Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

I am not trolling. I'm not ridiculing every post.   Just b/c you do not like what I am saying, does not make me a troll...

I'm not protecting scammers. I'm trying to protect the innocent that might get trapped in your net of circumstantial evidence. (And you from getting sued when you do slander a real business.)  Every witch hunt needs a voice of reason...

I'll move along...the mob might turn on me and continue to blame me for ebay ills. (too late)   I will comment again next week that this thread is a witch hunt so that others don't automatically assume everyone on this list is a scammer. 

Or you could make your own thread and do it there. That is actually the definition of trolling. You have already posted your comments.

@DoNotinsertIntoMouth

Fair enough.

I just dont like to see innocent parties labelled this and that when all looks fine.

I don't like seeing profits ruined by 100s of people underselling everything. Yes, a few innocent may have to relist because they were lazy with their posting. Smaller price to pay than these guys ruining the Ebay market.

I see where legosupertramp and PB are coming from, I really do but all I'm saying is if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, well y'all know the rest. I think there is just a lot of pinned up frustration from scammers on ebay and DNIIM and Diablos are just trying to do some good, can you blame them?

Exactly. I don't understand - oh let's attack the people who are clearly good at spotting it instead of the people doing it.

If someone gets their listing removed, it is their own fault for being too lazy to post the right details or a picture. Worst case scenario, they do that - which cleans up listings. I don't see how either scenario hurts Ebay at all.

A lot of people need posting etiquette.

Or you could make your own thread and do it there. That is actually the definition of trolling. You have already posted your comments.

Nah...I'm a member of this community too and I will post when I disagree where ever I want. 

And I'll repeat myself if I choose to do so.  You can ignore it.  You can put me on your ignore list.

EDIT If posting my disagreements is being a troll then I guess I am and will continue to be...

Both of you are treading on dangerous ground. I strongly recommend stopping here.

It isn't trolling because you don't agree. It is trolling in the manner that you are going about it. 

BTW...Why isn't there an option to -1 posts? I feel like being generous with those right now...

Jeff removed it. They haven't said why but I think there were members going around -1 people they didn't like over and over. Some members who admittedly had one bad comment were being repeatedly down-voted which was unfair.

I agree, this thread is getting dumb and I will probably delete some of these last comments because they do nothing for anyone.  If you want this thread to be of value to people, leave it so that members can come on here and ask for opinions.   "I am looking at this listing, but it looks fishy? What is your opinion?"  In the end its up to the user to decide what they want to do.

I agree, this thread is getting dumb and I will probably delete some of these last comments because they do nothing for anyone.  If you want this thread to be of value to people, leave it so that members can come on here and ask for opinions.   "I am looking at this listing, but it looks fishy? What is your opinion?"  In the end its up to the user to decide what they want to do.

Absolutely fine with me.

I saw a guy posted 5 super star destroyers last night for BIN at 355, free shipping. Was gonna post it today to get thoughts. All are sold already! Guy had extensive selling history, but no Lego. Seemed like some people got a good deal I guess!

Did they sell, or just disappear? I reported that one last night and shortly after it was gone. I thought it was taken down.

This isn't the first time I've heard of this method, and lego is a popular target.

Aha! I get it...Since he could have bought the LEGO's at Target. I'm guessing the pun wasn't intended, but whatever. ;) I think people use LEGO's because it is a little more than suspicious walking out with a $15 60" flat screen...Not suspicious at all walking out with a $20 LEGO set that has an MSRP of $150, especially if you end up talking to the cashiers at my local Targets...They can't tell the difference between a Red Card and a container of potato salad. "Scan it. Oh, doesn't work? Swipe it."  :sick:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-UCS-Super-Star-Destroyer-10221-/251314902503?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item3a838915e7

BRANDNEW PRODUCTS 

I will be quick ship within 2 -> 5 business day if your address is correct and not black list by UPS.

If the tracking status is "Request send to sender" , Please do not worry or open case. That is the case we send the wrong type of LEGO and we will send the correct ,brandnew product the next day.

THANK YOU !

Lol this made me laugh.... The blacklist from ups 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-UCS-Super-Star-Destroyer-10221-/251314902503?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item3a838915e7

BRANDNEW PRODUCTS 

I will be quick ship within 2 -> 5 business day if your address is correct and not black list by UPS.

If the tracking status is "Request send to sender" , Please do not worry or open case. That is the case we send the wrong type of LEGO and we will send the correct ,brandnew product the next day.

THANK YOU !

Lol this made me laugh.... The blacklist from ups 

I saw that one - it was funny. We might send wrong type of Lego...

This is the most obvious one ever:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-LEGO-Monster-Fighters-Haunted-House-10228-/161081102720?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item25812e9180

Look at the feedback. 5-6 people have left negative saying he is drop-shipping a more expensive item with their name on it.

Hmmm, I might have fallen for a scam too.  I won a bid on a brand new SSD late last week on ebay (it was an auction, not BIN) and I already paid for it via Paypal.  According to the estimated delivery date, should be on or before 8/9.  But now I just read about drop shipping and I am started to worry.  The seller has not updated any shipping status yet.  What options do I have now?

Hmmm, I might have fallen for a scam too. I won a bid on a brand new SSD late last week on ebay (it was an auction, not BIN) and I already paid for it via Paypal. According to the estimated delivery date, should be on or before 8/9. But now I just read about drop shipping and I am started to worry. The seller has not updated any shipping status yet. What options do I have now?

As soon as I figured out that the item was being dropshipped, I emailed the seller and asked him to cancel the order and give me a full refund. He never emailed me back, but did refund my purchase through paypal. Best of luck to you!