Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

so.........2 members here sold him crawlers with NO issues.  We were both contacted by this person stating that him, "his friend" and "some dude" were getting "scammed" by this person.  So......are we going to take the word of the 2 REAL members here--and his 500 feedbacks over years of Ebay---or---some dude and his "friends".

I also received the email from him telling me about the "scam" and ignored it.  Guy chang or whatever paid me instantly, and signed for his package.  There is no "scam".

look at his feedback left for others. he rarely leaves positive feedback on items he purchases, yet leaves negative feedbacks very often. also you think 100$ is a normal amount to ask for a damaged box? i sold a damaged box crawler for 420 and a mint box for 450. even if hes not pulling this "damaged box scam". he's definitely doing feedback extortion, which is banned under ebays policies (for obvious reasons).   also i'm in the process of getting the pictures that he sent to the 2 users. 

look at his feedback left for others. he rarely leaves positive feedback on items he purchases, yet leaves negative feedbacks very often. also you think 100$ is a normal amount to ask for a damaged box? i sold a damaged box crawler for 420 and a mint box for 450. even if hes not pulling this "damaged box scam". he's definitely doing feedback extortion, which is banned under ebays policies (for obvious reasons).   also i'm in the process of getting the pictures that he sent to the 2 users. 

His penchant to leave quick negative feedback, and then not bothering to leave any positive feedback since 2012 tells me he is not worth the headache. He is worthy to be blocked. Take that from someone who has been on eBay for over 10 years and has close to 2500 100% positive feedback.

• Like 1

update: the guy confronted the "scammer" about the fact he sent the same pic to 2 different people. to which scammer said it was a mistake and sent a new picture of a different damaged box. i don't know what to make of this maybe it was an honest mistake (i got the whole email conversation forwarded to but his english is no good so its hard to pick up on the vibes) if it is an honest mistake i do feel pretty dumb about posting a thread that hes a scammer. however i would keep him on my ban list just because of his hastiness to leave negative feedbacks... so that's the update, with all the information - people shouldn't jump to conclusions about this guy (as i stupidly did) but rather look at the whole story and decide for oneself what to believe. 

His penchant to leave quick negative feedback, and then not bothering to leave any positive feedback since 2012 tells me he is not worth the headache. He is worthy to be blocked. Take that from someone who has been on eBay for over 10 years and has close to 2500 100% positive feedback.

Guy is a professor at uc berkley. He is investing in these for long term. I offered him 4 more for 4 each. He is thinking on it overnight.

Metsrock is right, and I judged the guy harshly. Did we seriously mention jail?

If I were Willy, I'd make a deal with him. Especially free of ebay fees and putting my feedback rating at risk.

But the truth will out, and his feedback record is cause enough for a block. He'll stay on my list for now.

update: the guy confronted the "scammer" about the fact he sent the same pic to 2 different people. to which scammer said it was a mistake and sent a new picture of a different damaged box. i don't know what to make of this maybe it was an honest mistake (i got the whole email conversation forwarded to but his english is no good so its hard to pick up on the vibes) if it is an honest mistake i do feel pretty dumb about posting a thread that hes a scammer. however i would keep him on my ban list just because of his hastiness to leave negative feedbacks... so that's the update, with all the information - people shouldn't jump to conclusions about this guy (as i stupidly did) but rather look at the whole story and decide for oneself what to believe. 

Guy is a professor at uc berkley. He is investing in these for long term. I offered him 4 more for 4 each. He is thinking on it overnight.

Forgive me for being skeptical, but those 2 underlined parts do not gel very well.

Uggh.. I think I hit another one. This one seemed legit, but as I was breaking down the box today, I noticed that the item had been shipped directly from Barnes and Noble and was bought for ~$30 more than I paid on ebay. I called Barnes and Noble and they were useless.. they didn't even seem to understand, let alone care. It did seem to be bought purely via credit card, no coupons or gift cards.

I've contacted the seller to see if they can explain.... not sure what else to do at this point. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271259521335

Feedback score of 408. This is the first item they have sold since 2011. They say their buy it now price was what they owed for rent. Also, their profile pic is of a small child, so I am guessing it is most likely a woman? Maybe one that needs money quick for rent and decided to sell her boyfriend or husbands "toy"? Who knows. I think it is legit. This seller is only about 90 minutes from me too. Wish I would have seen this. I would have made the drive to check it out. Picture looks good too, but what's with only charging $7.45 for shipping? There were no bids, so it looks like she got here buy it now rent money and is happy with that. She could have gotten 3 months worth of rent money though.

Feedback score of 408. This is the first item they have sold since 2011. They say their buy it now price was what they owed for rent. Also, their profile pic is of a small child, so I am guessing it is most likely a woman? Maybe one that needs money quick for rent and decided to sell her boyfriend or husbands "toy"? Who knows. I think it is legit. This seller is only about 90 minutes from me too. Wish I would have seen this. I would have made the drive to check it out. Picture looks good too, but what's with only charging $7.45 for shipping? There were no bids, so it looks like she got here buy it now rent money and is happy with that. She could have gotten 3 months worth of rent money though.

Yeah definitely - hope they remembered Ebay fees.

Excellent deduction Watson!

What did you say to them? That they sold it for far less than it was worth?

Mainly just asked if they have other sets for sale since I'm so close.

Keep us posted on that. I am curious if this was legit or a scam. I am leaning towards legit. They needed money fast and didn't realize what it was truly worth. Thanks.

Will do