Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

Provided you don't have a different return policy set up (i,e that you'll pay return shipping in all cases), they'll back you on it.

This guy doesn't want to return anything, he just wants free money to fall from the sky. If every seller involved reports him, it will go very badly for him. I know there's a myth that eBay doesn't protect sellers, but if you take care of your end and have a good record with them, they absolutely do.

Yes true, they protect sellers - you just have to be a bit more persistent than if you are a buyer.

They also protect you as a seller more if you also buy a lot with the same account.

hmmm, not sure why the scammer did such stupid thing.  Wouldn't it be easier if he just files an ebay claim saying the seller shipped him the wrong Lego set?  or shipped him a completely something else?   Then he will just get a full money back, no?

if he opens 10 cases on 10 sellers who all deny the allegations, ebay will notice hes up to something fishy. what he's doing is feedback extortion, no cases opened therefore there is no paper trail. he's just trying to cover his tracks as best as he can without getting caught, and it's worked so far... 520 feedback rating is nothing to sneeze at.

I have found this guy's profile, but can't seem to find how/where to block him from buying from me. can someone please point me in the right direction? looking at the feedback he has left for others, it appears he is quick to pull the trigger on leaving negative feedback for petty issues that the sellers seem to be blindsided with. I would prefer not to deal with this clown at all in the future if possible.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the eBay page. Click on Site Map. In the middle of Site Map there should be an option of Block Bidder/Buyer List. If you can't find it, use Ctrl + F and find Block Bidder/Buyer List. Hope this helps.

i set a trap for an ebay scammer and caught one red handed.

so a fellow named REVERSALTRADER bought 5 41999 crawlers off me. as well as many other's from many other people. needless to say a fellow ebay seller contacted me a few days ago with this message: "I also sold a 41999 crawler to reversaltrader. Have they made a claim for a damaged package to you? They state mine arrived damaged and a friend of mine also sold them one and they state the same thing." thankfully he did not claim any items were damaged from me, but i did give this fellow seller some advice:

"bottom line is i would not take him seriously until he sends pictures of whatever damage hes talking about, bc he could just be lying to try and get a few bucks back. (have your friend do the same thing and see if he sends a picture of the same box to both of you, then you can just report him to ebay and not have to deal with anything)" this seller followed my advice and compared the picture's he received from reversaltrader with the ones his/her friend received AND THEY WERE PICTURES OF THE SAME BOX!! ?and get this the seller who contacted me has found a third seller who was getting extorted out of 100$ for a supposedly damaged box. so we are having seller #3 ask for pictures of the damage as well, and seeing if he also gets the picture of the same box. it looks like reversaltrader sat on top of his boxes and is trying to get money for it from all his sellers. so if you sold any crawlers to reversaltrader (i know some of you have posted that you did) beware of his damaged box scam, and if he try's it on you, report him.

So did he claim the damage from the hot dog stand dimples or just blowing smoke? 

So did he claim the damage from the hot dog stand dimples or just blowing smoke? 

he bought crawlers from 16 different people. then he punched one in and messaged three sellers "if you don't give me a 100$ refund im going to leave negative feedback for a damaged item". when the sellers messaged him for pictures of the damage he sent the same picture to all 3 sellers. (not to mention a damaged box crawler is only about 30$ less than a mint box). i'm assuming he picked out the sellers with the low feedback score, thinking their new ebayers he can scam.

he bought crawlers from 16 different people. then he punched one in and messaged three sellers "if you don't give me a 100$ refund im going to leave negative feedback for a damaged item". when the sellers messaged him for pictures of the damage he sent the same picture to all 3 sellers. (not to mention a damaged box crawler is only about 30$ less than a mint box). i'm assuming he picked out the sellers with the low feedback score, thinking their new ebayers he can scam.

That 3 counts of fraud and extortion right there.  Can you get law enforcement involve with this, it's cross statelines so the FBI?

Why don't all of you guys message him back the same day, prove to him you know he's attempting to defraud everyone. Then tell him to close his ebay account, NOW, or you're all going to share your story with ebay AND the proper authorities. Tell him he's not the only person on ebay who can throw around threats, and yours are legitimate. No mercy for ebay scumbags.

Block him all you want, it won't help the next seller he scams. Here we have a case of proven fraud and the best this community can manage is talk. Grow some balls; see my suggestion above.

I've read your suggestion but I don't see how your suggestion would help stop what he's doing. Do you think if he close his account he won't make another one under another name? Or how about using another person to make an account and buy it from honest sellers? I don't think so. This guy is not going to stop until he's caught by authority or get arrested due to his scams. The best way to do this is not telling him what we're going to do but rather report him and let authorities deal with him. 

I've read your suggestion but I don't see how your suggestion would help stop what he's doing. Do you think if he close his account he won't make another one under another name? Or how about using another person to make an account and buy it from honest sellers? I don't think so. This guy is not going to stop until he's caught by authority or get arrested due to his scams. The best way to do this is not telling him what we're going to do but rather report him and let authorities deal with him.

Losing his 500+ feedback score would probably hurt him plenty. But if you think you can get him arrested instead, all the better.

Authorities would most likely do nothing. 

so.........2 members here sold him crawlers with NO issues.  We were both contacted by this person stating that him, "his friend" and "some dude" were getting "scammed" by this person.  So......are we going to take the word of the 2 REAL members here--and his 500 feedbacks over years of Ebay---or---some dude and his "friends".

I also received the email from him telling me about the "scam" and ignored it.  Guy chang or whatever paid me instantly, and signed for his package.  There is no "scam".

The following is in response to your August 14, 2013 request for delivery information on

your Signature Confirmation

so.........2 members here sold him crawlers with NO issues. We were both contacted by this person stating that him, "his friend" and "some dude" were getting "scammed" by this person. So......are we going to take the word of the 2 REAL members here--and his 500 feedbacks over years of Ebay---or---some dude and his "friends".

I also received the email from him telling me about the "scam" and ignored it. Guy chang or whatever paid me instantly, and signed for his package. There is no "scam".

Good point. I just re-read the whole thread, and noone here was actually scammed. Even Metsrock, the OP, heard about it secondhand.

Willy and Barca, be sure to let us know if you eventually have problems with this guy.