What is the rarest LEGO you own?

• 1 month later...

Here's Mine! - Prototype Darth Vader Helmet

Personally, I would not see pieces like that sell for much in the next 2 -3 years thanks to the 3D printers. Unless some form of authenticity is offered, it will be hard to convince potential buyers that such pieces are genuine.

Please do not think that I am disputing the authenticity of your piece.

It can be seen with the number of "cloned" Mr Golds selling out there . It looks like the real thing but without the proof of being the genuine article, such facsimiles don't help the cause of those who possess the real thing.

I wish I had some prototype pieces myself, more for the uniqueness of the item as opposed to the investment value. It is a very subjective thing to value such things. The same goes for store displays or Lego built custom sets

If you had the prototype of the Millenium Falcon, what would that be worth.

I will leave you with this, what is the DeLorean concept built for Lego Cuusoo worth?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest eightbrick

Just found two promo Lego Stanley cups that have been hiding in my collection for years. Pretty rare (not even on Brickset or Bricklink!), I think they were given out at TRU or something sometimes between 2002-2005, might have been a Canadian exclusive I'm not really sure. Here's a pic (not mine):

d4e4o5g414p4n5x5m4g574a4u5l4a4p4e5c4v5k4

http://www.toysperiod.com/lego-set-reference/sports/hockey/lego-hkycup-mini-stanley-cup/ Anyone know the value on these things?

Just found two promo Lego Stanley cups that have been hiding in my collection for years. Pretty rare (not even on Brickset or Bricklink!), I think they were given out at TRU or something sometimes between 2002-2005, might have been a Canadian exclusive I'm not really sure. Here's a pic (not mine):

d4e4o5g414p4n5x5m4g574a4u5l4a4p4e5c4v5k4

http://www.toysperiod.com/lego-set-reference/sports/hockey/lego-hkycup-mini-stanley-cup/ Anyone know the value on these things?

I've never seen let alone heard about that item. Neat. Well, aside from the sticker and chrome 2 x 2 cylinders, I could pretty much build that. I haven't the foggiest as to actual worth but I could imagine any fan of hockey would get a kick (or should I say slapshot) out of it.

Guest eightbrick

I've never seen let alone heard about that item. Neat. Well, aside from the sticker and chrome 2 x 2 cylinders, I could pretty much build that. I haven't the foggiest as to actual worth but I could imagine any fan of hockey would get a kick (or should I say slapshot) out of it.

Yeah it only has like seven parts, 2 of them rare (plus the sticker). They handed it out built from my memory. I probably won't sell either, way too cool to have. Now if only TLG rekindles their license with the NHL... They could do 2 minifigure series and cover every one of the 30 teams, plus a ref and Gary Bettman (for us to abuse :D ). Actually, that could work well for all sports leagues...