What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest eightbrick

Yep. I would rather sit with a bag full of Lego on my lap next to the crying baby that comes complimentary with all long flights than have it molested by the shipping crew. Having real trouble finding some cardboard to protect it though, went into like five stores asking if I could use old boxes that were piled up next to garbage and got a bunch of "no"s and some long pep talks in Japanese (I guess you can't complain when you are the one in their backyard). Thanks for the well wishes, I'll be back soon. Then I can start flooding the forums again xD

Good find Brianl3.  Enjoy the rest of your trip and safe travels back to CAN eventually.  Are you going to take some of your toys onboard so they won't be crushed?

Complete 4842 for $ 120

I got a sealed box today for 213. Have you seen what they're going for on ebay? $280+ !!! BP has it valued at $240 right now, but obviously that will change with the next update. I'm really hoping this set will be in demand with Potter fans for a long time.

I definitely want this set.

It is great. It now has an improved Technic frame that makes it a lot more sturdy than the previous gunships. (I wouldn't be surprised if it fell and no damage. I don't have enough courage to try it though!)  The cockpits are improved as well as the ball-mounted guns on the front and back. (The guns used to fall out if you looked at them for more than a second.) The 5 out of 7 exclusive minifigures top it off nicely. I highly recommend it!

I've just bought a 8455 set and started to build it up, it's a complete blast from my childhood having spent many a day with a few pieces of Lego, my family could never afford technic's and I always prayed for each new design that came out at crimbo when a child, I'm so happy to be able to treat myself now even at nearly 40.

I guess once u've enjoyed constructing even with the basic sets, the fun never leaves you as an adult or maybe it's just me???