot about it.  i was away for about 4 weeks.  package was delivered i.e. left on the porch. when i got back i claimed the package from the porch. yes it was sitting there for over 3 weeks.

it could be a legitimate claim as well. (giving them benefit of doubt)

as a buyer, i try to schedule such that i/family/someone is around to get the delivery, but that's not always possible. sometimes there are deals you can't just give up :D and then ....

No contact at all. I have no problem with legitimate claims, but three weeks after the delivery scan? I ship either same day or the next day. Once something sells I want it gone.
  • Like 1

since you mentioned the negative feedback previously yet keep insisting that i pay for return shipping.

You may be on the hook for feedback blackmail. It's best to never, ever mention feedback as a buyer or seller in any messages.

I know you know this, it's more a warning to newer folks on ebay.

• Like 1

No contact at all. I have no problem with legitimate claims, but three weeks after the delivery scan? I ship either same day or the next day. Once something sells I want it gone.

If it's USPS I will offer to help out and open an investigation with the PO myself. I let them know they may be contacted by a federal employee performing the investigation. Miraculously items usually show up the next day.

• Like 2

You may be on the hook for feedback blackmail. It's best to never, ever mention feedback as a buyer or seller in any messages.

I know you know this, it's more a warning to newer folks on ebay.

i believe this wasn't feedback blackmail as i never asked for anything for not leaving negative feedback.  ebay case reps did review all the sitemails (w/ pics).  the ebay rep did mention the $5 comment made by the seller  (on a phone call with ebay).

i did insist on a return label (that eBay ultimately provided) but they were in different site mails and feedback was never mentioned.  like i typed, this seller was all over the place in his / her replies.

yes, newer ebay users and all BP members should know ebay rules.

i believe this wasn't feedback blackmail as i never asked for anything for not leaving negative feedback.  ebay case reps did review all the sitemails (w/ pics).  the ebay rep did mention the $5 comment made by the seller  (on a phone call with ebay).

i did insist on a return label (that eBay ultimately provided) but they were in different site mails and feedback was never mentioned.  like i typed, this seller was all over the place in his / her replies.

yes, newer ebay users and all BP members should know ebay rules.

I also bought a sticker from this seller, I indicated that I though they were fake when compared with a legit one.   I was just gonna pay the return shipping, but yesterday in response to your claim he responded that he had also had another buyer indicate they thought they were fake and that he had also decided they were fake as well and that he would give a refund and that I did not need to send it back at all. That was last night, I have yet to receive the refund yet.

• Like 1

Just kinda curious about some of the stranger stuff people around here have sold (or attempted to) on eBay. I think for me it would either be a bunch of empty camera boxes that someone in my neighborhood put out for trash ($25 each for various Nikon DSLR boxes) or a pair of broken RayBans ($65 missing one lense and the other scratched), I know y'all can beat those.

Just kinda curious about some of the stranger stuff people around here have sold (or attempted to) on eBay. I think for me it would either be a bunch of empty camera boxes that someone in my neighborhood put out for trash ($25 each for various Nikon DSLR boxes) or a pair of broken RayBans ($65 missing one lense and the other scratched), I know y'all can beat those.

All my old shoes that are beat to death.

Cd jewel case that I took from the cds I was selling.

A super Nintendo manual all 11 pages with rips and all for 200.00

An iron maiden shirt with arm pit stains and massive fading for 93.00

Edited by hxckid88

I bought a pair of Kobe 6s for $90 and wore them for 2 summer basketball seasons and a winter basketball season. Then sold them for $75.

Them:  "I am a whole lot disappointed in the figurine. I was looking for the working Barkley for in game (Trap Team) not the Frito Lay sidekick. I did not see any mention of it being a sidekick. If I did I would not of ordered it."

Me: "Both the Item Title and the Item Description describe the item as "SKYLANDERS GIANTS SIDEKICKS BARKLEY INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER PACK"."

Them:  "Sorry It did not register."

Edited by imirish11