Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

i set a trap for an ebay scammer and caught one red handed.

so a fellow named REVERSALTRADER bought 5 41999 crawlers off me. as well as many other's from many other people. needless to say a fellow ebay seller contacted me a few days ago with this message: "I also sold a 41999 crawler to reversaltrader. Have they made a claim for a damaged package to you? They state mine arrived damaged and a friend of mine also sold them one and they state the same thing." thankfully he did not claim any items were damaged from me, but i did give this fellow seller some advice:

"bottom line is i would not take him seriously until he sends pictures of whatever damage hes talking about, bc he could just be lying to try and get a few bucks back. (have your friend do the same thing and see if he sends a picture of the same box to both of you, then you can just report him to ebay and not have to deal with anything)" this seller followed my advice and compared the picture's he received from reversaltrader with the ones his/her friend received AND THEY WERE PICTURES OF THE SAME BOX!! ?and get this the seller who contacted me has found a third seller who was getting extorted out of 100$ for a supposedly damaged box. so we are having seller #3 ask for pictures of the damage as well, and seeing if he also gets the picture of the same box. it looks like reversaltrader sat on top of his boxes and is trying to get money for it from all his sellers. so if you sold any crawlers to reversaltrader (i know some of you have posted that you did) beware of his damaged box scam, and if he try's it on you, report him.

• Like 1

Whats ebay's policy if you guys refused to give him a discount and you told him to return it ar his expense?

Provided you don't have a different return policy set up (i,e that you'll pay return shipping in all cases), they'll back you on it.

This guy doesn't want to return anything, he just wants free money to fall from the sky. If every seller involved reports him, it will go very badly for him. I know there's a myth that eBay doesn't protect sellers, but if you take care of your end and have a good record with them, they absolutely do.

I have found this guy's profile, but can't seem to find how/where to block him from buying from me. can someone please point me in the right direction? looking at the feedback he has left for others, it appears he is quick to pull the trigger on leaving negative feedback for petty issues that the sellers seem to be blindsided with. I would prefer not to deal with this clown at all in the future if possible.

I have found this guy's profile, but can't seem to find how/where to block him from buying from me. can someone please point me in the right direction? looking at the feedback he has left for others, it appears he is quick to pull the trigger on leaving negative feedback for petty issues that the sellers seem to be blindsided with. I would prefer not to deal with this clown at all in the future if possible.

Here ya go. Good to do whenever you hear of a lowly excuse for a human such as this guy...

http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

-PB

• Like 3

Everyone should bookmark this link:

http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?bidderblocklogin

• Like 2

thank you very much polar beast and darth raichu. plus ones for you both, as well as the OP. he is the first blocked buyer on my list. it's too bad there are idiots like this out there who ruin things for others, just for the sake of a few dollars. good luck to those who have sold to this a**hole. keep us posted.