What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest eightbrick

Meaning? Sorry, I just really don't get it!

I think he might be asking if you are out of money. Because personally, when I'm out of dough, a 25 cent pack of ramen noodles does about fine for breakfast lunch and dinner. That's my take... but I'm not exactly sure xD

Hit the Walmart on the way home from work for some milk and a head of lettuce, lego aisle was a dissapointment as usual, but they still had that same HD I saw last week that I had avoided because it looked like it had been opened and tampered with. Figured what the heck, at 89.00 I really can't lose and I can always take it back if it's missing pieces, besides, I was amazed just to see it still on the shelf.  

Indeed, the seals on one end were broken, but I opened the box to find all 9 baggies sealed and intact along with the instructions. So this turned out to be a decent score. I have 4 HD's now and I was planning to keep one anyway, so this already opened one will be mine and the NISB ones can all be sold.

Hit the Walmart on the way home from work for some milk and a head of lettuce, lego aisle was a dissapointment as usual, but they still had that same HD I saw last week that I had avoided because it looked like it had been opened and tampered with. Figured what the heck, at 89.00 I really can't lose and I can always take it back if it's missing pieces, besides, I was amazed just to see it still on the shelf.  

Indeed, the seals on one end were broken, but I opened the box to find all 9 baggies sealed and intact along with the instructions. So this turned out to be a decent score. I have 4 HD's now and I was planning to keep one anyway, so this already opened one will be mine and the NISB ones can all be sold.

Great buy.

The Lord of the Rings Hobbit Shelob Attacks (9470)  $17.50
X-Wing Starfighter 9493  $45.00

Both on Amazon

I was going to get a dozen minifigs, but they are 3.99 on Amazon and 2.99 on Lego.com.  I might as well wait till I buy something in Sept and get the free shipping from Lego, too.  

The best thing about buying/investing in Star Wars and LOTR Lego with a son that is almost 3 is that if they don't turn a profit in 3 years, they are great birthday gifts.  

I'm not too keen on the spiders, but I can't put my finger on why. I've only grabbed 2 thus far. I guess I may favor them more if the scene in the new film is entertaining.

Neither was I initially, and I think it is partially due to the larger spiders being released in Hagid's Hut and Shelob Attacks in recent years, as well as trees (or just stumps).  I initially bought one only for my personal collection but looking over the pieces you get elves, dwarves, some cool blades and some glow in the dark elements. Plus having a female elf is cool. 

They were 50% off which is a great deal for Australia. I am happy to load up on Hobbit sets for the long term. I think anything with elves and orcs in them will do very well in the future.

Yeah, at 50% off you can't lose. The biggest discount I've seen on them locally was 30%, and I chose to load up on things like Uruk-Hai armies and Unexpected Gatherings instead for the same discount. But had these been 50%, I would have grabbed some.

Earlier today I just did the Yoyo 20% deal and got some new SW sets; one 75021 Gunship, one 75019 AT-TE and one 75017 Dual on Geonosis. I maximized the discount (which caps at $50) by ordering exactly $250 worth of sets. Made my total exactly $200 before tax. With tax $218 and free shipping. 

Yesterday (and I know most of you will chastise me for this but I just couldn't resist!) I bought the 10192 Factory Space Skulls set NIB shipped for $41.50 off eBay. I'm still not quite sure why I bought it? It will most likely never increase in value, and I really have no interest in building it. I guess part of me did it because the PPP is just over 4 cents. But I think the other part of me did it just to appease my crazy collector side. I think I just now realized that I am turning into a real deal collector, and I buy things like this only because they're rare and quirky, not necessarily valuable.  :zorro:

-PB

• Like 1

Guest eightbrick

Earlier today I just did the Yoyo 20% deal and got some new SW sets; one 75021 Gunship, one 75019 AT-TE and one 75017 Dual on Geonosis. I maximized the discount (which caps at $50) by ordering exactly $250 worth of sets. Made my total exactly $200 before tax. With tax $218 and free shipping. 

Yesterday (and I know most of you will chastise me for this but I just couldn't resist!) I bought the 10192 Factory Space Skulls set NIB shipped for $41.50 off eBay...

-PB

Nice hauls. I don't mind the looks of the Space Skulls too much, but dang, compared to the Star Justice set they look pretty pitiful.

Picked up 12 Catwomen Cycle. 10 of the boxes are very, very good, 2 are a little iffy but decided to get them anyway. Left 8-10 on the shelf because of an unheathy amount of shelf wear, or severe damage (creases, dents, crush damage, etc). Brings my total to 15. Nice little stash of a cool set, and very easy to store. If only they had been Captain America.... haha