What Lego set did you buy today?

Good for you. I wouldn't give that one up for anything!

Check it out. He got it signed by Masashi Togami of Team BTTF and Claudia Wells (Jennifer Parker) from the first Back to the Future movie! :yahoo:

Lea Thompson was there as well but I didn't know she was there or else I would have gotten her signature too :shout:

Guest TabbyBoy

Just got 4 Orc Forges from Amazon.uk  :thumbsup:

I've just bought 5 as that's all they let me have so, I'm asking my other half to buy another 5 when she gets home - 10 is a nice round number.  BTW... this is no longer listed on Lego GB.

Guest eightbrick

Just received my new in sealed bags (no box) 10174 UCS AT-ST. Wanted this for a long time and finally pulled the trigger.

I expect a 50, 000 character review by tommorow morning. Just kidding, congrats! Enjoy the build (I hope you are buidling it...)!

I expect a 50, 000 character review by tommorow morning. Just kidding, congrats! Enjoy the build (I hope you are buidling it...)!

I'm building it at the moment! This is for my personal collection not for investing. I got it cheaper than what used ones are going for so it was hard to pass up!

I'm building it at the moment! This is for my personal collection not for investing. I got it cheaper than what used ones are going for so it was hard to pass up!

I just rebuilt mine recently, great build.  I then sold it (for about $200).  Regret it a little but wanted the money and display space for the new LOTR sets.

I just rebuilt mine recently, great build.  I then sold it (for about $200).  Regret it a little but wanted the money and display space for the new LOTR sets.

I wish I could do this kind of thing. Once I build a set I find it impossible to part with it....One of the reasons I have not even opened the $280 ISD I got a couple weeks ago. Once it's built it will stay lol

I wish I could this kind of thing. Once I build a set I find it impossible to part with it....One of the reasons I have not even opened the $280 ISD I got a couple weeks ago. Once it's built it will stay lol

Here is a good tip to solve this problem. Buy two or more of the same set. One is to build, and the others are to invest in. I also have this problem of finding it impossible to part out with a set after I built, so this is what I do.

I wish I could this kind of thing. Once I build a set I find it impossible to part with it....One of the reasons I have not even opened the $280 ISD I got a couple weeks ago. Once it's built it will stay lol

It has been hard.  But I'm selling out of most of my SW sets to collect LOTR.

It has been hard.  But I'm selling out of most of my SW sets to collect LOTR.

I have been shifting to LOTR as well, and once I build the Council of Elrond and the Black Gate I will officially be out of space. Considering that Tower Bridge is already stored, Ewok Village and Sidney Opera House in the horizon, I might start to store even more sets...

Guest eightbrick

Here is a good tip to solve this problem. Buy two or more of the same set. One is to build, and the others are to invest in. I also have this problem of finding it impossible to part out with a set after I built, so this is what I do.

Trust me, if he came accross two ISDs for 280 (each) he would have. I think any of us would have.

Sydney at $270...wow, at that price I would be building that set for sure.  Congrats on the haul.  

Today I made the pilgrimage to the local Lego store.  4 hours round trip (not good!), but I scored the following:

41999 Crawler ($200)

Captain America's Avenging Cycle (several at $10.48 each)

Next month's promo, the mini VW Bus, is definitely enticing.  

Sometimes one gets lucky.  I went by walmart today, they had a 5770 on the shelf, I didn't think much of it, glanced by it like any other set.  Went home, fell asleep and had a dream that I was at walmart and saw the set.  Woke up, and couldn't figure out whether I had actually seen it or not.  Went to the store anyways, BOOM, $20 Lighthouse! It was dusty, so I figure it was in the back.