Let's get proactive about LEGO scams on eBay.

StarPod

This thread has 15 followers. Yet each posted suspicious listing is only getting one or two people saying they reported it or didn't.

....I hope this thread isn't being lurked in order to learn about great deals on ebay. We're not fooling around here. If you buy a $370 Death Star from a listing I suggest is fraudulent, you're gonna have a bad time. I'm talking to the newbies with more money than sense, and the vets who should have the sense to know better.

Disclaimer: Don't come crying to me when it turns out you're not so clever after all.

Now you know that is happening. All the listings posted here get sold within a day it seems. I still however think its a bit overboard and you are never gonna get anywhere with eBay. There are thousands of dropshippers on eBay for millions of items and most are legit. The only concrete proof you are gonna get that the others are scams is by buying the set.

I pointed out a "most likely" reproduction bane figure that a person in Korea keeps selling for a lot of money and I didn't get a response :hmm:   It this thread only about "drop shipping"? I think it is important to point out fraudulent or reproductions that are not labeled as such too. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Death-Star-10188-Star-Wars-Set-Brand-New-Factory-Sealed-/121149454124?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item1c3511f72c

MISB Death Star. $369. Free expedited shipping. 50 feedback. One negative feedback, in which the buyer states that the seller is dropshipping with a stolen credit card.

I have followed this buyer for a long while now.......now since people are on to him he is listing his stolen sets auction style instead of BIN or best offer so it looks more "legit". What a POS!!

I have followed this buyer for a long while now.......now since people are on to him he is listing his stolen sets auction style instead of BIN or best offer so it looks more "legit". What a POS!!

That guy's stuff is blatantly obvious. Unless he's an employee, there's no legitimate way he can sell those exclusives at those prices and make any money. Anyone with any kind of experience buying and selling LEGO products should be able to see that.

I just called my police station and filed a report about amazon and toysrus.  There is no way they could have been selling the death star and super star destroyer for $360 last month.  What a scam---obviously they were stolen.  My 2 even came in the official lego boxes--not an amazon box.  Also---came with expeditited free shipping, and stock photos.  Actaully, they were only 350 after the amzn rewards came through.  These were obviously stolen.

These big giant american corporations think they can get away with it--just because they are huge and rich?  Not on my watch.

Officer James Mooney of the attleboro police department is on the case!  I just off the phone with him--I asked if they had any new leads in the case.   He replied--and I quote  "Leads, yeah, sure. I'll just check with the boys down at the crime lab, they've got four more detectives working on the case. They got us working in shifts!"  Amazon is done this time....they went to far.

SCAM!

Willy431< junior detective badge please.

All in good fun---I hate real scams as well on ebay---and don't take the bait.  I can't say it isn't temprting though!

• Like 2

I just called my police station and filed a report about amazon and toysrus.  There is no way they could have been selling the death star and super star destroyer for $360 last month.  What a scam---obviously they were stolen.  My 2 even came in the official lego boxes--not an amazon box.  Also---came with expeditited free shipping, and stock photos.  Actaully, they were only 350 after the amzn rewards came through.  These were obviously stolen.

These big giant american corporations think they can get away with it--just because they are huge and rich?  Not on my watch.

Officer James Mooney of the attleboro police department is on the case!  I just off the phone with him--I asked if they had any new leads in the case.   He replied--and I quote  "Leads, yeah, sure. I'll just check with the boys down at the crime lab, they've got four more detectives working on the case. They got us working in shifts!"  Amazon is done this time....they went to far.

SCAM!

Willy431< junior detective badge please.

All in good fun---I hate real scams as well on ebay---and don't take the bait.  I can't say it isn't temprting though!

Nice work  :rofl:

I bought a scam last year around this time before I knew what they were.  Sad thing is, once I figured it out, I contacted Ebay and TRU (tru is where the item was shipped from).  Ebay told me they couldn't do anything about it (or didn't want to mess) and to contact TRU.  TRU told me they couldn't do anything about it and to contact Ebay.  I tried but I don't think EBAY or TRU could give a rats behind as long as they get their money.  Sad but true.  (insert Metallica song here)

I'm disappointed in you guys. I think this is the first BP thread ever where members have actually defended or shrugged off scammers. Well done.

