Flick Picks & TV Clicks

Guest eightbrick

Agree on Snyder.

Ben Affleck is a fine actor but as Batman? No.

And even the title Batman vs. Superman is ridiculous. Batman is a human being, a great detective, and a great fighter working in a realm that isn't "Supernatural". If this movie were to be realistic based on each mans abilities, it would be a .00078 second film, with Superman flying off to his next lame/boring "adventure" after using his laser-vision, super-speed, or whatever else to make Batman a bowl of soup.

Lego Batman vs. Regular Superman would make a much more interesting premise.

L2kryptonite

Krypto-Batman? That could play well. The Batsuit in 70's style harvest gold and avocado green for kryptonite components...

Affleck pulled off the 70's motif in that movie last summer about the fake movie to save hostages and such. Maybe that landed him this role.

Seen the new Keanu Reeves new Movie John Wick Last night and it was great, His best movie in years. And like I said best action movie in years, All Star cast, Great Acting by everybody in the film, He Looses is wife, wife leaves him a small Dog, but the bad guys want his car and kill his dog, and then the Revenge Killing starts, and I mean Brutal Killing, Check the reviews which at least 3/4 of them are great. since I go to the movies all the time, Fury was good, The Equalizer was good, but John Wick is the best. So Go See it its great. Score 9/10    Ed

• Like 2

My big issue with it - the movie would feel way less fake if they used actual russians. What, they ran out of russians up there in Hollywood?? At the least they could have try to do proper voiceovers using actual russian speakers - i am sure computers these days can modulate the speech such that nobody would ever notice the dubbing. Reeves' futile attempts at speaking in russian were laughable...

Good thing there were english subtitles - I could hardly understand what were they were saying most of the time.  :russian:

Edited by No More Monkeys

I've never watched past the first one. Which in the series in the best? Put them in order... :)

The fifth and sixth are probably the best ones as far as being coherent, well-written movies, but as a fan of the series and of car tuning I think they're all worth watching through to see how both the movies have matured and the car scene changed.

I went and watched "Nightcrawler" tonight. Finally, an original story and it was good to boot.

I was fortunate enough to see an advanced screening and...

I don't think that it was an original story (I don't want to post anything that could be a spolier) and I thought that it was great for 2/3 but the last act was ridiculous and farfetched. The acting was excellent and I really appreciated the mood, tone, dialogue and other technical qualities. I would happily see it again as it was a very enjoyable experience.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• Like 1