What Lego set did you buy today?

Found it on a clearance aisle at Target. It was not in the regular Lego aisle.

Man, wish my Target had a clearance aisle like it did for the after holiday sales. It seems to have a clearance esque area but it's filled with notebooks, paper, pencils, and other office supplies. In short, all the back-to-school crap. :geek:

Decent haul this morning at a local WalMart.

4 x 75004 Z-95 Headhunter - $25

1 x 9497 Republic Striker-Class Starfighter - $20

8 x 79001 Mirkwood Spiders - $5

3 x 4436 Patrol Car - $6

Not sure about the Headhunter as an investment but felt compelled at that price. Can always take them back. The Mirkwood Spiders were red-tagged on the shelf at $16, but scanned at $5 for some reason. I left a few on the shelf so someone else can enjoy the surprise.

This WalMart probably had 25% of the Lego aisle red tagged on the shelf. It's a bit of an outlier location, since they are under renovation, so not sure if that affected the prices at all. I missed out on a bunch of deals, won't post them all, but Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout for $25 was one I was bummed to miss. Guessing other WalMarts might do the same this week though to get rid of stock for the August 1 new set wave.

At a different store:

1 x 7347 Highway Pickup - $31.99

On clearance at Fred Meyer. Box is gashed a bit on the front, but should be complete. Will probably open this one to build, my son loves the 3 in 1 sets.

Guest eightbrick

I finally have something worth bragging about. As I was browsing through a large toy store in the Tokyo area, I was looking through the Lego sets, and quickly became dismayed that most prices were at Japanese retail, the new coast guard sets, the new star wars sets, and Dino Attack set 7473 Street Sprinter vs. Mutant Lizard o: That's right, I found an eight year old set at a popular and large toy store in one of the biggest cities in the world - you can imagine how happy I was at the discovery of the set. As for the price, it was about the USD equivalent of 5 dollars (a far cry from its market value of 24.47). I picked up two, but am considering snatching up the other six - at quantuple your money you can't go wrong.

Another Craigslist buy today.

6262 - King Kahuka's Throne
6268 - Renegade Runner (pirate ship)
6270 - Forbidden Island

Seller says they are 100% complete, I have to check tonight. They came in the original box with instructions, and the boxes are in great shape for the age. The ship looks complete and the fabric sails are in mint condition. Paid $50 for the lot, hoping to flip for double.

Gambled on an additional grocery bag of misc pieces for $20 - looks like it has more Pirates stuff, along with some possible complete Paradisa sets (kind of a precursor to Friends). A couple of the baseplates alone look like they go for $20 so I think it was a decent gamble and should be a fun one to part out.

I finally have something worth bragging about. As I was browsing through a large toy store in the Tokyo area, I was looking through the Lego sets, and quickly became dismayed that most prices were at Japanese retail, the new coast guard sets, the new star wars sets, and Dino Attack set 7473 Street Sprinter vs. Mutant Lizard o: That's right, I found an eight year old set at a popular and large toy store in one of the biggest cities in the world - you can imagine how happy I was at the discovery of the set. As for the price, it was about the USD equivalent of 5 dollars (a far cry from its market value of 24.47). I picked up two, but am considering snatching up the other six - at quantuple your money you can't go wrong.

Nice find!!!! Congrats!

I'm finally able to say I'm a proud owner of the QAR! Snagged a used one off CL for $100, adult owned, only built once and included the box in great shape. Going to build it and then probably sell for a small profit....but I don't know, emotion may screw me and cause me to hold onto this. In fact I may keep this and instead sell one of the still unopened B-Wings I was going to keep for myself instead. Decisions, decisions... 

Straight up homemade 100% pure grade Awesome Sauce! +1 to that for sure! :biggrin: Scoop up the others as well. I would have in a heartbeat! I love those Dino Attack sets even though I never found any back in the day. Anyway, that originally had a retail of $4 in 2005. Dang dude, you made out like a bandit!

Guest eightbrick

Straight up homemade 100% pure grade Awesome Sauce! +1 to that for sure! :biggrin: Scoop up the others as well. I would have in a heartbeat! I love those Dino Attack sets even though I never found any back in the day. Anyway, that originally had a retail of $4 in 2005. Dang dude, you made out like a bandit!

I am really hoping I will be able to make it back there before I leave to pick up at least some of the other 6. At least I don't really have to worry about someone buying them; they've been sitting there for eight years, I'm sure they can last a day or two more xD Yeah, I like Dino Attack too and have two of the sets, so I will be definitely opening at least one of them. Surprised Japan got the Dino Attack line instead of the Dino 2010 one which was released in Europe. When I do sell them, it will most likely be on BrickClassifieds so maybe I can hook you up :D

Guest eightbrick

Thanks for the advice and rep. point TOK. I had forty minutes to burn so I ran to the subway station (at rush hour unfortunately lol), and picked up the remaining 5. Really surprised that one sold between my first and second visit. Or maybe I just miscounted the first time. Cleaned them out, I figured little timmy had eight years to pick one up so I could justfify the quantity. Lego doesn't seem as popular in Japan.