I wash my hands of it.

I am totally with you. I don't get it. It maddens me. Thats why a lot of things are going to the crapper. People have to morals and just think everything isn't their problem. 

As a society, people just look the other way. They don't pay attention to how their actions affect the world in general. And then they stand around and complain - banks are corrupt and charge too much money, the laws are ridiculous, blah blah blah and nobody takes freakin responsibility for the fact that their actions drove it to this way.

If by posting in this thread and looking out for scammers we catch one person doing it, we have done better than all the people just shrugging it off.

• Like 1

I believe this person is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141024674622

They are selling quite a few sets (and have been) way underpriced, stock photos, low feedback very spreadout. 

Could be legit, though I doubt it. I wrote the seller a message to ask how it was shipped.

I just asked for the same info or a picture of the actual item.

I am totally with you. I don't get it. It maddens me. Thats why a lot of things are going to the crapper. People have to morals and just think everything isn't their problem.

As a society, people just look the other way. They don't pay attention to how their actions affect the world in general. And then they stand around and complain - banks are corrupt and charge too much money, the laws are ridiculous, blah blah blah and nobody takes freakin responsibility for the fact that their actions drove it to this way.

If by posting in this thread and looking out for scammers we catch one person doing it, we have done better than all the people just shrugging it off.

totally agree also........its no surprise some people don't care, same people that are buying 150 dollars b wings from amazon and then returning them to the Lego store for full msrp credit and then get all butthurt when you call them shady.
  • Like 2

totally agree also........its no surprise some people don't care, same people that are buying 150 dollars b wings and then returning them to the Lego store for full msrp credit and then get all butthurt when you call them shady.

I don't get how anyone can defend that either. I have friends that do that. I just can't. I went to take back a set to walmart without a receipt and it rang up 10 dollars more than I paid and I wanted to just pocket the 10 but I couldn't do it. Would never feel right about it.

I'm with you guys. The returning and buying from scammers makes me embarrassed to even be associated with this stuff. Believe it or not, these actions get noticed by TLG. Supporting these kinds of activities doesn't make our lives any easier dealing with TLG or our future buyers.

• Like 3

If it really bothered lego, they wouldn't have a return 5 policy. They would never give you a $200 credit on a b wing....why would anyone think that was possible when they sold it for 99 bucks themselves just a few months ago. Good luck with that. I don't think lego cares...you are getting store credit. Not cash. They do it for goodwill. If it didn't work, o is abused...they would change their policy. A policy like that must be being abused...you would think.

• Like 1

It is great to be proactive but I have seen eBay suspend people for filing too many complaints or accusations of fraud. On a sportscard forum I frequent it was a hot topic for a couple weeks last year. Two separate member received 14 day suspensions from eBay. They were legitimately trying to report fraud. They had documented everything. I will try to find the thread and link it.

You are trying to do the right thing, but getting yourself and some of the members here who follow you tossed off eBay doesn't seem like it will help anyone. I have no problem with what your doing, just wanted to let you know you might want to be careful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-Star-10188-/321174774893?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item4ac782246d

Here is another. 5 day handling time, low feedback and all froma long time ago then randomly has 10 Death Stars to sell for 10% off. Scam

I am not as sure about this.  The Death Stars look suspicious, but it also seems that they are selling other items that are less likely to be scams.  I asked them for actual photos and if the items are drop-shipped.  If I get no reply or a response that does not satisfy me I will move forward.

The seller only has 2 other items for sale.........maybe there is also a big market for dropscammed rogaine and scooters ;) thieves gotta mix it up a little I'm sure it gets a little boring just scamming with LEGO bricks.

The Rogaine fits my idea of a scammer, but the scooter kinda threw me.  Also, they just got some feedback from selling a camera bag.  Maybe a smarter scammer that is selling some legit stuff at the same time as a beard?

I am not as sure about this.  The Death Stars look suspicious, but it also seems that they are selling other items that are less likely to be scams.  I asked them for actual photos and if the items are drop-shipped.  If I get no reply or a response that does not satisfy me I will move forward.

Here is the response that I got:

my items is full box,seal .

so you don't worry 

if got any damaged you can return it .

thanks

No answer, really.  Definitely not satisfactory.